Share Your Experience Of The New Hybrid PVP Here

123457»

Comments

• KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    I'm finding 40 doable. I just wish I didn't have to spend so long skipping to find teams that don't have anywhere between 2x and 4x the health of mine.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    jredd said:
    20 wins for 1200 points in the wasp event
    16 for 900 in she hulk

75 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much for final progression.
    If you can get 1200, 75 wins is not for you.
    It's to give smaller rosters a fighting chance, like before they killed Cupcakes.
    Compare it to tapping. If you invest enough time, you can get a greater reward than your roster is supposed to achieve.
    But in contrast to tapping (and pure win-based), this system doesn't take that reward away from anyone else.

For me, hitting 900 and hitting 40 wins are about the same amount of effort (the details of that effort differ, but what I have to put in overall is about the same), but 1200 is completely out of my league, while 75 wins is a slog, but doable.
    Yeah and just cause you can get 1200 doesn't mean you can’t play wins if you like that better.  Options are good for everyone. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Even if I wanted to get 75 wins I’d have to tank to do it, would never make it organically.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    broll said:
    Daiches said:
    jredd said:
    16 for 900 in she hulk

It's to give smaller rosters a fighting chance, like before they killed Cupcakes.
    Compare it to tapping. If you invest enough time, you can get a greater reward than your roster is supposed to achieve.
    But in contrast to tapping (and pure win-based), this system doesn't take that reward away from anyone else.

For me, hitting 900 and hitting 40 wins are about the same amount of effort (the details of that effort differ, but what I have to put in overall is about the same), but 1200 is completely out of my league, while 75 wins is a slog, but doable.
    Yeah and just cause you can get 1200 doesn't mean you can’t play wins if you like that better.  Options are good for everyone. 
    The only downside to this is that if you care about season placement at all, you're at a heavy disadvantage playing wins-only.  You're going to come out ahead on HP and ISO that way, but way behind on RL time. 
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Century said:
    29 wins, 948 in S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator. 
    Update - managed to hit 40 wins in First Avenger, and not only was it worth the effort, but I actually enjoyed it, and fully plan to work PvP into my play routine now. No clue if I'll be able to replicate those results in Half-Inch Hero, since I have 3* Cap champed, and only a single cover on Ant-Man, but we'll see. 
  • broll
    broll said:
    Daiches said:
    jredd said:
    16 for 900 in she hulk

The only downside to this is that if you care about season placement at all, you're at a heavy disadvantage playing wins-only.  You're going to come out ahead on HP and ISO that way, but way behind on RL time. 
    If you care about any PvP placement at all, wins based isn't the way to go.  For sure.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    With OML and Phoenix being my only Level 450+ 5*s, my main issue remain unchanged - so many OP 5* combos (at least Gambit was replaced by others).
    Dont want to start whinning post here, but PvP is 5* land is time consuming, and due to lack of useful 5*s (or 4* that could compete with 5*s), i am very limited by heals at my disposal.

There are 5 nodes in PvP ****... why cant we have one node for one rarity (one node for 2*s only, for 3*s, for 4*s for 5*s and one node without rarity restriction).
    I would like to use my 3*s or even 4*s in PvP, but try to march with team of 3*s against team of 5*s :dizzy:
    Come on, it is fair and ballanced. 
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I'd actually love to have nodes for specific rarities. Perhaps you could use any tier lower than the specified one for that node as well, just to keep options open for cross-tiered teams. 
  • broll
    Still hitting 75 everytime.  Finished Heavy Metal.

An interesting unexpected benefit (or negative based on your pov) is I'm getting a lot more Bagman covers.  I've gotten 6 since wins based started.  He's at 142 now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    I've gotten more Bagman as well, but i'm still playing PVP the way I always did. But a few of the events have been so brutal due to boost synergy (or lack thereof) that I've either gone to 40 or hit 900 at 39 wins, so i'm likely playing more than I was. I really like the tally of wins being displayed; I wish i had a loss tally also to see how many total matches I was playing. In this new system, I find i'm generally my own worst enemy by choosing not to heal to conserve heatlth and picking a team I could beat at full health but not with a half-dead ringer.
  • broll
    I hit max on Simulator today.  I was trying to do it by wins, but hit 2000 on win 41.   :open_mouth:

Also 2 more Bagmen 142.  I can smell LT in the air!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am typically hitting 1200 in my slice and placing T25 with about the same amount of shielding.

I do wish I could see how many wins I had after the fact, but I am not sure how many it took for Heavy Metal. Maybe ~40.

I think I've only done maybe 2 Sim matches so far, so might start hitting that a little just to nab the cover and then let it sit until the next week.

Overall, I've been unaffected by the change except to see a couple people doing more floating/unshielded and I'm not totally sure why when I check their rosters, but I assume it's working out for them, so who knows.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    broll said:

An interesting unexpected benefit (or negative based on your pov) is I'm getting a lot more Bagman covers.  I've gotten 6 since wins based started.  He's at 142 now.
    Yes, I've noticed that too.

jackstar0 said:

Overall, I've been unaffected by the change except to see a couple people doing more floating/unshielded and I'm not totally sure why when I check their rosters, but I assume it's working out for them, so who knows.
    I don't bother shielding. I go for 40, get the 4* cover, and then don't care. I don't place high enough to earn that HP back, and don't make enough to spend it shielding.