MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime said:

Places of Power - Alliance Raid Event
    • A new story event where players strategize with their Alliance and split up to different locations to try to keep vast mystical powers from falling into the wrong hands!
    • More details to come!
    Best anniversary news!
    Just remember boss rush was an anniversary event.  That boss event still gives me nightmares.
    If they tweaked that ala Sinister Six (especially in terms of AP not transferring between rounds) Boss Rush could be made workable and with all the extra 5's since 2016, could be made fun.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Anon said:
    Features Peggy Carter, Emma Frost, and Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

*Flips table*

My Emma is 2 covers shy of going to lvl 209. I will get one from progression in the upcoming story event and I'm not sure where the 2nd is coming from. 

Just arrrrgh.
    Yep.  Emma is one of four 4-stars that I don't have at LVL 209.  Iron Spidey's one cover short, but my Emma is a 2/2/2, and I don't happen to have 480 CP lying around. (Nebula and Dazzler are both hanging around with 3 covers, but the tables would get flipped even higher if one of them was a required character.)
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Is it possible to purchase Anniversary Vault tokens with HP?  I assume not, but I wanted to ask.

Also, I wanted to say that I'm excited for the anniversary events and prizes.  The double-ISO is super awesome and what I really need right now.  The anniversary vault is very good in terms of density of good prizes.  I'm also very excited about the new alliance raid event, whatever that is.  Anything new is welcome (usually).  Overall, these upcoming 18 days are going to be much better than regular days, so I don't think anyone has any right to complain.  It's like complaining when you don't get everything on your Christmas wish list.  Get over it.  You're still getting gifts.  As for the issue about limited characters, I would rather have a good one than a bad one to chase after.  Sure, it may be frustrating trying to get them, but this game is not built on instant gratification. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess even the devs are giving up on supports now. I not surprised. Time to either make em available or get rid of em. Make a decision please, before all the vets quit.

My honest to God real life reaction to reading this:

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really curious how this Alliance Raid event is going to play out; I worry my super casual alliance will continue to perform poorly lol. But maybe not; maybe it will let us all attack the parts our rosters can support and do better overall?
  • broll
    Options
    bbigler said:
    @Brigby Is it possible to purchase Anniversary Vault tokens with HP?  I assume not, but I wanted to ask.

Typically in the past you could and the vaults were resetable.  I'm hoping that didn't change or what am I gonna do with this 22K HP I've been saving lol.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:

Also, I wanted to say that I'm excited for the anniversary events and prizes.  The double-ISO is super awesome and what I really need right now.  The anniversary vault is very good in terms of density of good prizes.  I'm also very excited about the new alliance raid event, whatever that is.  Anything new is welcome (usually).  Overall, these upcoming 18 days are going to be much better than regular days, so I don't think anyone has any right to complain.  It's like complaining when you don't get everything on your Christmas wish list.  Get over it.  You're still getting gifts.  As for the issue about limited characters, I would rather have a good one than a bad one to chase after.  Sure, it may be frustrating trying to get them, but this game is not built on instant gratification. 
    For the 100 item Anniversary vault you can buy it out with HP just like any other vault, but for the Anniversary store you can only purchase it with CP. Last year I bought out the Anniversary vault and had to reset it in order to be able to open all the tokens I got from PVP, PVE, log in, and Season rewards. It's a good vault. Specially when you spend 9,800 HP for 40 pulls and get the 2,900 HP item in it or the other HP items. You get some good resources and covers from it. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I'm really curious how this Alliance Raid event is going to play out; I worry my super casual alliance will continue to perform poorly lol. But maybe not; maybe it will let us all attack the parts our rosters can support and do better overall?
    I was discussing this with my co-commander yesterday as we have had several players go AWOL but it is a bit hard to come up with a plan to rally them based upon the information to hand. I'm hoping they will show up for Come and Get Me but that may also depend on who the 4* is in Round Rewards.

Hopefully we will get more information soon.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 free token, 1 free 3* cover - I mean, you’re all cheering like this is good.  They did more during antman & wasp release.

