*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    griller wrote:
    Honestly, I can't imagine, how can I survive a 395 level PVE enemies without the 2AP stun. These enemies have so high hp (20 000), that it is impossible to kill them before they kill me, it's just simple math. 5AP stun for max 3 turns is called a less significant change ? This is the most important change which by my opinion makes spiderman almost useless for >200 lvl enemies. For me this is definitely the last drop and I quit this game. Not just nobody cares the European players, where most tournaments end 6am and to be successful, you simply must play last few hours, but this is the 2-nd time I have invested in character which is later made almost useless. Knowing that in advance I would invest in something else. Dear developers, if you break the agreement (you offer abilities, I purchase, you change it), you should return the investment made as it works in the whole civilized world. If you sell me anything, and later you remotely change it's functionality, you have to accept the return of equipment and return the money. Somehow I survived this approach in case of thor, but now, which character should I invest in ? Clearly not the strongest one as you permanently destroy investments made in strongest characters. I consider that highly unserious.

If you were relying solely on spidey to get you that high than you were way in over your head and it was players like you abusing the system that they had to go to the 400 cap. While D3 is to blame, you along with many other players decided to invest in the most effecient and easiest way to get to the top, I don't blame you, but if Spider-man was the only reason you were getting that high and can't because he's not as good anymore, your collection is past its effectiveness of what it can do and you see how obviously broken Spider-man was because you said there was no way you could beat those guys without him, translation "I abused Spider-man because I could and got really far in tourney's and such, that the rest of my collection had no place in being" Look at it this way, how many covers, ISO, and HP did all those months of abusing Spider-man get you? I'm guessing quite abit, so I think all of the players looking for refunds should also refund back the covers, ISO, and HP they got because of Spider-Man. What? no one likes that? Well I guess D3 is looking at it the same way, you still have Spiderman, he's still playable, albeit nowhere near as powerful and you keep all the stuff you abused him to get and we call it even.

I love this "translation" part. I don't get it, but it's funny how some people think. Instead of thinking it's a case of people using their best team of characters in which SM played an integral part it's somehow about abusing a system and being over your head. Take away the most valuable part of anyone's team who doesn't have the money to buy endless tokens with .3% chance of getting what you want and see if they don't take a hit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spider-Man feels the nerf bat sting.

25142d5fdea111b214555e868c76ec9f.jpg
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I love all the complaints, but that's schadenfreude for ya...
    Anywho, he wasn't made anywhere near useless, and claiming he's worse than O.Widow is just asinine, since he has nearly twice her health, and can heal roughly 250% as much health for just 3 more ap.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think my biggest complaint about the change is that I'm not sure how to play what is essentially a brand new character compared to the one I had 12 hours ago. I already had him KO'ed in my first match of the night.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bahamut685 wrote:
    I love all the complaints, but that's schadenfreude for ya...
    Anywho, he wasn't made anywhere near useless, and claiming he's worse than O.Widow is just asinine, since he has nearly twice her health, and can heal roughly 250% as much health for just 3 more ap.

It seems to me you don't get the difference between 2 and 3 stars...
    As if it's just the health to make a character good, especially when one single hit kill you, no mather what.
    What if you spend your money to buy a car then they call to inform you that they lowered it from 300 cv to 150 cv? but hey! It's still better than a bicycle!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    doloriel wrote:
    I think my biggest complaint about the change is that I'm not sure how to play what is essentially a brand new character compared to the one I had 12 hours ago. I already had him KO'ed in my first match of the night.

in the lightning round i got two victories cause they tried to kill my powered hulk with the new spidey, hilarity ensued!
  • Unknown
    Options
    doloriel wrote:

in the lightning round i got two victories cause they tried to kill my powered hulk with the new spidey, hilarity ensued!

