Please nerf 5* Thor

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur said:
    I use Thor to go against nodes that I know I will take some hits. He was a steady in Wakanda. I actively use his powers as I think they are pretty good. Once he is below 50% I switch teams and like to go scrambled eggs. I like to pair him with MEH, AV, America, Prof, etc. 
    I've seen people pair him thanos
    I've used other shield generators to maximize his yellow
    I play him as he was intended and take total umbrage with your insinuations that we all exploit or cheat to gain advantage. 
    Don't take something away from the rest of the playerbase  Stop it. It's not about SCL9 T10PvP gameplay, make the game better for everybody. Listen to the rest of them when they explain the difference between the reasons why Gambit got nerfed and why Thor does not meet those requirements. It is flimsy motivation to nerf that maybe I think the devs did not intend for it to be used in this way I think maybe happening sometimes.

There was nothing wrong with OML. #FreeGambatt!
    My suggested nerf was for him to only fire the passive if he's below 50% and in front.  How does that ruin him?  How does that take anything away from anyone, besides the players who are hurting him on purpose by retreating?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    EVERY character should only trigger passives...
    If they are in front! 
    What's good for one is good for all.
  • entrailbucket
    Borstock said:
    People act like 5hor is invulnerable when he’s at 50%.  It’s still risky to run a 5* with less than 28k health.  Sometimes you end up having to make a match with him, or you run into an AoE.  
    So you don't lose fights with him on purpose just to hurt him, because it's too risky?
    You don't lose fights on purpose, period. I don't understand why that's even a thing. Who told you that's the only way, or even a good way, to do it?
    What other way are people doing it?  Obviously they're not doing an entire fight, they start the match and then retreat.
    I've literally never done this once.
    Ok, great!  Then the small change I suggested in the OP won't affect you at all.
    Dude, quit trying to twist this into some scenario where everyone should just agree with you.  From the looks of things here, not many people do.  I'm struggling to understand your obviously personal witch hunt or why you think you should get your way, when you're clearly in the minority on this non-issue.
    Personal...witch hunt...against a comic book character?  I assure you that's not the case.  I haven't read many Thor comics but the movies are ok!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    People act like 5hor is invulnerable when he’s at 50%.  It’s still risky to run a 5* with less than 28k health.  Sometimes you end up having to make a match with him, or you run into an AoE.  
    So you don't lose fights with him on purpose just to hurt him, because it's too risky?
    You don't lose fights on purpose, period. I don't understand why that's even a thing. Who told you that's the only way, or even a good way, to do it?
    What other way are people doing it?  Obviously they're not doing an entire fight, they start the match and then retreat.
    Ok, great!  Then the small change I suggested in the OP won't affect you at all.
    Dude, quit trying to twist this into some scenario where everyone should just agree with you.  From the looks of things here, not many people do.  I'm struggling to understand your obviously personal witch hunt or why you think you should get your way, when you're clearly in the minority on this non-issue.
    Personal...witch hunt...against a comic book character?  I assure you that's not the case.  I haven't read many Thor comics but the movies are ok!
    We're in agreement that a personal witch hunt against a comic book character is absurd. But it's an apt description for the way you insist on trying to convince everyone that Thor is busted and needs to be nerfed without even acknowledging the possibility that he might not need nerfing in the first place.

People are willing to have a discussion about it, but nobody wants to hear you preach your gospel.
  • entrailbucket
    JHawkInc said:
    entrailbucket said: hi
    Borstock said:
    We're in agreement that a personal witch hunt against a comic book character is absurd. But it's an apt description for the way you insist on trying to convince everyone that Thor is busted and needs to be nerfed without even acknowledging the possibility that he might not need nerfing in the first place.

People are willing to have a discussion about it, but nobody wants to hear you preach your gospel.
    People aren't willing to have a discussion about it.  Most of the comments about this on Line have been pretty positive.  Most of the comments here have been...not. Again, the suggested fix was pretty small.  If people aren't using reverse prologue healing, why is everyone losing their minds?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I saw this movie where Thor was basically killed by a neutron star. Then he touched his hammer and acted like nothing happened. He should heal back to 100% after every fight. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    entrailbucket said: hi
    Borstock said:

People aren't willing to have a discussion about it.  Most of the comments about this on Line have been pretty positive.  Most of the comments here have been...not. Again, the suggested fix was pretty small.  If people aren't using reverse prologue healing, why is everyone losing their minds?
    YOU aren't willing to have a discussion about it. I already said this once, but you ignored me, and you don't seem to be grasping it now, either.

You keep insisting that the fix is small and not a big deal and that people shouldn't object to it, but you aren't willing to discuss that maybe, just maybe, the fix isn't needed in the first place.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    @entrailbucket your "fix" actually hurts ppl that play him without "exploiting"  that retreating to dmg him. But hey? Here's a proposition that should work for you: passive on one of his skills "As long as Thor is alive you cannot retreat from battles" :)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think he warrants a nerf but I'd have been happy with both him and gambit to have worked as okoye does. Only let them gather AP if tanking. They stay as powerful but only on offence and like okoye, so easily controllable of defence. AP generation like they have/had shouldn't come so easily.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is this even a talking point? Thor is pretty average, while his health is above 50%. Just make sure to take him down to a point between 50-100% where you can down him and he's not a problem at all. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,102 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did all the nerfed Gambit's get massacred by a horde of Thor's or something?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod Mode: On***

I understand people feel passionately about the issue of nerfing a character but please keep comments civil and on topic. If you find that you are not going to reach an agreement or any progress in discussing the issue, I suggest saying your peace and then letting the matter go. If the thread continues to deviate into circular arguments and toxicity then it will be closed.

***Mode Mode: Off**
  • BANK
    BANK Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    How about demiurge remove the retreat penalty instead? OP argues that Thor doesn't need nerfing and only the 'exploit' needs to be fixed :)
This discussion has been closed.