New Feature - Saved Covers *Updated (6/19/18)

Options

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    gmtosca said:
    I have 6 covers about to expire in an hour.  Was I mistaken to assume that the Save Covers feature would have been live by now?
    It's live on Android.  Just updated the app a few mins ago...
    I use Android and it's not up for me. I have refreshed the Updates available tab and everything. You must of gotten lucky. 

Forget it. Updated.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

"In general, this new system means that you'll have about 17 (5/5/2 + 5 extra,) pulls to cover a character - theoretically, it can be as low as 15 (5/5/0 + 5 extra) but that's pretty unlikely.   I think.some of the people with good RNG simulators can figure that out, but I strongly suspect the chance of not covering a character before you're forced to swap 5:1 is really, really low.  I also strongly suspect that one 5:1 trade will cover most of the remaining possibilities, while the chance of needing three 5:1 trades is probably infinitesimal - you're literally pulling 27 covers of the character without pulling a single one of that last color"

My 11/9/0 OML begs to differ. That's 20 covers without a red.  If I had been able to save them and pay the exorbitant exchange of 5:1 (which is better than the miniscule amount of ISO I received), I would still not be able to champ him with any champ levels for 2-6 more pulls.  He is still looking rather silly at 5/5/0.  This mechanism is at least better in that you can actually spend something and get a red cover without having one, but it is still not a good exchange rate for a 5*. 

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got a 5/5/3 Venom and a Yellow cover on the vine(i.e the skill with 3 covers) yet I am only getting Train instead of Save. Anyone can figure out how to save covers in this sort of situations?? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    metallion said:
    Got a 5/5/3 Venom and a Yellow cover on the vine(i.e the skill with 3 covers) yet I am only getting Train instead of Save. Anyone can figure out how to save covers in this sort of situations?? 
    It doesn't work if you have 13 covers.  Only way to save is to champ and apply as a champ reward.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    metallion said:
    Same issue here. Even at 13 covers, if you get a cover in a color that is not at 5, it will only let you train instead of save. This does not appear to be intended based on the info in this thread. @Brigby @IceIX, any help?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    bigsmooth said:
    metallion said:
    Same issue here. Even at 13 covers, if you get a cover in a color that is not at 5, it will only let you train instead of save. This does not appear to be intended based on the info in this thread. @Brigby @IceIX, any help?
    It is intended. It even says it in the second line of the Details part of this thread: " 

Details:

• Available only for 2-Star characters and higher.
    • Covers can be saved on non-Champion characters, who have less than 13 total covers. "
    It was stated by Brigby in this thread as well. It only lets you save if the character has less than 13 covers applied. Trust me that is the best way I would of used it too. Getting the ISO to cover 4*'s is my biggest challenge and being able to save those extra covers while I get enough Iso to champ them would of been awesome. That is not happening though. 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I can see how this change can frustrate the hardcore top tier players because 5* are so hard to come by if you don't spend on the HfH and buy out vaults. Getting 5 5* unusable covers just to turn it into 1 cover is a big time hassle.

But for me, a pretty casual player with only half of the 4* characters champed and feeling the ISO crunch, this is a life saver. I JUST had to sell Lockjaw and Falcap covers because they died on the vine. If I had this feature last week, I'd still have them.

So overall, I think this is finally one feature that will benefit the many while causing the few some big headaches, unlike supports, which, I'm still not sure if that'll ever be "fun" for anybody.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saved a yellow cover for my 2/2/5 Blonde Widow that was expiring in about nine hours. When she went to 0/2/5 by the end of her release event, I was resigned to the fact that I would probably be selling several of her yellow covers before I got her fully covered. This was the first extra yellow I had drawn, so that's at least one cover that won't be wasted. 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    BOO YOU CAN'T SAVE COVERS IF YOU ARE LACKING ISO BOO

THIS IS THE MOST DISAPPOINTING THING TO HAPPEN TO ME TODAY. SO FAR.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nabistay said:

What?  How does ISO factor in at all?  Are you sure it's not that the ones you tried were already at 13 covers?
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Stir waiting on iOS. That sound you my be hearing are my covers dying on the vine.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stir waiting on iOS. That sound you my be hearing are my covers dying on the vine.
    iOS update has been live for 3 hours.
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Odd. Refreshed 3 times by closing the App Store and still no mpq update for me (EST). Guess that’s what I get for being born under a bad sign.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Nabistay said:

What?  How does ISO factor in at all?  Are you sure it's not that the ones you tried were already at 13 covers?
    Must be, because I have no idea what he's talking about otherwise. I just saved a 4* Gamora cover and two 2* Storm covers, and ISO had nothing to do with the process whatsoever.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Odd. Refreshed 3 times by closing the App Store and still no mpq update for me (EST). Guess that’s what I get for being born under a bad sign.
    You have to swipe down the app store screen to see it if it's too recent.  Closing the app doesn't refresh it.  It's a really dumb change they made with iOS 11.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Nabistay said:

Must be, because I have no idea what he's talking about otherwise. I just saved a 4* Gamora cover and two 2* Storm covers, and ISO had nothing to do with the process whatsoever.
    Not sure why you don’t understand. The translation is “I don’t have 500K ISO to spare on my 13 cover Epic to max and Champ, and can’t save cover 14 because cover saving only works when the character is 12 covers and lower. Boo.” Or Doc Oct is at 13 and I really don’t want to spend ISO on him. Something like that.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    bigsmooth said:
    metallion said:
    It is intended. It even says it in the second line of the Details part of this thread: " 

Details:

• Available only for 2-Star characters and higher.
    • Covers can be saved on non-Champion characters, who have less than 13 total covers. "
    It was stated by Brigby in this thread as well. It only lets you save if the character has less than 13 covers applied. Trust me that is the best way I would of used it too. Getting the ISO to cover 4*'s is my biggest challenge and being able to save those extra covers while I get enough Iso to champ them would of been awesome. That is not happening though. 
    Thank you, I was misreading the original post. My mistake.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

I guess I'll get to see the new system someday, oh well, good problem to have!  :D

I have 3 4*s who are waiting on iso at 13 covers. Of the two legendary pulls i've done today, i got a Spider-Woman (one of the 3), and an Okoye (i could use), so i'm 50/50 lol.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knowing I can keep JJ as my BH if I don't pull #13 before she's out (and not get punished with an unusable cover) is a comfort to me. If I somehow get 6 unusable in a row, then I might complain anyways, but I suspect the chances are small, so this should be a net positive.