*** Spider-Man (Classic) ***

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kerblam wrote:
    He was completely OP garbage. The nerf was a bit heavy handed but good riddance all the same.

Good riddance to arguably the greatest hero in the Marvel universe.

Right.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There is a huge difference between balancing and destroying... They should reconsider and let spidey be something more usefull
  • Frailezim
    Frailezim Posts: 68
    Options
    The poll is flawed in that it doesn't give you leeway to express what you are actually happy with..
  • Frailezim
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sorry to flog a dead horse spider ( yes there actually is a horse spider and it's **** huge!) here but the old poll was annoying me with its lack of options and scale.

Edited to include final poll results.

Item - Votes - % of Total Votes
    Very satisfied: He was overpowered and required balancing for the greater good of the game - 8 - 11%
    Satisfied: The process was handled better overall and the change will cause variety in teams and playstyles - 10 - 13%
    Neutral: Meh - 4 - 5%
    Unsatisfied: He needed balancing but the nerf went too far. Preferred something to be done rather than nothing - 38 - 51%
    Very unsatisfied: Ruined a key character - 12 - 16%
    Other: Please indicate a response in a reply - 3 - 4%
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well I haven't seen a single spidey in pvp yet since the nerf...
    I quess some people would be happy with that.
    Icexl, could you post some statistics about how much Spiderman is being used since the patch??

I think a nerf was necessary.
    The nerf itself was overdone. The stun is useless. The heal just a bit to low for 12y. Purple outshined by every other defensive ability.
    Can somebody confirm if Bullseye's defense tiles are better?? Not sure about this.

Overall I think this nerf is just a buff for Lazy Thor etc.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Seeing Spideys in PvP but he's probably one of 1-3 only maxed characters for many people.
    Yes even Bullseye's protect tiles are better now.
  • Frailezim
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yeah I know it's early days in this but its showing a more accurate split than the 50/50 split in the first poll.

Some more positive responses in. Thought that the fact I posted this at an awful time might require me to bump this from time to time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    rixmith wrote:
    Wow, I excepted to see a happy : unhappy ratio of about 1 : 10. As someone with only a couple Spidey covers (not enough to really ever use him but had to face him sometimes) I think he went from way overpowered to a little bit underpowered. But from my perspective on the Marvel Universe, Spidey shouldn't be the centerpiece of a team (unlike Thor, Hulk or Magneto) but a useful team mate. I think his Blue should be good enough to delay an opponent who has gotten enough AP to activate a big ability, but not so good it can stunlock the opposing team. I think that if the 5 Blue got you 2 turns of stun on one opponent instead of one he might be about right.

Were you? Th question is quite rigged and simplified to yes/no people without having spiderman already will vote on the yes in bulk.

There is a better poll opened recently that will show more reasonable results.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It is a far better set of alternatives.
  • Unknown
    Options
    'nerf went to far' will win in a landslide.

It's frustrating because everyone that posts on these forums had better ideas on how to properly nerf Spiderman. It wasn't that difficult.
  • Unknown
    Options
    He needed a change and many of us hoped he would be handled like Thor and arguably Wolverine. This went too far.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whatchu talkin bout? Obviously there can only be one possible reading from the numbers of agree/disagree, there could possibly be any nuance to that choice
  • Unknown
    Options
    Frailezim wrote:
    Yeah I know it's early days in this but its showing a more accurate split than the 50/50 split in the first poll.

Some more positive responses in. Thought that the fact I posted this at an awful time might require me to bump this from time to time.

Yep, that one was clearly rigged or ignorant. This one quite shows the picture.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:

Thanks for providing such an excellent example of confirmation bias.
  • Gerrod
    Gerrod Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The problem isn't how to prove that people are how satisfied/unsatisfied the player base is with the change to spider man, at least as far as motivating action from D3.
    In many ways, it is in D3's best interest to leave this character in a state that makes him unplayable. He has served a purpose - his unbalanced state, like Ragnarok, caused people to view the character as a must-have investment to succeed in the game - and so they spent their iso/hps to level him up. Those points are gone, and out of the economy. Even if you sell him, you get back only a small, small portion of what you invested.

Now those players must spend additional HP/ISO on a different character to replace him and be viable again. If they relied on a 5 green patch/spidey stunlock combo, they might have to replace 2 characters, or spend HPs to retool Spidey's former teammates so that they can be viable without spider man. More money, more iso/hp sinks.

From a business standpoint, this isn't a bad thing. You've made people unhappy, but the vast majority will continue to play this game because they're invested or enjoy it. This isn't enough to quit over.
    And you've also made a high portion of the big spenders in the game happy that this character isn't a threat any longer.

Active players and revenue is higher than after the Rags nerf. Why would they change this?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Patch for Spider-Man today, changing Spider-Sense a bit. Updated the OP with the new values.

Patch Notes 5/23
    Only one player facing change with these notes, affecting Spider-Man (Classic)

Characters
      Spider-Man (Classic) - Spider-Sense
      - Corrected a bug causing Level 4/5 Spider-Sense to be more powerful than 5/5 Spider-Sense - Corrected an issue preventing Spider-Sense from scaling properly for character levels over 85. Max level ability stats are:
      Old stats - 20/54/115/210 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board. New stats - 104/133/163/193 Protect tiles depending on Web tiles on board.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hardly used Spidey, so I'm confused about the following. The OP says Spider-Sense "Level 4: Creates up to 3 Purple Protect tiles." but my game says

E7PrbGG.png?1

At Level 4: Increases max Protect tiles to 4.

"Creates up to 3" would indicate a max of 3. The older versions don't say 4 protect tiles either. Huh?

[edit]Is it missing the word "additional"?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Seems to be just a copy/paste error. The "old" Purple and the "new" Purple are the same I notice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Thanks for providing such an excellent example of confirmation bias.

While you do have a point in your comment, there is definately a point in pasa_'s as well. The former poll had a real issue with how the answers were allowed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This poll has huge issues as well. There's basically one option that is the most common sentiment expressed, that he was OP and needed fixing, but they screwed it up. The 50/50 split in the first poll was mostly from people having to weigh between being happy something was done, and upset at the extent of the nerf. Here you've just tried to throw all those people in one choice. The top two choices are weird in that they're basically the same, except one is talking about the process? Everything else is talking about the actual changes.