Please nerf 5* Thor

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I really like both Thor and Daredevil’s 1/2 health mechanics.

I think they represent a good balance between risk and reward.  I have had both of those characters wiped out many times when I took them into PVP matches at 1/2 health.  

Granted, my Thor is level 450 so it is possible that for the mega whales (people with over level 500 Thor) don’t have the same amount of risk in PvP matches.  But that represents an infinitesimally small portion of the player base.

If that is the case, the only nerf that would be needed would be the amount of health that increases past level 450.  

I truly think anything else would be overkill.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Sim Mayor said:
    fmftint said:
    The best strategy for dealing with Thor isn't  bring your own Thor,  until that is the case,  he's fine
    This.

Then again, if Thor were to be nerfed (and I must state with no qualifications that I'm not saying he needs it), why not just say he can only destroy tiles that he does the most damage in? That gets rid of the deliberately weak builds, and makes him tank like the character actually would. That in turn keeps him up front taking damage for a good chunk of the fight, which means people have to heal him more often. Easy nerf.
    That sounds like something in the vein of what I suggested in the OP.  How is that killing him?  It prevents players from using an exploit.
    Exploit? They made two characters that are strongest when at half health. That's a feature of those characters, not an exploit. I'm sure the developers were aware when creating characters that players would use the strongest attributes. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:
    Daiches said:
    Lol at Gambit Nerf not going far enough. He's OML/Phx tier now..
    Remember he hated Gambit because he hated the "French pansy" as he stated in 1 of his 300 NERF GAMBIT threads. He doesn't care about game balance but just to troll everyone else, hence the fake call for THOR NERF. 
    Isn't Gambit actually an American?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difference between Thor and Gambit was Gambit was necessary to play PVP. Thor is strong but is not necessary.  I have said in another thread PvP will be how do you keep Thor 1/2 alive.  The reason why is not the damage he does but the AP he generates.  The problem is if he tanks colors you will go through a ton of health packs.  
    I honestly think 4* marvel PVP was so brutal was more because of 4* marvel and not the Gambit nerf.  With Marvel she also accelerates AP and makes it so you can’t match your strongest color.  Also many players have her at such a high level.  Her black is nasty and is a fortified CD.  I will personally look to see how PVP plays out for 3* PVP to see what the difference is before I call for another nerf.
    for Meta teams I see Okoye Thor being Meta but you will not need to mirror match in order to beat that team especially in 3* PVP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Qubort said:
    Daiches said:
    Remember he hated Gambit because he hated the "French pansy" as he stated in 1 of his 300 NERF GAMBIT threads. He doesn't care about game balance but just to troll everyone else, hence the fake call for THOR NERF. 
    Isn't Gambit actually an American?
    Yes, but when the OP made this exact thread about Gambit a year ago, that's what he called him. He made a big deal how much he hated the character Gambit before even talking about abilites. He has characters fully champed and hates anyone getting new 5s because it might shake his throne. 
    I remember the thread now but didn't remember the thread starter.
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    OP just call for a nerf to all the chars that got covers added because of digital day, gambit store odds bug and cp exploit. It would be faster than another tiresome thread where everyone pushes their agenda while not caring for anything else. In fact sandbox everyone that has a peter parker, dd, gambit and thor above lvl 480.  Keep riding the sucess wave of people selling a 5*.
    On a more serious note thor is fine. Powerfull but very beatable.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    First off Gambit was like having Michael Jordan playing for the high school basketball team. 
    Ironic. Michael Jordon was actually cut from the high school basketball team. And Gambit has been cut from non-essential play. 

Edit:

Should have kept reading. I LOVE this part. I’m a diehard Rockets fan so naturally James is my favorite player. The comparison to MPQ Thor is an apt description. Well done!
    [Thor] is more like a James Harden on a NBA Team against your NBA team.  Sure he is an offensive talent and he wins the leagues MVP, but his defense is not the best, and he chokes during crunch time.

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Qubort said:
    Daiches said:
    Jarvind said:
    This is just a troll post, right? It feels like a troll post. It's a troll post.
    I've been meaning to make an addition to my group of hidden forum users, those that i think are posting troll posts just to be a troll.  It's wonderful.  I highly suggest some in this thread take a similar action, it certainly makes my forum visits these days much more constructive.

Edit: it's the 'ignore' option.  Had to switch to desktop view to find it, couldn't find it on mobile.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I really like Thor ( I don’t even have him champed yet ) but definitely agree a gentle nerf is in order / exploit correction.
    okoye/Thor was already a “ thing “ before gambit baby-nerf and is even more of a cheap annoyance being abused now. 
    They don't know how to do that. Please don't give them any inspiration to try. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I begged and pleaded for them not to nerf Gambit. I thought I had sound arguments in that the complaints died down, his usage was lowering as other GREAT characters were being introduced (Thor, Okoye, Jessica), Thor is a better AP generator than Gambit, and the biggest one... the developers don’t know how to nerf without gutting. I also predicted that once they gutted Gambit, that the “nerf Thor” threads would start just like the “nerf Thanos” threads before Gambit was a thing. 

I was called out for talking out of turn. “You don’t know what you’re talking about since you’re not a 5* player”. I then watched as people who were strongly in the “nerf Gambit” camp were outraged at the level of gutting he endured and are now upset at calls to nerf Thor. All of this could be easily predicted because people don’t understand that there will always be a meta. Nerf Thor, and I promise JessiKoye will be called for next. This isn’t that hard to see. 

As an aside, as a 4* player I use the reverse prologue healing all the time. Mine is only 255 so boosted 4s mostly tank for him and he is an awesome battery for a large variety of characters as the boost list is always changing. 

Thor has drastically cut my PVE time. More than Gambit ever did. Leave him be. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like Thor ( I don’t even have him champed yet ) but definitely agree a gentle nerf is in order / exploit correction.
    okoye/Thor was already a “ thing “ before gambit baby-nerf and is even more of a cheap annoyance being abused now. 
    They don't know how to do that. Please don't give them any inspiration to try. 
    I think a 5-page thread at the top of the forum, with a huge amount of discussion, has already given them all the "inspiration" they needed.  Good job, everyone!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Lol, my comment certainly deserved much less of your attention than some of the other posts on this page. You're not exactly helping the "troll post" allegations.  :D:D
  • entrailbucket
    Qubort said:
    Daiches said:
    "French card dork."  "Pansy" is something my grandfather would use as an insult.  Also, I only made one nerf Gambit thread, and he actually got nerfed.
  • entrailbucket
    I still haven't seen anyone comment on nerfing Thor by removing health packs and starting every match at 100% health.  How would you guys feel about that one?
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I still haven't seen anyone comment on nerfing Thor by removing health packs and starting every match at 100% health.  How would you guys feel about that one?

Just stop.
  • entrailbucket

Just stop.
    So you're against the idea of unlimited free health packs, because it would make it harder to hurt Thor on purpose?
This discussion has been closed.