Happy thread

Options

Comments

• OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The sad thing is I had the thing installed for like a year and a half, but couldn't quite wrap my head around the gameplay. Turns out reading tutorials is really important if you've never played a match-3 RPG before.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know we are faced with new bugs and it is frustrating. And frankly, unacceptable.

But in spite of that, there are some things I enjoyed about this update.

I was happy about the new Master and Expert decks. I completed 36 decks and got 450 pinkies for it.

They finally put up an Elite Pack with KLD cards. So with my newly acquired pinkies, I got to pull that long overdue Ornithoper.

I had fun putting up my profile and I’m glad the art for Turn to Frog was available. Good job! ;)

I leveled up to lvl 41 and got more free crystals (500) and pinkies (50) for it. Cool.

Mastering cards now has more value than just bragging rights. Yay.

And so the grid begins while the devs fix the bugs. ;)
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saw I had 3000 orbs and decided to craft one of the 82 Legacy Mythics I'm missing.

I got Olivia.

Then I got Gisa and Geralf from my Avacyn's Madness rewards.

Today is a good day.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options

I caved and bought the Undergrowth pack in the store (drawing a blank on what the card I wanted was called, but it Undergrowth 12: choose a black card from whatever and add X mana, also had Glowspore Shaman in it).

Pulled Lazaf the Multifarious from the booster than came with it. I've been wanting that bad boy for... well, months.

And then gave me enough gems to buy a Masterpiece booster... Got Trostani Discordant out of that, which is the other card I've wanted for months.

Now if only the Booster Crafting gods will be kind and get me Slimefoot, my body will be ready for Allegiance.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gear to hear that you have both gotten some new toys that you have been wanting.

I have been eyeing Lazav for some time now. Hope you have fun with him.

olivia is so much fun.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options

Lazaf is surprisingly hard for me to hit the sweet spot in. My plan was to have Szadek deny as much mana as possible while Etrata murders any creatures that so manage to come out. Use Surveil to move other Szadeks and Etratas to the graveyard, and then Lazaf to keep stacking them up bigger and bigger (or bring them back after they get killed).

It's just not quite working the way I wanted... Not sure yet what isn't jiving. I swapped a couple other things out for more mana generation. We'll see how that goes.

It's still in the fun-let's-try-this phase of deck building for me. Although there was one game where a... I can't remember it's name, but it's a 0/35 creature that can't block, and if it's under 10 health, it Transforms into something hideous from Innistrad.

Yeah, it was amazing watching Etrata cause 70 damage to my opponent.

Also, holy ****, Trostani Discordant is disgusting with March of the Multitudes. Suddenly my Haazda Marshall is 14/14 and my Soldier stack is 25/25. Had one game where I got a huge cascade and dropped two Trostani in one turn. Suddenly I had 43/43 Soldiers.

• Mburn7
    Options

Lazaf is surprisingly hard for me to hit the sweet spot in. My plan was to have Szadek deny as much mana as possible while Etrata murders any creatures that so manage to come out. Use Surveil to move other Szadeks and Etratas to the graveyard, and then Lazaf to keep stacking them up bigger and bigger (or bring them back after they get killed).

It's just not quite working the way I wanted... Not sure yet what isn't jiving. I swapped a couple other things out for more mana generation. We'll see how that goes.

It's still in the fun-let's-try-this phase of deck building for me. Although there was one game where a... I can't remember it's name, but it's a 0/35 creature that can't block, and if it's under 10 health, it Transforms into something hideous from Innistrad.

Also, holy tinykitty, Trostani Discordant is disgusting with March of the Multitudes. Suddenly my Haazda Marshall is 14/14 and my Soldier stack is 25/25. Had one game where I got a huge cascade and dropped two Trostani in one turn. Suddenly I had 43/43 Soldiers.

Try running Enhanced Surveilance with Lazav.  You get 2 creatures back every time you surveil.
    Run with Disinformation campaign to add some discard in and mana generation to fill the copies every turn.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also, holy tinykitty, Trostani Discordant is disgusting with March of the Multitudes. Suddenly my Haazda Marshall is 14/14 and my Soldier stack is 25/25. Had one game where I got a huge cascade and dropped two Trostani in one turn. Suddenly I had 43/43 Soldiers.

