Happy thread

Options

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Just packed Admiral Beckett from my single Ixalan pack for the day!  Guess that means you do get good cards from Ixalan...once you open a couple-hundred packs or so ;)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I made squee work. It's still a bad card, but I found the circumstances that make him suck less
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I made squee work. It's still a bad card, but I found the circumstances that make him suck less
       Does it work enough to justify his cost already? 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Bil said:
       Does it work enough to justify his cost already? 
    Well.. It's one of those decks that don't really care for ten mana more or less. Every creature dies quite regulary, and he's nice as a reclaim battery.
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are you willing to share the deck? I'd like to try it.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Are you willing to share the deck? I'd like to try it.
    Samut

Squee
    Darigaaz
    Rekindling Phoenix

Growing rites of Itlimoc
    Forebear's Blade
    Flameshadow conjuring
    Journey to eternity

Gather the pack
    Hour of Promise
    Reclaim

You could switch this one over to green black using Erebos Titan and despoiler of souls.. But hey, that wouldn't work with Squee ;)
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Forebear Blade is really good with Squee, I was running a Karn version with Costly Plunder, Reclaim, and the eruption saga (since it kills your squee twice! ch1 & ch3).

I'll give yours a shot, mine wasn't great lol
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    My favorite moment today was seeing my prevent damage ten times reinforced squee getting hammered from electrolyze.
    Yeah, that didn't work. And if it worked, it still wouldn't work.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled Lannery Storm from a free booster reward. Whoohoo! Finally realized how good treasures could be and makes all pirates better for such a cheap cost. Hybrid with Jodah works well , too. Only wish is that she was dual color for Vraska as she makes Angrath so much better. What a card!
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled Hanna from my purple pack today.
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled Pernicious Deed, yay.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I decided to grab an Ixalan Premium Pack because I'm still missing a lot of the rares (admittedly, I only really want River's Rebuke and Dowsing Dagger). I got Vance's Blasting Cannon! Time for some eternalize/aftermath fun! The rare ended up being a dupe though, despite me still missing 26 IXN rares… My luck for dupes is bizarre, I get dupe rares all the time, even when I'm missing a lot of them, but besides the set event rewards I've only gotten one dupe mythic, Swarm Intelligence from a free pack a few weeks after I got it from my first ever rare+ pack. I have 55 total mythics at this point, though around ten of those are crafted Origins ones.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    I finished crafting all the Origins mythics a week or two ago. Since then I've been debating what to do with my crafting materials. But they were burning a hole in my pocket, so I decided to craft one Legacy mythic, just to see how it would go. Out of 105 possible mythics, which no doubt includes a LOT of total garbage (hi Depala!), the one mythic I got was....

....Deploy the Gatewatch.

Let me just say, in my very best George Takei voice: Oh myyyyy.
    ♩ "Look at this card," ♫
    ♪ "Isn't it OP ?" ♬
    ♫ "Wouldn't you say my HuF deck is complete?" ♪
    "Wouldn't you say I'm a croooow, a crow who has....POWER."

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled Hanna from my purple pack today.
    How is she? Any good?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled Darigaaz the gargoyle .... er, dragon from an elite pack today! 

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Muldrotha from the 120 pack!!!!

It was a foolish gamble because I was missing only one rare, Memorial to Folly, from the pack. And I definitely did not want that.

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want to share something funny with you guys. Samut deck: https://ibb.co/g8OxNy

The idea is having Hallar, the Firefletcher or Firebrand Archer or both on the battlefield and then playing Hazoret's Undying Fury

Have fun
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    I want to share something funny with you guys. Samut deck: https://ibb.co/g8OxNy

The idea is having Hallar, the Firefletcher or Firebrand Archer or both on the battlefield and then playing Hazoret's Undying Fury

Have fun
    What, you get infinite mana?  Cool combo, I never would have thought of that.