Don't say it too aloud, if D3 understands you spend money on hulk they could nuke it too icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I understand the need for balance, and understand that Spider-Man was an over-powered character; I've actually worked in video game QA, so I know first hand just how necessary that is. But this nerf still hits me very hard, and not just in terms of gameplay. I've focused on Spider-Man pretty much from the beginning, first just because I really like the character, and then also because I liked the way he played. I have him at 4/5/1, with the final two levels of Tied Up having come just recently. With the time it takes to get 3-star covers, and the money/gold it takes to level up powers when you aren't getting the covers you need, the build I have for him is the culmination of about half a year of careful cultivation. He is one of only three characters I have that break the lvl 85 limit. To have that much time and effort yanked out from under you is a real emotional hit, no matter how good the reasons are for it happening. All logic aside, it is that emotional impact that is going to be the hardest for a lot of people to take.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It is true that Hulk will play a better role as a deterrent. He is still not that great, but his black is more of a threat now. On the topic of spidy... yeah he's done for. Not as crazy as the Rag nerf but still useless. I tried to use him just because he fills blue and purple, but it was a waste of time. OBW replaced my spidy, at least until I cover and level my Hood.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If Spiderman can steal like OBW, it will be great! Although my OBW has less health, she survives more games than spidey because she could steal and slows down the opponents. SPiderman on the other hand....maybe need to max the purple to have a better protection? I'm at 553 now but I can't stop the onslaught and headbutts in time....
  • Unknown
    Options
    wuming79 wrote:
    If Spiderman can steal like OBW, it will be great! Although my OBW has less health, she survives more games than spidey because she could steal and slows down the opponents. SPiderman on the other hand....maybe need to max the purple to have a better protection? I'm at 553 now but I can't stop the onslaught and headbutts in time....

Yeah those 20 point def tiles will surely save you....

By the time you have enough web tiles out to make a difference the match is usually over anyways. Unless you have CMags or have to deny purply, I'd advise against matching it for protection now.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've somehow managed to never get a yellow SM cover, mine's 5 blue, 1 purple, but he was still great with just the blue. Now, IMO, he's definitely useless.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    There have been tons of suggestions for Spidey and while I don't think devs even look at them, I had an idea too and have to get rid of it because otherwise it's gonna torment me.

Yellow should probably stay in its current rendition. Level upgrades increase the amount of healing. Level 5 doesn't remove webtiles.
    Blue - Spider-Man swings from webs and makes enemies hit empty air. For 8 blue, create a random webtile. When an active enemy ability goes off (including environment), it does nothing but destroy the webtile (doesn't work on passives, including Raging Tempest, Dormammu's Aid, Anger, Espionage, passive regen, etc.).
    Level 2: requires 7 blue.
    Level 3: requires 6 blue.
    Level 4: requires 5 blue.
    Level 5: choose the tile (only basic tiles).
    Purple (passive): Spider-Sense creates protect tiles on friendly purple matches (much stronger with existing webtiles). Level upgrades make protect tiles stronger and less dependent on webtiles. Level 5 generates one blue AP per enemy purple match.

Crazy? Not crazy enough?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    There have been tons of suggestions for Spidey and while I don't think devs even look at them, I had an idea too and have to get rid of it because otherwise it's gonna torment me.

Yellow should probably stay in its current rendition. Level upgrades increase the amount of healing. Level 5 doesn't remove webtiles.
    Blue - Spider-Man swings from webs and makes enemies hit empty air. For 8 blue, create a random webtile. When an active enemy ability goes off (including environment), it does nothing but destroy the webtile (doesn't work on passives, including Raging Tempest, Dormammu's Aid, Anger, Espionage, passive regen, etc.).
    Level 2: requires 7 blue.
    Level 3: requires 6 blue.
    Level 4: requires 5 blue.
    Level 5: choose the tile (only basic tiles).
    Purple (passive): Spider-Sense creates protect tiles on friendly purple matches (much stronger with existing webtiles). Level upgrades make protect tiles stronger and less dependent on webtiles. Level 5 generates one blue AP per enemy purple match.

Crazy? Not crazy enough?

