MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unsurprisingly, from 3 fan favourites tokens, they've all been 4*s. They'll be no 5's in any I open since this game wont allow me to finish OML. Or, to really kick me between the legs, it'll give me a yellow OML. 
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Projectus2501 said:
    The only bad thing are the whiners
    Whining about the whiners, makes you a whiner.
    No prob. Doesn't change things. Just add me to the bad things list.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    5* Taskmaster Sword support in SCL 9 for top 1. The rarity goes down with each lower SCL until it hits SCL 6 (Rank 2). 

*Waiting for complaints to roll in about how it should be made available to top 50 or top 100 instead, or made available as progression rewards* 

No complaints here.  The fewer people get supports the less cleanup they'll have to do when they finally decide they made a mistake and take them out of the game.

You've made your intense dislike of supports well known, but I seriously doubt they're going to take them out of the game completely.  They've certainly made some very serious missteps in implementing them, but I really don't think they're as bad as all that and I suspect that opinion is shared by a significant portion of the player base.  Heck, some people may actively like them.  I think it's more likely they'll start making supports more available than take them out completely.

Regardless, I don't see making a particular support very rare a big deal - it just means we won't have to deal with players using it, and have yet another support to try and level.

Lastly, can we please stop flagging posts like this?  It's silly - just because you don't share Broll's opinion doesn't mean it violates the rules of the forum.  Hating a particular aspect of the game isn't "hate speech," if that were the case at least half of the regular posters would end up banned...

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Supports are going nowhere. The problem is the way they have implemented them, the idea is actually very good. I have the one I use on Thanos up to 143 now and it really makes a difference to my matches. I like them and happy they are here. 

My displeasure is solely in the way we can get them. Either spend fortunes or you'll never get them. Nope! I wont spend a penny, I'll just work with the ones I've got for free. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald said:

You've made your intense dislike of supports well known, but I seriously doubt they're going to take them out of the game completely.  They've certainly made some very serious missteps in implementing them, but I really don't think they're as bad as all that and I suspect that opinion is shared by a significant portion of the player base.  Heck, some people may actively like them.  I think it's more likely they'll start making supports more available than take them out completely.

I thought the same thing with vaulting, but that eventually went away.  I thought for sure they'd reuse Boss Rush, but they didn't.  If it meets whatever threshold they have for keeping it around it could go away.  Creating new supports isn't free, they have to pay the artists to do the art, the codes to make the moves, test to test, etc.  If the ROI isn't high enough they could and likely would cut and run, even if it's just stopping making any new ones and leaving the existing.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    I thought the same thing with vaulting, but that eventually went away.  I thought for sure they'd reuse Boss Rush, but they didn't.  If it meets whatever threshold they have for keeping it around it could go away.  Creating new supports isn't free, they have to pay the artists to do the art, the codes to make the moves, test to test, etc.  If the ROI isn't high enough they could and likely would cut and run, even if it's just stopping making any new ones and leaving the existing.
    The development it took to implement and gradually remove vaulting is nowhere close to what they've spent on supports. Plus, vaulting wasn't a thing players could "have" or "lose". And they have reused much of boss rush, it's called Sinister Six.

The only thing I can think of that would count as something developed, added to the game, and then obsoleted would be those crazy old boosts, but even then, the boost system is still in place; they've only retired some of them.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    The development it took to implement and gradually remove vaulting is nowhere close to what they've spent on supports. Plus, vaulting wasn't a thing players could "have" or "lose". And they have reused much of boss rush, it's called Sinister Six.

The only thing I can think of that would count as something developed, added to the game, and then obsoleted would be those crazy old boosts, but even then, the boost system is still in place; they've only retired some of them.
    Environment tile moves got removed and replaced by teamups. I see supports as a similar thing but highly doubt they will fully remove them. At worst maybe tweak them into something else.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Environment tile moves got removed and replaced by teamups. I see supports as a similar thing but highly doubt they will fully remove them. At worst maybe tweak them into something else.
    Sure, but again, no one "had" environmental tiles and were left holding the bag after they were retired.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    broll said:

Sure, but again, no one "had" environmental tiles and were left holding the bag after they were retired.
    True. I actually really like supports. I just feel the rollout of them was horrid. I'm hoping they make the tokens slightly easier to get in the near future.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dont even care much about supports being less available or anything.. they should be something to chase, not to have all right away, just as whole deck is...

i do have a problem with UI. Where the hell is what and what does it really do???
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This anniversary is going great. Good vault, nice rewards, a new event, etc.
    My bad, i thought that i had earned the right to an opinion after 1750 days of playing the game.  I guess my perspective doesn't count, strictly because you said so.  
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Shield Simulator is giving Taskmaster. Isn't that unusual? I was expecting it to give Dazzler. 

Is the plan for a Shield Sim for Dazzler will come in the full 2000 point season?
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My bad, i thought that i had earned the right to an opinion after 1750 days of playing the game.  I guess my perspective doesn't count, strictly because you said so.  
    Everyone has the right to an opinion either playing for 1750 days as you or only 550 days as me. I still stick to my opinion.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dunno about anyone else but it feels kinda insulting to have XF wolverine under fan favorites considering he hasn't been a favorite since you guy's sledgehammered him after you finally made him good with his rework.

Please just make him better already, you could probably get it done in 2-3 days, he has so many issues and is one of the first 4*'s in the game, it's just annoying to see him in this state for almost TWO YEARS now.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno about anyone else but it feels kinda insulting to have XF wolverine under fan favorites considering he hasn't been a favorite since you guy's sledgehammered him after you finally made him good with his rework.

Please just make him better already, you could probably get it done in 2-3 days, he has so many issues and is one of the first 4*'s in the game, it's just annoying to see him in this state for almost TWO YEARS now.
    I suspect at least some of the determination of "fan favourites" was done just by which characters in general are faves, and Wolverine is definitely on that list. The problem then arises when it's applied to the 4* and 5* tiers covered by the store, where the representations of Logan available are badly nerfed.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I did something I never do, played PVE to try and win a new release cover and ta dah: Taskmaster is mine. Added bonus was the 10k iso you get from winning that first Shield Training fight also.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Shield Simulator is giving Taskmaster. Isn't that unusual? I was expecting it to give Dazzler. 

Is the plan for a Shield Sim for Dazzler will come in the full 2000 point season?
    The next release is 5* Cable on the 18th and the season ends that weekend so it probably will be Dazzler since the next 4* release should be on November 1st. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everyone has the right to an opinion either playing for 1750 days as you or only 550 days as me. I still stick to my opinion.

Well, at least your are aware of your limitation, so good for you.  In another 1000 days, when they are still having similar rewards, you can still call them good and nice, and that is just fine as well.