Congrats all;  the bar is so low, an essentially normal season with double iso for 2 weeks and an accelerated release schedule passes for a “celebration”

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    XFW, IW Spider-Man, and MEH Hulk as 4* Fan Favorites?....I don't think so
    I'll be honest here, MEH is one of my favorites.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

OK I have no wish to derail this thread/post off topic so apologies in advance but come on now, once again posts are being flagged when the content of them is not in any way offensive. Broll and others are not fans of Supports – we get that (guys we do!) but trying to shut them down by abusing the flagging system is not the right way to argue counter to that.

Agreed.

Also, if someone's posts bothers a reader enough, the forum does have an Ignore List feature.
  • broll
    Options
    1 free token, 1 free 3* cover - I mean, you’re all cheering like this is good.  They did more during antman & wasp release.

Congrats all;  the bar is so low, an essentially normal season with double iso for 2 weeks and an accelerated release schedule passes for a “celebration”

All events during the anniversary will be giving these out.  I'm too lazy to do the math, but it's probably 30 or more tokens if you're doing the events. 

And this is just what they've announced now.  They undoubtedly have more surprises they are holding back so they can keep the hype training going with more announces every few days / once a week.

So far this seems like it could be the best anniversary since I've been playing (3rd, 4th, 5th).  At worse on par with the 3rd.  
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    XFW, IW Spider-Man, and MEH Hulk as 4* Fan Favorites?....I don't think so
    I'll be honest here, MEH is one of my favorites.
    Me too. In fact I have to say I was totally wrong on him - when he first came out I did a thread hoping that the Devs would finally give us a decent Hulk and when I saw his power set I was unimpressed as it so differed from what *I* thought it should be. I was wrong on him though - he is actually enormous fun to play.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:

All events during the anniversary will be giving these out.  I'm too lazy to do the math, but it's probably 30 or more tokens if you're doing the events. 

And this is just what they've announced now.  They undoubtedly have more surprises they are holding back so they can keep the hype training going with more announces every few days / once a week.

So far this seems like it could be the best anniversary since I've been playing (3rd, 4th, 5th).  At worse on par with the 3rd.  
    They have not earned the right for that level of blind faith that there’s more to come.  In fact, nothing about their history says that as we people thought the same thing during IW and how little was done.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I know I voted IW Spidey at some point. He needs to tank to be effective and so I wanted more levels on him. Sorry 5* players! He was also one of the newer characters at the time and so I chose a harder to get character over ones I like more but have at higher levels. 

Re: Hulk 

I like MEH. Every time I update my rankings he climbs. He happens to be my highest level 4 by chance as well.

That said, I don’t think a Hulk will ever be elite or top tier because in order for a Hulk to be Hulk he needs to do huge damage. But for game balance in order to do world breaking damage, his power costs will need to be high. Characters with higher AP costs tend to be mid tier at best. Though there are exceptions. I think Peggy is an exception in the 4* tier and Thor (who self-accelerates) is one in the 5 tier. But without awesome support powers, by and large faster character will be coveted over slower ones. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

They have not earned the right for that level of blind faith that there’s more to come.  In fact, nothing about their history says that as we people thought the same thing during IW and how little was done.  
    We thought there would be more at Christmas, and it never came. People are just setting themselves up for disappointment if they think they'll be 'plenty more to come'. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far the stuff sounds good.  I’m very interested in the new event. 

But I have to agree that a free 3* cover is really not a big deal.   Let’s see....71 4’s with Nebula and Dazzler.  That’s 923 covers to get all of them to 13.  Maybe a 4* cover could be part of the celebration too.

There are 47 3’s in the game, so 611 covers needed there.
  • broll
    edited October 2018
    Options
    broll said:

Blind faith?  It says it in there...

Not sure which you're part you're indicating is blind faith so I'll address both since they're both in there.

Tokens from Events:
    Brigby said:
    • All events during Anniversary Season award Double Iso-8 and Anniversary Vault token
    More to come:
    Brigby said:
    (Please Note: We will be continuously updating this list with more info as the Anniversary progresses.)

~~~~
    • More details to come!
    I'm not one to give out blind faith, especially now.  I've been debating leaving because I don't like the direction the game seems to be going.  I'm just going on what's said in the post.