New Feature - Saved Covers *Updated (6/19/18)

Options

Comments

• AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is this going to replace cover exchange for latest 5* characters or might that still be a service offered? 
    This is a VERY important question that I believe needs answering. 
    Turns out it will. Boo to this.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What will be done about token dilution @Brigby?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Brigby said:
    So it is a 5 cover for 1 cover ratio?  Is that correct? Brigby
    5 saved covers are converted into 1 usable cover. Correct. If you are saving covers, then manage to pull the last cover you need, then those saved covers will each become Champion levels, once you Champion the character.
    @Brigby so you are saying that ALL cover willl be converted into champ levels once you champ them? 

So my 8/0/7 IM46, I pull 15 more red and yellow covers, those could be converted into blue.  Then once I change IM46 to 450 he would be 465?  Is that right?  
    You're saying 5/0/5 with 5 extra covers, then another 15, so 20 total. So you'd save the first 5, go 5/1/5, get 5 more, etc etc. You'd end up with a 5/3/5 character and still have 5 covers in the bank. You can't Save covers on a 13 cover character, so not quite.
    So my 5/0/5 Im46, get 5 not blue they become 1 blue 
    5/1/5. Get 5 more not blue then get 1 blue 
    5/2/5. Get 5 more not blue get 1 blue.  
    5/3/5. 

The question is do those 15 wasted covers become champ levels?   So if I would Champ at 450 it would become 465?  Or if you are switching the 5:1 covers they are gone?  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are “gone”. Turned into those 3 other covers.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    To me reads if you have 4 saved and then pull the 13th cover you need, the saved 4 are the ones auto converted to champ levels. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    IceIX said:
    Brigby said:
    5 saved covers are converted into 1 usable cover. Correct. If you are saving covers, then manage to pull the last cover you need, then those saved covers will each become Champion levels, once you Champion the character.
    Brigby so you are saying that ALL cover willl be converted into champ levels once you champ them? 

So my 8/0/7 IM46, I pull 15 more red and yellow covers, those could be converted into blue.  Then once I change IM46 to 450 he would be 465?  Is that right?  
    You're saying 5/0/5 with 5 extra covers, then another 15, so 20 total. So you'd save the first 5, go 5/1/5, get 5 more, etc etc. You'd end up with a 5/3/5 character and still have 5 covers in the bank. You can't Save covers on a 13 cover character, so not quite.
    5/3/5. 

The question is do those 15 wasted covers become champ levels?   So if I would Champ at 450 it would become 465?  Or if you are switching the 5:1 covers they are gone?  
    You are converting 5 unusable covers into 1 usable cover. They do not become Champion levels after the character is Championed. The only exception is, for example, the following:

5/2/5. You save 3 covers. You pull 0/1/0. It is now a 5/3/5 with 3 saved covers. Champion the character. Now it's 453
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Any chance of retroactively saving an unusable cover that was rostered in a duplicate slot? For example, my Surfer is 3/5/2 and I had an extra red that I roster in hopes of a better use for an unusable 5* than 2000 iso. Can that extra by any chance be saved to the main Surfer?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    IceIX said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby so you are saying that ALL cover willl be converted into champ levels once you champ them? 

5/3/5. 

You are converting 5 unusable covers into 1 usable cover. They do not become Champion levels after the character is Championed. The only exception is, for example, the following:

5/2/5. You save 3 covers. You pull 0/1/0. It is now a 5/3/5 with 3 saved covers. Champion the character. Now it's 453
    Thanks for clearing this up and it is as bad as I thought.  A 5:1 ratio.  Terrible.  Like this idea of saved covers but this is nuts. 

Now will you show some good will to the players and if they have a dupe built( example I have a 479 PHX with a 4/0/1 dupe) will you turn those into champ levels?  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hope the developers will consider lowering the ratio to a 3:1. 5 Epic covers burned down to 1 power is a lot. Still a relatively positive change since it applies to all characters outside of Latest as well. Cover Exchange ending is the unfortunate, but expected, consequence.

EDIT: Idea below me about ratio based on rarity sounds good.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Forgive me if it's been asked but,  why not just make a system that DOESN'T GIVE UNUSABLE REWARDS? 

Why the save and trade 5 cover dog and pony show
    I agree...this whole thing comes across as needlessly complex especially from the perspective of people who are newer to the game.   You'd think if they were going to go to all this trouble they'd just make colorless covers and simplify the game.

Having said that...I can't deny that this is a straight up improvement for a lot of the player base.   I'm sure only a tiny tiny fraction were ever even aware of latest swaps and this is a feature that applies to 2*, 3* and 4*'s.

So as much as I feel like complaining....its ultimately an improvement for the masses.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options

Interesting set of decisions to be made with your 5/5/0 character, depending on how new covers fall.

Edit: never mind, you can save both colour covers, regardless, not be limited to a single one.  I guess.

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a QoL improvement, but man 5:1 is rough at the 4 & 5* tiers.  5* especially.