Happy thread

Options
Froggy
Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
Well, I think we’ve all had our fair share of frustration, disappointment and the whole range of human emotion on the negative end of the scale when it comes to game bugs, losses, AI cascades, etc. I’m guilty of all those things. And yes, I take to this forum and other chats to rant about them. I know I don’t stand alone.

But I thought maybe it would be nice to share enjoyable moments here. We have the safe rant thread (which was/is beyond brilliant!). So now to the other end of that. I think it is still important to remain ourselves of those fun and enjoyable moments.

Please be civil and post good things here.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ursopro said:

EDIT: From your second post I assume you missed the turn and ended up in the MPQ section instead of the MtG one :D
    Welcome either way.
    That
     was quite confusing. We don't do editing without marking who it was :P

Hmm.. I got two mythic red dinos yesterday.. One from - hold your breath - an ixl booster!
    The other was etali.. Who cares about masterpieces if you have this piece of madness
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Heh. I'll fix that.

Update
    : There we go! Moved that post back to MPQ
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The day booster crafting was released. I'll never open as many mythics in 5 minutes again.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad we had an event this week! And i just pulled oketra from a single card booster !
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I survived a match against koth with 1 life and 4% battery . Probably reckless, but I gotta live up to the name whenever possible 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Out of the 5 masterpieces I have, 3 of them were pulled from a 5 card booster.  The other 2 were pulled in like 10 attempts at an elite pack.  I find this hilarious.  
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had one of those rare matches in which some internally debated card ordering snatched victory from an otherwise losing position.  I had two play options that could have given an out and finally settled on one that gave higher odds of success that panned out.  One of those rush moments where you actually feel careful strategy made a big difference.  A little rare, but those experiences are unique and highly rewarding.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    About 6 months ago I opened an Olivia from a prize booster. Still my favorite card in my collection
  • Mburn7
    Options
    mrixl2520 said:
    About 6 months ago I opened an Olivia from a prize booster. Still my favorite card in my collection
    I hate you so much right now.  Been chasing her literally for years now (well, year + but you know what I mean).
    Saddest moment of my MTGPQ experience was seeing a multicolor wiggle in an SOI pack and it turning out to be a Grim Flayer
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Omniscience from a booster pack
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Using "Mighty Leap" on a 2/2 poison rat to take down a 30/30 angel (this was just today).
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm happy to see the DOM Pre-release notes up!

• Mburn7
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I'm happy to see the DOM Pre-release notes up!

Agreed, hopefully the card gallery will soon follow!  Show Me the Fungi!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A nod to an old mechanic and an old favorite;  "phasing!"

Good lord I am getting all nostalgic about these nods and references to the past sets. Definitely making me happy!  

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finally gave up on sandbagging in Silver, and I have so many fun cards to try out! Like Settle the Wreckage to go with my Nyx :). Sphinx's Decree too.
  • bk1234
    Options
    DBJones said:
    I finally gave up on sandbagging in Silver, and I have so many fun cards to try out! Like Settle the Wreckage to go with my Nyx :). Sphinx's Decree too.
    Congrats on your newfound freedom and better rewards!! Hope to see you soon in Platinum!
  • bk1234
    Options
    I'm super happy to be playing NOP this week. Using all new decks and I'm having a blast!