MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated end time for Anniversary Vault and added info on Iso-8 sale
    Thank you Brigby.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated end time for Anniversary Vault and added info on Iso-8 sale
    Please dont wait too long with new event info. As you made it sound, it could involve some alliance coordination...
  • Valenson
    Valenson Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I waited for a week for an update on the Anniversary Event, and it came today. However, I still do not see any updates on 5-star feeders. Maybe I was naive to think that we would be getting some. In the recent game history, a new 5-star character release was accompanied with one or two updates to 4-star characters that would now award 5-star covers. I for one was hoping for a slew of them as part of this Celebration. So far I have not seen any. 
    Can someone, anyone, provide any insight on when the next round of 5-star character awards from 4-star champions may occur?
    Thank you

• Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    seem legit
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Valenson said:
    I waited for a week for an update on the Anniversary Event, and it came today. However, I still do not see any updates on 5-star feeders. Maybe I was naive to think that we would be getting some. In the recent game history, a new 5-star character release was accompanied with one or two updates to 4-star characters that would now award 5-star covers. I for one was hoping for a slew of them as part of this Celebration. So far I have not seen any. 
    Can someone, anyone, provide any insight on when the next round of 5-star character awards from 4-star champions may occur?
    Thank you

It happens when it happens. It was approximately every four weeks (not really tied to fivestar releases at all), but we had the big splurge during the MCU 10th anniversary celebrations and haven't Heard anything since.

It is not the sort of thing that gets announced in the Sneak Peek thread though, so for all we know we could get an announcement today. On the other hand, that would mean either Gamora or Howard the Duck becoming a feeder and neither option seems likely.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of the current batch of 4*s, I'd say Cable has the strongest ties to Cyclops (his dad), or XFDP I guess. But if the last few feeders have been much to go by, he'll probably come from Dazzler, who was in a relationship with Longshot, who may or may not be the father of Shatterstar, founding member of X-Force.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In the release notes for the anniversary it said “Various improvements and character balance changes “

im curious as to what this means as surely only one of those statements refers to tweaking the game 

to me character balance changes should refer refer to improvement of a character; something that hasn’t happened for a long time 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the release notes for the anniversary it said “Various improvements and character balance changes “

im curious as to what this means as surely only one of those statements refers to tweaking the game 

to me character balance changes should refer refer to improvement of a character; something that hasn’t happened for a long time 
    It's in every single patch note, it never means anything.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:

Monday, 10/15

Events

DDQ - Savory
    • Crash of the Titans: Taskmaster
    Are you serious???

edit Oh! It's a Crash against Taskmaster, right?

Because surely the devs would not be so sadistic as to have a Crash event for a character barely a week after their release...right???
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options

According to Brigby this is what improvements and character balances changed. 

Here are the Release Notes for the R163 update!

MPQ 163!
    • We hope you're enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest's 5 Year Anniversary!
    What's Changed:
    • The House Party Protocol tile is removed when Iron Man (Mark XLVI) receives damage, while a House Party Protocol tile is on the board.
    • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog)'s Loyal Protector activates when matching a Fortified friendly special tile.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Brigby said:

Monday, 10/15

Events

DDQ - Savory
    Are you serious???

Because surely the devs would not be so sadistic as to have a Crash event for a character barely a week after their release...right???
    You're very optimistic.

Not me :(
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magipink said:
    JSP869 said:
    Brigby said:

Monday, 10/15

Events

DDQ - Savory
    Are you serious???

You're very optimistic.

Not me :(
    Going to throw that Daredevil Stun at whoever the opponent is (Cap maybe?) and hope for the best lol.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    Brigby said:

Monday, 10/15

Events

DDQ - Savory
    Are you serious???

They ran Howard's first Crash during Duck Season after a relatively short time to acquire his covers. Wouldn't surprise me to see them do it again. Howard had the freebie cover from Webbed Wonder on his side, and his crash was winnable with only a single purple if you were patient. Taskmaster doesn't have that, but he does have the extra covers available from Shield Training and the season's Shield Simulator. And technically the Taskmaster & Foes vault (I want to say Duck Season was before there was a vault with a guaranteed cover, so bad RNG could lead to loads of tokens bought with no cover, as opposed to being able to clear out the Taskmaster & Foes vault and get a cover after at least 80 pulls).

If they scale the foe to account for how undercovered he will be for most people, it shouldn't be too bad. I'm not opposed to having a Crash for him this early if they balance it right, you know?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *raises hand*

I enjoy using the 4-star Wolverine when I can.  All that board shake can lead to some monstrous cascades for you.  And yeah, Deadpool's Countdowns + Surgical Strike will down just about anyone.

If Surgical Strike still generated the AP from the tiles it destroyed, I think XFW would rate a lot higher in people's minds.
    I think SS is fine as is, the old AP gain from tiles destroyed was wildly overpowered, especially if you fight teams where strongest color is black and hit them with it a second time.

Right now the issues I have with him is that not only is his green baby tickle damage (1385 on my 276, really?) but the three 3x3 X's are unreliable and can either end up in corners or overlapping each other.

Recovery is also pretty trashy, it's too much of a risk to even bother using and conflicts with the character abilities. Either it just gets blown up by random match 4/5's, an ability (on the character that has 2 board shake moves), or it get's matched on the enemy turn which is better for them because AI (and lot of players really) won't care about the damage and can get a cascade off of it.

I don't want Death God XFW back, but jeez touch him up already.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Recovery is also pretty trashy, it's too much of a risk to even bother using and conflicts with the character abilities. Either it just gets blown up by random match 4/5's, an ability (on the character that has 2 board shake moves), or it get's matched on the enemy turn which is better for them because AI (and lot of players really) won't care about the damage and can get a cascade off of it.
    Honestly, I usually use Recovery as an offensive power, and the healing is just a little something for if I don't manage to match it away.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Why is okoye still 500cp in heroes for hire?
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Mujo5 said:
    Why is okoye still 500cp in heroes for hire?
    Because her Heroes for Hire option started when she was still in Latest. She won't show up for 250 until she's essential as a Classic 5*.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    So it hasn't ever reduced in price before? I could have swore it does usually
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I seem to recall this has been the model for the last few 5*s to drop out of latest. They get one last hurrah as the featured for 500cp, and it doesn't reduce.
  • JHawkInc
    Options
    Never has. It was brought up when Spider-Man moved from Latest to Classics almost a year ago. Half the time it doesn't even come up, as a chunk of the 5's have their final event at a different time than when they cycle out of Latest, so there's no H4H to have a price change in the first place.