I like this idea, its at least much better then the current state of spidey.

I myself have several 100+ 3* covers and I used spidey because he was so usefull and good for boosting but not scary in PvP at all if you deny him blue..,(easy target on defensive as well ..) but nerf his protect tiles by half!?

Abit extreme IMO, although you can lay out 4 tiles now instead of 3 with a lower protect value ..
    The more webtiles (max benefit 3) the better protect tiles and heal, this is good but ..Blue 15AP? To "stun effective" and laydown 3 webtiles? by the time you have 15AP you can start healing again ..

Its stupid what D3 did, I personally like the new yellow & base heal amount, and this is still **** with the 3 webtiles out since its hard to gather the AP and protect the webtiles.

..but nerf purple pretty hard and destroy his blue? Ugh, they should rethink this
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm going to repeat what I said in the "upcoming nerf" thread for posterity's sake:

I think most people are seriously underestimating how good a 3-turn stun for 5 AP is. And I actually think decreasing the webtile "cost" for all of his abilities by 1 might make him too good again - he's really powerful if he's in "3 webtiles" mode. But requiring 15 Blue AP to get him rolling just cripples him.

I think he would be good if his purple creates one webtile if there aren't any on the board - I'm thinking in addition to the protect tile, but it could also be instead of the protect tile. That gives him a much - needed kickstart; 2 turns of stun and a protect tile boost isn't great but it isn't the worst thing you could to with 5 AP, and 5 turns of (splittable) stun and protect tile boost for 10 AP, plus activating the potential for "super heal," is pretty good. But requiring the purple match to get that first web tile out still puts a little bit of "cost" on accelerating him so he's not always on full steam.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KLoganR wrote:
    OBW replaced my spidy, at least until I cover and level my Hood.

This is the perfect example of either Spidey's new weakness or OBW being overpowered. For anyone to say they would use any 2* character over a 3* character points to the rating system not having its intended meaning. The same is true for using 3*'s over 4*'s.

If the character rating system made sense, then there would also be more separation between players. Everyone wouldn't see all 141 characters in PvP. The PTW players would also have maxed 4* and get matched against each other, leaving 3* players to get matched with the same level player. Instead the PTW players all have 3* and make it that much more difficult for everyone else.

(I think I got a bit off topic...)
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I think most people are seriously underestimating how good a 3-turn stun for 5 AP is. And I actually think decreasing the webtile "cost" for all of his abilities by 1 might make him too good again - he's really powerful if he's in "3 webtiles" mode. But requiring 15 Blue AP to get him rolling just cripples him.
    First, to get the 3-turn stun, you have to place 2 webtiles (10 AP at least, assuming are not destroyed earlier) for a total 15 blue ap
    Storm classic (2 stars...) with 11 blue AP stuns 4 turns and deals 1670 damage, so what are we talking about?
    They fool players who actually spends real time and money to bump spiderman.

P.s. I've found 5 minutes ago' a spidey blu card ahahah icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    ngbbs5011d1f642809.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think it's pretty apparent that his stun has been purposely changed into a late-match ability. In the same way The Hood's Yellow, Loki's Black, Captain America/Falcon's Defense tiles are used.

You don't actively seek AP tiles out and build towards using them, you just slowly acquire the AP throughout the match. Usually when there is one enemy left (and one with a shred of HP's left), you would have acquired enough to use it.

So, while it's not as valuable as it once was, it still has value in saving you (potentially) thousands of HP's in damage at the end of the match.

But as others have said, there are so many other choices to use instead, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bring Spidey along for the ride.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Of course he doesn't. He is totally useless now. As stated, 15 blue ap just to create 3 web tile, 6 turn stun. Another 12 yellow for full heal?? 27 tiles in total

A 2* storm need only 11 blue to 4 turn stun and deal massive damage to all heroes.

*2 obw with 18 blue tiles can heal twice and can steal via purple or black to speed up process.

He is not even 3* worth now... Not even a slight buff, a full battalion nerf.