Share Your Experience Of The New Hybrid PVP Here

Comments

• Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I hit 900 points exactly with 39 wins just now, and with four hours left in my slice I am done. I seem to be right in the middle of the curve on whatever model they based the point:win ratio on.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

1225 in 27W.  Only #d after 1200, seemed to be more randoms around which added to points which was nice.  Off-Season so not pushing to climb higher.

Other than there being a few more names around, didn't notice any difference, but then as someone who was already reaching 1.2 regularly this change is not for my benefit.  I can appreciate it being in place for those who need a helping hand. 

I couldn't imagine playing to 75W in 5* land as some have posted, can't quite see how the time commitment could be justified compared to a few shields. 

• Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Only took me 26 wins to hit 1200. I’ll take a hard pass on 75. In addition, the 25 wins to get from 1000 to 1200 is laughable. With speed & coordination, I can get there with three 75 pt matches. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's fine, I guess. It hasn't changed anything for me, but it's cool that people with weaker rosters actually have a way to get the full progression rewards now.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    I’m in 4* land, so I usually hit 900 and stop. This time, I decided to try for 1200. I managed to reach 1216 with 28 wins. I haven’t tried before since I usually start getting hit at 900+. So I can’t say whether it happened because of this new hybrid system (more people playing), lucky timing, it being the off-season, etc. Still, it was cool to reach 1200 for the first time ever.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been either roughly equal to where I would have been in Points Based, or ahead of it. I haven't hit anything based on Points without also hitting that checkpoint in Wins. Just about to go play a last couple of matches for the Rulk cover.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never did any more PvP after hitting 75 wins with 24 hours to go. Only dropped to 367 and got the predicted T200.

I find this is a very nice improvement for lower level players and advanced players who don’t care about placement and joy spending time ACTUALLY PLAYING the game. 

That being said wins aren’t created equal. The wins is better for lower rosters because it’s easier to find weaker teams and because there matches are shirter and less challenging. If you were to improve the idea further instead of wins make placement also points, but points that never subtract.  To make that work and it not be too easy progression points would probably need to raise higher. 

I also find it odd that 75 wins in Sim a 28 day event (2000 points) is considered equal to 75 wins in a 2.5 day event (1200 points). One of these win counts is clearly wrong. I would lean towards the 2.5 day. 

All this his said thank you for win based. This will likely be my plan moving forward. While I’d like to see some of tweaks above this is certainly good enough to satisfy me. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    1334 and 75 wins.  Dunno what the fuss is about.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    900 pts in 37 wins. More than I've gotten since champing my first 5*. I noticed it didn't get hit as much as I had been this past season (I'd regularly get hit even with my score less than 100 pts), which was nice, but I'm not going to celebrate just yet since this is an off season event.

Still, so far this is the most enjoyable PvP has been in some time. Wouldn't mind a tweak or two like opening MMR or lower 75 wins, but I'm going to look a gift horse in the mouth. 
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    I win 5-7 fights depending on healthpacks, let people beat me back down 150 points, hit the easy retals that are worth under 38 pts (to possibly give point progression players a juicy retal) rinse and repeat.  40 wins was a bit more playing than I wanted, but not worrying about shields or climbing time was nice.  Also, whenever I came back to climb...err...get wins, I continuously found a wide array of opponents to pick from (not a ton of Gambit or Thor) and was able to change up my team to counter my opponent if I wasn't in a hurry.  Ended up ~750 points and 40 wins.  Shielded with 22 hrs left and ended up with a couple Dr Strange covers for placement.  We will see how it goes when the season starts.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    75 wins for a 5* roster is DRAMATICALLY HARDER for 4* PvP. Only at 32 with 1.5 days left. Not sure I’m gonna be able to make it to 75. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    912 points in 20 wins on the Mystique event without using a single shield. I'm pretty sure that was an aberration, though (900 points w/o shielding once is pretty unheard of for me).
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    broll said:
    75 wins for a 5* roster is DRAMATICALLY HARDER for 4* PvP. Only at 32 with 1.5 days left. Not sure I’m gonna be able to make it to 75. 
    I'm trying this out with the DP event. I'm about 20 in leaving Stormneto as my defense to hopefully draw out hits to play through tonight.

The number of people hitting me with Champed 4*s and even 5*s... c'mon guys, you see a high scoring 2* team in your queue and you don't question it for a moment? Yeesh. Now I have to hit you back as punishment!
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Mystique event I joined 1.7 in last 4h, ran up ~1300 in around 25 wins (despite a few hits) and shielded out.

Triying to have fun in Deadpool event.  Have hit 900 in 20 wins despite very few 70+ point matches and am absolutely bored out of my mind despite being part of a free for all with an old alliance.  Can't see me ever hitting 75 wins, although I appreciate this isn't really aimed at 5* players.

Have to say that Deadpool being the essential and having a strong 4* boosted list have had an effect on this.  Perhaps it would be more fun with a less cumbersome essential and without Medusa in particular being in nearly all my non 5* fights.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    NotBAMF said:
    912 points in 20 wins on the Mystique event without using a single shield. I'm pretty sure that was an aberration, though (900 points w/o shielding once is pretty unheard of for me).
    No, it was what happens when people in your tier actually decide to play and climb instead of stopping at 575. This has been the message we've spread well before and during initial wins pvp season. Death of cupcakes and introduction of 575 cp killed progress to 900 for smaller rosters due to lack of targets. Now they have a reason to play and hit again, so scores naturally climb higher and somdoes your float point.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It depends on who you're up against. That was always the issue with one form or the other: Each is better for a different chunk of the player base. I just got my 10 CP without using anyone higher level than the Loaner 4Pool. Trying doing that purely by points ;)
  • DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I used to greatly dislike PVP. I couldn't get far in progression since when I'd be playing a a game once I was done I'd actually end up with less points because the points I lost from others beating me was almost always higher than the points I just won. So no matter how many fights I won I'd end up only getting the first few progression rewards. 

But now no matter how many points I lose, all my wins count. I won't always get too far since other players teams are more powerful but I can still get a lot farther than I did before. I got all but the last few progression rewards for Mystique's tournament so that was awesome. 

Definitely a great change. 

I just wish I could turn off the pop-up telling me I've been attacked. It gets annoying and was the other reason I didn't like PVP. And playing PVP more often means I'll have to see it more. :/
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried by best to bring on the hits, but by and large I just wasn't getting hit enough. So after a bit I just decided to climb and am now just over 1100 with 49 Wins. I figure I'll get to 1200 well under 60 wins and with probably more than a day to go. I really did try though, but there just wasn't enough to hit early on and I got impatient waiting for more people to join the event.

I will say that the defensive wins I got with 2* Stormneto and the loaner DP did make my chuckle.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fooled around a bit in Xfool, so a few more wins than in Mystique.

1225 in 29 wins.

Condolences to anyone going for 75.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went in to Winsome, Lose Some and got stomped because my 1/5/5 W4sp has no levels on her and I tried to use a ridiculous team of Coulson/Wasp/Hawk3y3 against somebody with a Nico/Wasp (champ)/4ocket team. I'll give it a more serious attempt once i have a better health situation later.