MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    I dunno about anyone else but it feels kinda insulting to have XF wolverine under fan favorites considering he hasn't been a favorite since you guy's sledgehammered him after you finally made him good with his rework.

Please just make him better already, you could probably get it done in 2-3 days, he has so many issues and is one of the first 4*'s in the game, it's just annoying to see him in this state for almost TWO YEARS now.
    Fan favorite is not synonymous with meta. Xforce wolvie is pretty far from meta, but people still love them some wolverine.

He actually works pretty well with xforce deadpool. And his board shake can be fun with a 5* character. Not every character has to be the best (even if said character claims to be the best at what he does.... bub).
    *raises hand*

I enjoy using the 4-star Wolverine when I can.  All that board shake can lead to some monstrous cascades for you.  And yeah, Deadpool's Countdowns + Surgical Strike will down just about anyone.

If Surgical Strike still generated the AP from the tiles it destroyed, I think XFW would rate a lot higher in people's minds.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What color Howard do we think the PVP will give out?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I understand the system correctly, green, since blue and purple are available as placement rewards in Watch & Learn.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been holding off on buying roster slots since I was hoping for an anniversary discount or something.  Is that not gonna happen?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The hero points sales is ending soon. What kind of anniversary discount do you have in mind? Character bundle sales?
  • caverna2
    caverna2 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Are se going to have bundles?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If I understand the system correctly, green, since blue and purple are available as placement rewards in Watch & Learn.
    Bummer! I’m pegged on green already; if I can get this last purple out of the anniversary vault and luck out with a non-green from Webbed Wonder I’ll finally have him champed
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As always, turned animations on, just to play with new character in SHIELD Training. Have to say, little dissapointed that TM powers dont show a little a variation on the original powers. I know many players have animations turned off for good reasons, so might not be worth the investment. But still, i always enjoy seeing whats what. And for instance, every time i use RnG4, eventhough i have animations off, i enjoy “seeing” baby Groot walking towards me ..
    gmtosca said:
    I've been holding off on buying roster slots since I was hoping for an anniversary discount or something.  Is that not gonna happen?
    Discounted roster spots? 80% price or something?
    I think we had that in december around Xmas, not with anniversary..
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    caverna2 said:
    Are se going to have bundles?
    Based on their past behavior, if they DO, they won't announce them until after the HP sale is done with. Don't want people who would spend on the HP sale to think "Nah, I'll wait for a bundle," you know? They'd rather have people spend on the sale, THEN be tempted to spend a second time. (standard procedure for anything like this that relies on microtransactions, really)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will Taskmaster be in the next Savory Taco vault? If so that’d be awesome!  That happens to be the one I have I enough pulls to clean a vault out with. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    As always, turned animations on, just to play with new character in SHIELD Training. Have to say, little dissapointed that TM powers dont show a little a variation on the original powers. I know many players have animations turned off for good reasons, so might not be worth the investment. But still, i always enjoy seeing whats what. And for instance, every time i use RnG4, eventhough i have animations off, i enjoy “seeing” baby Groot walking towards me ..
    I have mixed feelings about them. On one hand, I do actually like the general imagery of him watching others and going "Hmmm, I could do that.". On the other hand, it would be much cooler if at least some of them showed him performing the move. On yet another hand (someone in MPQ has to be able to generate extras, right?), even with the design and layout pre-done, 18 new animations would probably be quite a lot of work for the art team.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    I have mixed feelings about them. On one hand, I do actually like the general imagery of him watching others and going "Hmmm, I could do that.". On the other hand, it would be much cooler if at least some of them showed him performing the move. On yet another hand (someone in MPQ has to be able to generate extras, right?), even with the design and layout pre-done, 18 new animations would probably be quite a lot of work for the art team.
    Yeah, we seen the others do them plenty. Now i wanted him to do them in his own way.. and yeah, thats probably too much, but either you do it right or it looks halfassed..

Extra hand shouldnt be problem indeed, lol.

Also perhaps should have made exception and made this 5/5/5 configuration option with all these powers? Its limited anyway..
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The hero points sales is ending soon. What kind of anniversary discount do you have in mind? Character bundle sales?
    Oops. Roster slots.  I remember they discounted it to 800 for a week, I think.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Iso-8 sales is up.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69810/roster-slot-discount-updated-1-8-18

The discount happened in the first week of Jan this year. It's not a guarantee it will happen again.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Iso-8 sales is up.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69810/roster-slot-discount-updated-1-8-18

The discount happened in the first week of Jan this year. It's not a guarantee it will happen again.

On the other hand, the HP sale lasted for a week and the ISO sale does as well, and there's still a full season week left after the ISO sale ends. There might be some special offers for that last week. Then again, there might not be.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    @Brigby

The Anniversary Season end time and the Anniversary Vault end time are the same. Usually a vault is up 24hrs longer than the event or Season. Does that mean that the End Season Anniversary Vault token rewards will be claimed on a new fully stocked event vault? It would be nice to use those tokens on the vault I already more than half emptied.  
    Just marking this as insightful isnt enough. 

+1
    this, so much this
    ⬆️

Please, find a way to change this...