Share Your Experience Of The New Hybrid PVP Here

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Entered the event, played 4 matches, fell asleep during the 5th one.

So far, so good!  ;)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    1207 in 48 wins. But I frontran the first 3 hours hitting sub-20, sub-10 point targets up to 973, 40 wins and first # (took about 130 points in red node losses during), while only using 4stars for fun. The result is heavily skewed upwards on number of matches played due to this style of play.

• Liftoff
    Liftoff Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Slice 1.8

took 23 wins to hit 900 even and that included four or five losses incurred
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got up to 923 and shielded to the end in 20 wins.  Would have been 19, but got hit during the fight that would have taken me over 900 so had to play one more (was 897 so just about anything with points was a target.)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Update. 1,011 Points in 31 Wins. First time ever getting to 1K points in the 329 days I have been playing MPQ. I'm quitting while I'm ahead. Shielded and have 10 hrs left in my slice in SCL 9. So far I like the new system. For some reason there are more points to go around. I'm a 4* player and the only thing that got boring was the lack of diverse teams once I hit Top 20 or 800+ points. The only teams I could see were Champ Boosted Medusa, Blade, or Gamora. It worked out in the end, but had to waste a lot of ISO on skipping.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    58 wins, 878 points...  75 wins is way too high.

CL7, slice 1.  I woke up with 572 pts, 50 wins, ranked 113th.  My matchups were kinda crazy for my level.  Matchups should be points based, not wins based.  I was able to skip and find some beatable ones, but ended up taking on soft capped 5*s and some monster 4s.  Once I got back into the top 50 I wasn't even sure i'd find a beatable matchup.

I could drop points yet again and try to get some matchups, but I need the Strange covers.  I'm still 17 wins away and not sure if it's worth the risk.

Overall, love the concept.  Matchmaking and the 75 wins the only things I would adjust.

• AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I just entered the 5* realm by champing JJ and Okoye. Currently, this change seems incredibly positive for me. My points totals are down, but I can still get wins for progression rewards. In Identity Theft, I'm at 505 points with 26 wins currently. Also, I don't really feel any need to spend HP on shields for PVP anymore. I imagine that when the new season starts, my overall placement will be significantly lower than normal until I can get a few other good 5*s champed. That'll be awhile. 
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Got to 1100ish points in about 28 wins. Didn't bother shielding and got knocked back down overnight. Got to 1200+ in 42 wins. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Hit just over 900 points in 21 matches, dropped a shield and im content with that. Play style was exactly the same as before the change. Overall I'm happy they've implemented this hybrid system but tend to agree with what seems like most ppl posting here that 75wins is A LOT. But honestly, I wasn't hitting 1200pts for the cp anyway so its nice to have an alternative method to get there if the need arises. It also seems that this hybrid system may have opened up more opportunities to battle teams that aren't super difficult as less ppl are shielding as well as folks putting out lesser teams to bait retals. My overall experience: So far, so good 😊 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    So i walked away from Identity Theft right after hitting 900 on day 1. There are 13hrs or so remaining, and I've been knocked down to 455 points. This seems like a lower than usual floating point for me - usually i get knocked down to the high 500s after hitting 900. I don't actively chase placement, and I've noticed that I have something of a mental block to going back in to it now for some reason. Maybe if it was an on-season event and I was trying to get my 10-pack faster I would, hard to say.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Got to 933 after 31 wins, which is a first for me. Hard to say after (not even) only one event if that's a change in my behavior, or a change in everyone else's behavior, or just off-season behavior (or a combination, which is my guess). Not complaining either way; 9 more matches for a 4* cover would have been fine with me. Still 22 hours to go. I probably won't push for the CP.

Also, getting way more defensive wins than I'd have thought. (ie, any)
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    21 wins to 900, it could have been less but I decided I wasn't going to skip any targets and not pay attention to the points.
    75 wins to 15cp is insane, if anyone tries to do that for a whole season they will burn out hard
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    21 wins to 900, it could have been less but I decided I wasn't going to skip any targets and not pay attention to the points.
    75 wins to 15cp is insane, if anyone tries to do that for a whole season they will burn out hard
    It's not for you. It's for the seals that didn't stand a chance at even getting 900. The same way tapping allowed people with too much time to get rewards out of their normal reach.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    1258 points in 23 wins for identity theft.  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I don't mind it. It was fun because I was trying to get creative with the teams I used. I joined early and just hit folks trying to start a retal war of back and forth going with anyone who would engage. Eventually I hit 901/40 wins without even realizing. Later in the event, I climbed up to 1200+/53 wins and decided to just shield out. I think it's most likely that I'll hit 1200 points way before 75 wins. I'm good with that. I know some alliance mates that started late and hit 1200 in about 20-25 matches and no shields used. It's off season so everyone is probably taking it easier than usual: front runners, grillers, climbers and snipers alike
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    15xx in 35 wins for identity theft.  Keeping the CP in progression and out of placement really makes this event more enjoyable vs the grind fest of having to make T10 to get the same rewards as just 1200
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    evade420 said:
    Agree.  I play alot, but if I try to hit 75 wins every event i'll be toast.  Or, i'll have to give up playing PVE.

40 for the guarantee 4* is nice.  I've been just missing the 4* progression and 40 really isn't that bad.  It's 4x 10 win sessions.

40/50/60 for the final awards makes sense.  And my guess is after seeing almost nobody hitting even 60 wins they might make that change.

I've got 58 wins and that's the most i've seen thus far on the forum.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    1221 points / 22 wins in Identity Theft 
    If I had to win 75 matches, I’d give up PVP...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I planned to keep playing past 75 wins, but life got in the way.  Looks like I'll float the rest of the way down and place wherever I place.  Still looking like T200 which is fine with me.  As long as I can keep this up during the seasons I have a new way to play.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I like that they've changed the structure for some smaller rosters who have a hard time getting to even 900 but for me this changes nothing. I'm usually a get to 1k and stop kind of a guy and still am.  1200 is a bit out of my rosters capability (especially since I won't use line) and 75 wins is way too much. I got to a little over 1k in 25 wins and I'm good with that.