Happy thread

Options

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Pulled my first Masterpiece in ages! It’s just Akroma, but hey! It’s a Masterpiece, right?
    "JUST AKROMA???"  Holy heck man, what does it take to impress you? O.o lol

She's  a beast. And congrats to a very nice MP. I ended up with Magus of the wheel or something or other. Not sure what to make of him yet
    I would have loved to pull Magus. It’s a card you can play around with. Akroma is just a big dummy. I’m totally fine with Akroma, don’t get me wrong, but nothing that turns your grey cells on when it comes to deck building. ;)
    Ya have a good point there about deck building.  She's pretty straight forward whereas magus needs a bit of finesse. But dayum, them double hexproofs for blue and white on Akroma. No targeted bounce or exile. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my first Masterpiece in ages! It’s just Akroma, but hey! It’s a Masterpiece, right?
    congrats!!  You could use some good luck after your previous packs.  Was it from a pink pack or premium?
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    congrats!!  You could use some good luck after your previous packs.  Was it from a pink pack or premium?
    Well, I'm gathering crystals, I hope Fortuna is with me. :smile: 

Got it with pinkies. I expected a Thraxos after all the rant posts, but I got lucky. Red is definitely my strongest color at the moment. Although, I find Verix Bladewing more usefull.

• FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    Options

Got it with pinkies. I expected a Thraxos after all the rant posts, but I got lucky. Red is definitely my strongest color at the moment. Although, I find Verix Bladewing more usefull.

that's great to hear :)

yeah I got Thraxos as my first (and probably only) elite pack pull for Dominaria.  Haven't been this salty since I packed Solemnity 6 times!  I have no intention of purchasing another elite pack from this set.
  • Stormbringer0
    Options

yeah I got Thraxos as my first (and probably only) elite pack pull for Dominaria.  Haven't been this salty since I packed Solemnity 6 times!  I have no intention of purchasing another elite pack from that set.
    Although, there are great Mythics in the set! I got frustrated and baught me the Weatherlight. You can play it in any deck and it's just insane. But I totally get your point. I always get sweaty palms before I rip a premium pack and there are mythics in there I already own. :D
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    Options

yeah I got Thraxos as my first (and probably only) elite pack pull for Dominaria.  Haven't been this salty since I packed Solemnity 6 times!  I have no intention of purchasing another elite pack from that set.
    Although, there are great Mythics in the set! I got frustrated and baught me the Weatherlight. You can play it in any deck and it's just insane. But I totally get your point. I always get sweaty palms before I rip a premium pack and there are mythics in there I already own. :D
    Yeaaaah, the temptation is there...I just *generally* have luck so consistently horrible that I try to avoid gambling scenarios when possible.

I looked at the new elite packs and thought, "Gee, there's like 10 mythics/masterpieces here, and 9 of them I'd be perfectly happy with getting!  What're the chances!"

-_-

• Gunmix25
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I'm super happy for @octal9 and his team SaltyBarals for moving back into the top 10 all time!!

For more than a year this team has worked together to rebuild -- mostly with Silver and Gold level players who have moved up through the ranks together -- it's a wonderful show of how teamwork and communication pay off -- and such a great achievement to move back onto the leaderboard that rarely has much change!!!

Congrats SB!!!
    Congrats to SB, your hard work paid off!
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I love it when you log in right after TG ends to get your daily reward and there are two new training grounds and if you get them done fast enough you get double the rewards, thanks for the much needed runes! 
  • Stormbringer0
    Options
    Damn guys! That new elite pack is sick! Every single mythic is playable and fun!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Damn guys! That new elite pack is sick! Every single mythic is playable and fun!
       With 3 mythics among the pack, i tried it and pulled a non-dupe mythic! lucky me ...
       However, i'm not sure it would be reasonable to give it another try ... But i would like to try hanna and rishadan port real bad!
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got 400 pinkies, popped an EP . . . got a masterpiece! Pernicious Deed! Okay that's it for the happy thread, off to the safe rant thread because I got Pernicious Deed.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Got 400 pinkies, popped an EP . . . got a masterpiece! Pernicious Deed! Okay that's it for the happy thread, off to the safe rant thread because I got Pernicious Deed.
    Lol. This gets the post of the day award.  Hahaha
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Quantius said:
    if I could like this and think it was insightful at the same time I would :D
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:
    I pulled Deed in my first DOM pp.  I was super hyped for about 10 seconds, then I read the card.  

One day I'll find a use for it.  It may take a while. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Quantius said:
    I pulled Deed in my first DOM pp.  I was super hyped for about 10 seconds, then I read the card.  

trade you a Thraxos for it :D;)
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Quantius said:

Hey man, I told you how to make Traxos good.  You should love him by now!  :D
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Quantius said:

Hey man, I told you how to make Traxos good.  You should love him by now!  :D
    haha you found a creative way to make him playable.  "Good" might still be a ways off though ;)

• Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Quantius said:

My best attempt so far has been in a Vraska Rock style deck (doesn't exactly translate that great to MTGPQ), but here it is:

Creatures:
    Tendershoot Dryad
    Slimefoot, the Stowaway
    Territorial Allosaurus

Spells:
    Desert of the Glorified
    Reclaim
    Infinite Obliteration
    Gather the Pack
    Spore Swarm

Supports:
    Pernicious Deed
    Journey to Eternity

The idea here is to flip JTE so I can pull creatures back into play after I blow up the board with Deed if/when needed. It takes more careful play because I don't want to just drop supports unless absolutely needed, but it's not bad. It can handle a lot of different situations - it's just that MTGPQ favors combo style decks which just feed themselves into monsters over a few turns. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Quantius said:

My best attempt so far has been in a Vraska Rock style deck (doesn't exactly translate that great to MTGPQ), but here it is:

Creatures:
    Tendershoot Dryad
    Slimefoot, the Stowaway
    Territorial Allosaurus

Spells:
    Desert of the Glorified
    Reclaim
    Infinite Obliteration
    Gather the Pack
    Spore Swarm

Supports:
    Pernicious Deed
    Journey to Eternity

The idea here is to flip JTE so I can pull creatures back into play after I blow up the board with Deed if/when needed. It takes more careful play because I don't want to just drop supports unless absolutely needed, but it's not bad. It can handle a lot of different situations - it's just that MTGPQ favors combo style decks which just feed themselves into monsters over a few turns. 
    Interesting idea.  Do you have that Origins spell that reanimates a creature?  That would probably work well too.

I also had the thought a Lil 1 deck would work, with her ultimate just refilling the board.  Its the support part that worries me, though.  Hard to set up good interactions if you clear your own setup stuff.