And this is exactly why my Standard TG deck last night was running Rampaging Ferocidon and Suncleanser :)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    jtwood said:

And this is exactly why my Standard TG deck last night was running Rampaging Ferocidon and Suncleanser :)
    Damn.  I sense quite a bit of hate coming from you right now.

But then again, I was running Kembal and Mind's Dilation in Legacy TG today, so I'm not much better  :D
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    jtwood said:

Damn.  I sense quite a bit of hate coming from you right now.

But then again, I was running Kembal and Mind's Dilation in Legacy TG today, so I'm not much better  :D
    If I'm going to sit through dozens of Path triggers, you best believe it's because I want to watch Gerg slowly kill himself :D
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Try running Enhanced Surveilance with Lazav.  You get 2 creatures back every time you surveil.
    Run with Disinformation campaign to add some discard in and mana generation to fill the copies every turn.

That's roughly what the current deck I'm testing looks like. I've got the two creature kills that Surveil (forgot what they were called); I'm running it with Liliana 1. More discard and a revive from her Loyalty abilities.

Tried it with Jace, but I love Dimir Spy Bug and that Spirit that +1/+1s whenever you Surveil, and then just use his #2 Loyalty ability to keep bringing back the blue return-to-hand spell.

...dang, I wish I could look at my phone at work so I could give actual card names.

• Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

That's roughly what the current deck I'm testing looks like. I've got the two creature kills that Surveil (forgot what they were called); I'm running it with Liliana 1. More discard and a revive from her Loyalty abilities.

Tried it with Jace, but I love Dimir Spy Bug and that Spirit that +1/+1s whenever you Surveil, and then just use his #2 Loyalty ability to keep bringing back the blue return-to-hand spell.

...dang, I wish I could look at my phone at work so I could give actual card names.

Try using the split one that surveils and then draws.  You won't always get the draw (since you'll get the creature copies first), but its a 4 mana surveil card that'll start off the loop.

If you want some real fun, though, make Blood Operative and Lazav you're only 2 creatures.  Trust me.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Mburn7 said:

Try using the split one that surveils and then draws.  You won't always get the draw (since you'll get the creature copies first), but its a 4 mana surveil card that'll start off the loop.

If you want some real fun, though, make Blood Operative and Lazav you're only 2 creatures.  Trust me.
    Despite my best efforts, Blood Operative eludes me. I'm thinking hunting that down will be my next goal after Dominaria coughs up Slimefoot.
  • Mobyslick
    Mobyslick Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pulled Tolsimir Wolfblood from an event booster, yasssssssssssssssssssss (his Voja is bugged but yasssssssssssssss)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Mobyslick said:
    Pulled Tolsimir Wolfblood from an event booster, yasssssssssssssssssssss (his Voja is bugged but yasssssssssssssss)
    Damn I want him.  How is Voja bugged?  Seems to work fine whenever I play against one lol
  • Tremayne
    Options
    I haven’t seen anything wrong with Voja, but I don’t think I have played with it since the last update so it might be bugged now. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mobyslick said:

I pulled Tolsimir early on and I have yet to see why people are craving this particular card. It's not a bad card for its cost but it certainly doesn't come across as a chase card from where I'm looking.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

Try N4

March of the Multitudes
    Elemental uprising
    Zendikar's resurgeance
    Path of discovery
    Riskarsex
    Hour of Promise
    Trostani 
    Chord of calling 
    And
    Whatever 2 other supports you desire. I used Dagger of the worthy and forebears blade. 

The deck will loop using this set up. I've gotten over 1000+/1000+ of elemental tokens and white knight tokens in a single turn from nothing on the board. Takes a bit of patience but it does get that high if ZR gets replenished. Avg is 200+/200+ in one turn... that's one turn. Not in the first turn. Give it a go, brother. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Pulled a Djinn of Wishes from a 400 jewel pack today despite missing almost all of the other mythics in there (none of which I wanted).

Goddam that guy is powerful
  • Tremayne
    Options
    I got him today also but through booster crafting. Loads of fun