Happy thread

Options

Comments

• Magagumo
    Magagumo Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    nice pulls Froggy! Yea I've pulled 4 mythics (2 1000-year storms... it's a sign) from 15 GRN packs ... been wondering about the drop rates :)
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a nice initial haul from my spending spree on Drop Day:

Sunforger
    Glimpse the Unthinkable

Trostani Discordant
    Tajic, Legion's Edge
    Underrealm Lich
    Charnel Troll
    Izoni, Thousand-Eyed
    Chance for Glory
    Hatchery Spider
    Lazav, the Multifarious
    Emmara, Soul of the Accord
    March of the Multitudes

As if that weren't enough, I also pulled Gruesome Menagerie from the progression booster for today's Rising Tensions!

Now I just gotta get my hands on Stitch in Time and I'll be (mostly) satisfied...
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a really silly little thing, but using Yargle as one of my "creatures with toughness 3 or less" for the secondary objective in Rising Tensions makes me irrationally happy.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    This is a really silly little thing, but using Yargle as one of my "creatures with toughness 3 or less" for the secondary objective in Rising Tensions makes me irrationally happy.
    No offense, but using Yargle at literally any time and any place (including paper MTG) will make anyone irrationally happy.  He's the best, man.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
     He's the best, man.
    He is, but he isn't always actually useful to completing objectives! It just feels like proof that the game agreed with us about him being the best.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Summoning Pact, Lasav, Emrakul, and some of the best Ravnica rares, these past 2 weeks have been good to me :)
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Phew! I really thought I was going to be posting a long rant in that other mega thread, but after spending 3840 Crystals and 4000 Jewels, I finally got my Stitch in Time!

My first game (standard) the message showed "8 Extra Swaps" at one point (probably had like 15 total that turn).  I can't imagine once I actually build around it/use it in legacy (like Prism Array needed a friend...).
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Feden said:
    Phew! I really thought I was going to be posting a long rant in that other mega thread, but after spending 3840 Crystals and 4000 Jewels, I finally got my Stitch in Time!

My first game (standard) the message showed "8 Extra Swaps" at one point (probably had like 15 total that turn).  I can't imagine once I actually build around it/use it in legacy (like Prism Array needed a friend...).
    "I'm sorry, did you want a turn, Greg?"
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'm Happy/Sad... Is that Sappy or have I been Had?

I have BsZ now... Took _8_ tries on the pink pack and was the very last one I got...
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:

I have BsZ now... Took _8_ tries on the pink pack and was the very last one I got...
    ohhhh! You'll never play a card above 12 again and a PW not including blue. Raff brings the cost of historic cards down by 3 , but costs 11 himself. Have fun! There are variety of combos  with BSZ.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:

congrat! it was my last MP/MY in that pack, it take my 9 shots.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    Kinesia said:

ohhhh! You'll never play a card above 12 again and a PW not including blue. Raff brings the cost of historic cards down by 3 , but costs 11 himself. Have fun! There are variety of combos  with BSZ.
    I actually love playing things just above 12 mana with it, like In Bolas's Clutches... you don't always want it to autocast cards like Ixalan's Binding or Ravenous Chupacabra, but it will unless you can fire it for less mana.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    Kinesia said:

congrat! it was my last MP/MY in that pack, it take my 9 shots.

It was mine too, but I had the hydra and something else already. I don't terribly mind getting the other cards too, but when you're chasing something specific it's still frustrating!

I'd put off doing the same thing twice already, swearing that I would wait till I'd crafted more, but waiting got too painful.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loving the tons of events, and abundance of orbs.  Feels like after months of suffering through a mtg event/reward drought, we've finally reached paradise :)
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     :D  :D opened three single boosters and got 3 new cards: 1MP - glimpse the unthinkable, 1 Mythic - Trostani Discordant and 1 Rare - Steam Vents.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tremayne said:
     :D  :D opened three single boosters and got 3 new cards: 1MP - glimpse the unthinkable, 1 Mythic - Trostani Discordant and 1 Rare - Steam Vents.
    Holy **** man that is awesome.  I want Glimpse and Trostani so bad
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Trostani is insane. Managing 1 turn growth from zero to two units over 150 in power.... each.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My EMN pack from progression in Avacyn's Madness was a real winner!

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Brakkis - congrats on your new toys. Piggy is a beast and Gisela is fun even without the matching rare card.

I got piggy as one of my first ten mythic cards and I didn’t think it was that good so I left in my library for quite a while before discovering its potential.