MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    MrKasady said:
    Emma Frost?!?!  Darnit!!!! :'( 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I know, right?  Happy Anniversary!  Here's your Limited Edition Taskmaster that you need a level 209 or better Emma Frost to receive in Shield.

I seriously, seriously wonder how they come up with stuff like this.  Do they actually think this is exciting for an Anniversary or is this some kind of game where they laugh at us and wonder why we aren't quitting faster?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    MrKasady said:
    Emma Frost?!?!  Darnit!!!!  

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I know, right?  Happy Anniversary!  Here's your Limited Edition Taskmaster that you need a level 209 or better Emma Frost to receive in Shield.

I seriously, seriously wonder how they come up with stuff like this.  Do they actually think this is exciting for an Anniversary or is this some kind of game where they laugh at us and wonder why we aren't quitting faster?
    Yes they hate their game but for some reason cannot quit so they purposefully sabotage the players so the game shuts down. And they laugh while doing it.... 

Are you serious, or do you just like to complain?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're just following their principle of focusing on new characters over old ones, so that's why Emma is required AND more Emma rewards are being given. They don't care that the entire player base hates her. They also thought it would be fun to introduce another limited character. 

Perhaps the anniversary is supposed to be the break we get from the never ending new character factory. You can ignore limited characters if you want to, but for serious players, it just becomes frustrating. At a bare minimum, I'm looking forward to the Iso gluttony, anniversary vault and raid event. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    bbigler said:
    They don't care that the entire player base hates her. 
    You mean "A tiny loud portion of the forums hates her."
    Mines not fully covered yet but I enjoyed using her when she was a featured character.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's too bad that Emma just missed making it into the Fan Favorites store. I bet there are tons wishing that they could dump all of their cp into it to try and get as many Emma covers as possible.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    We need more news on 5* feeders. Are we getting more news soon? @Brigby
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LLohm said:
    We need more news on 5* feeders. Are we getting more news soon? @Brigby
    At this point my theory is yes but once or twice a week on Mondays and Tuesdays when news usually drops. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    tiomono said:
    MrKasady said:
    Emma Frost?!?!  F*#&$(@ :'( 

Yes they hate their game but for some reason cannot quit so they purposefully sabotage the players so the game shuts down. And they laugh while doing it.... 

Are you serious, or do you just like to complain?
    Totally serious.  Maybe my point is lost.  Here is my point : how is this an Anniversary Event?  It's just SOP.  What is so freaking anniversary about it?  I have no idea how long you or others have played but I have been here for every anniversary and they used to be something special.

This is absolutely not special.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some more feeders would be so nice.  My luck's so lousy that I have nine champed 4*s, and a tenth - Nick Fury - with all the covers and not enough Iso yet.  Only one of the ten, Medusa, is a feeder.  I've got 8 more characters at level 200+, and only one of those, Sandman, is a feeder.  Give me some good news, devs!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That’s pretty much it from my memory. What are you thinking of?  They have all this plus a new feature which, other than championing during the second anniversary, I don’t recall happening during anniversaries. 

Several things were added just prior to Anniversary, in September. 5*s, then Shield Clearance Levels, then a year later SCL9. And a new boss event (Galactus, Boss Rush, and Apocalypse for those same 3 years). I would consider Places of Power as a Raid event to kinda take the place for both this year.

Which is to say I agree with you, that this Anniversary ticks all of the check boxes I expect an Anniversary to tick, and as such I'm looking forward to it. Especially since there's more to be announced.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah this is my third Anniversary as well and I don't remember anything special. Maybe they have a huge announcement planned that will fundamentally change the game that would be a major quality of life improvement but I doubt it. As it is I'm getting pretty bored of MPQ and seeing as most of my old alliance friends have quit the game I'm thinking a lot of people are probably feeling the same way.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got sweet token instead of anniversary vault token. Bug?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with that, if a character is limited then they need to be REALLY GOOD. Not meta-defining, but you should at least want to use them. Devil Dino is terrible, even after the rework. Also, since the covers are so rare, every single champion reward should be significant, like an LT, 15 CP, 1,000 HP, 5* covers, etc. Otherwise whats the point?
    I'm totally of the opposite opinion here. If limited characters were really good, then everyone who didn't/couldn't play when they were available would be at a significant disadvantage. 

This way, they're just novelties. You can try to collect them if you want to, but aren't really punished in any significant way for not being able to.
    I totally get that, which is why I specified "not meta-defining," but I might not have been completely clear. I don't think they should ever be C4rol good, or 5* Thor or Okoye good, but certainly 4* Blade good. A strong character that has a clear use but that isn't game-changing. They'll never be featured, required or boosted, so no one who doesn't have them would be at a disadvantage as they'd just be an extra option. 

If they're not good, what's the point? Why chase something that takes an enormous amount of time an energy to reliably cover, and likely spend real money in the process, if they're just going to sit on your roster as a novelty? Physical comics are already plagued by the collector mentality, but it's even more wildly silly when we're talking about DRM'd pixels.

Also, I could still get past having to roster a largely useless novelty character if the champion rewards were excellent. There'd at least still be one reason to chase them, then.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't read the pop-up. You got a Taco Token because it's Taco Day (Anniversary Tokens aren't supposed to go out yet anyways).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The 4th is national taco day.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the clarification. I didn't know such day exists.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OML...really? Where is 5* Thor in the Fan Favourite store?