Please nerf 5* Thor

Comments

• dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Thor doesn't need a nerf because he's not ubiquitous like Gambit was.  I use him in my climbs because he makes things a lot faster on offense, and the board shake is just plain fun, but on defense, he's easily defeated.  I don't even use him in pve most times because I prefer Thanos for speed.  Besides, it costs more health packs to play with a 50% health Thor because he will eventually get taken down when he tanks a color.  That balances the advantages of his power - similar to Thanos's Court Death.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    People act like 5hor is invulnerable when he’s at 50%.  It’s still risky to run a 5* with less than 28k health.  Sometimes you end up having to make a match with him, or you run into an AoE.  
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    People act like 5hor is invulnerable when he’s at 50%.  It’s still risky to run a 5* with less than 28k health.  Sometimes you end up having to make a match with him, or you run into an AoE.  
    So you don't lose fights with him on purpose just to hurt him, because it's too risky?
  • entrailbucket
    Here's a good fix for Thor's passive being exploited: get rid of health packs.  Everyone restores to full health after every match.  It'd be a catastrophic nerf to him, and I'm sure everyone would hate it, right?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    So you don't lose fights with him on purpose just to hurt him, because it's too risky?
    You don't lose fights on purpose, period. I don't understand why that's even a thing. Who told you that's the only way, or even a good way, to do it?
  • entrailbucket
    Borstock said:
    You don't lose fights on purpose, period. I don't understand why that's even a thing. Who told you that's the only way, or even a good way, to do it?
    What other way are people doing it?  Obviously they're not doing an entire fight, they start the match and then retreat.
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Just the very thing I was musing on myself with regards to Thor.

I suggest putting him on a repeater that goes off every 2 turns regardless of health. He’s earth’s mightiest so smashing is his thing.

add some unreliability to him and halving his AP gain but letting him do his thing would be in my mind the perfect way.

#StopThorBleeding
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I always run full health Thor until he's 50% or less. He still helps win even at full health. You're " exploit" is just a strawman. No champed Thor, I take it.

#nerftheguysthatIdon'thavechamped.

I'm pushing for JJ next. Those trap tiles are way over-powered. Then Okoye cause she makes everyone better and deals way too much match damage and a massive healing ability.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Gambit's body hasn't even cooled from the firey nerf he suffered, and already the newbies are calling for more.

Attrition at the top end is already reaching alarming levels. The number of scl9 PvP brackets filled each event is decreasing. @The rockett has statistics from several seasons showing the ongoing decline in players.

Some of it is natural, but I'm willing to bet a fair amount is the frustration at decisions made  - that affect the 5* players - by people who have no clue what they're talking about.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker

I think it's funny that everyone's response is "no more nerfs" and no one has actually addressed how much fun it is to lose a bunch of fights on purpose every time you have to heal a character.
    About as much fun to spend LITERAL months building up a character to usable levels, in some cases spending LITERAL thousands of dollars, only to have someone on the forums call "nerf that", and the devs listen?

About that much fun you say...?

hmm...

• Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    What other way are people doing it?  Obviously they're not doing an entire fight, they start the match and then retreat.
    I've literally never done this once.
  • entrailbucket
    alaeth said:
    Gambit's body hasn't even cooled from the firey nerf he suffered, and already the newbies are calling for more.

Attrition at the top end is already reaching alarming levels. The number of scl9 PvP brackets filled each event is decreasing. @The rockett has statistics from several seasons showing the ongoing decline in players.

Some of it is natural, but I'm willing to bet a fair amount is the frustration at decisions made  - that affect the 5* players - by people who have no clue what they're talking about.
    Newbies?  I'm day 1736 with 6 characters at 500 or above.  I guess colog and llohm are also newbies?
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    How about the author of this post just gets better at the game instead of complaining about what they perceive to be the best character and said characters flaws/exploits. There will always be a best character there will always be exploits.  Get better at the game and it won’t matter. Any PVP team can be beaten with a halfway decent roster and a player with some skill. Geez. 
  • entrailbucket
    smkspy said:
    I always run full health Thor until he's 50% or less. He still helps win even at full health. You're " exploit" is just a strawman. No champed Thor, I take it.

#nerftheguysthatIdon'thavechamped.

I'm pushing for JJ next. Those trap tiles are way over-powered. Then Okoye cause she makes everyone better and deals way too much match damage and a massive healing ability.
    I have Thor at level 462.  At that low a level he's not really usable in PvP though, so I don't use him unless he's a PvE essential.

And that strawman is how nearly all of the players I talk to use Thor.  They frequently retreat him back to 50% every time he dies/needs to be healed.
  • entrailbucket
    rdvargas1 said:
    How about the author of this post just gets better at the game instead of complaining about what they perceive to be the best character and said characters flaws/exploits. There will always be a best character there will always be exploits.  Get better at the game and it won’t matter. Any PVP team can be beaten with a halfway decent roster and a player with some skill. Geez. 
    Where did I say I had trouble beating Thor?  The majority of the players using him have him at barely 450, he dies in like 2 seconds.  The 550 ones take a little longer but I don't usually have trouble beating them either.  I'm just pointing out an exploit people are using, that the devs should address.
  • entrailbucket
    alaeth said:
    entrailbucket said:

I'm just pointing out an exploit people are using, that the devs should address.

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you insist on referring to using the in-game mechanics as an "exploit", you are in error, and I will continue to call you a newbie.

You can disagree with the mechanic, and ask for a change, but stop calling it an exploit.
    I think that's exactly what I've been doing, so I'm glad to know it's allowed.  As far as the semantics: was prologue healing an exploit?  By your definition it was merely an in game mechanic, but I think the devs (and a lot of players) classified it as an exploit.
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    alaeth said:
    entrailbucket said:

I'm just pointing out an exploit people are using, that the devs should address.

You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

If you insist on referring to using the in-game mechanics as an "exploit", you are in error, and I will continue to call you a newbie.

You can disagree with the mechanic, and ask for a change, but stop calling it an exploit.
    I agree with this sentiment and don't see the problem if ppl choose to run 5Thor this way as it only effects him on offense. Plus I don't see why the devs would want to change this mechanic as it pushes folks to use their in game resources (in this case health packs) which may put them in a spot to perhaps need to buy more (which makes them use hero points and potentially Buy some). Every game needs a "resource sink" to pull ppl towards purchasing...its just smart business

I think it's funny that everyone's response is "no more nerfs" and no one has actually addressed how much fun it is to lose a bunch of fights on purpose every time you have to heal a character 
    Fun?! I think that's subjective and frankly irrelevant. If you don't wanna do it, then don't. No one is making you and judging by the other posts throughout this thread it seems that there are plenty of other quick team options. 

• entrailbucket
    Borstock said:
    I've literally never done this once.
    Ok, great!  Then the small change I suggested in the OP won't affect you at all.
This discussion has been closed.