Comments

• OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This thread makes me happy.
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Pulled off the double perfect today!! (315 in BoFT II and 210 in NOP, which was my best there by far)

I think it was a great combination of events for a weekend and am really liking most the new BoFT II objectives.  No more kill < X, < X HP...  (I will cede that pauper got annoying, so having a buffer between progression and max so I could skip both would be even better, but trying to keep the positivity on this thread at least.)

All in all, a challenge for veterans and something for newer players to strive for.  A very refreshing shift from AWR and such.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Managed to get Prism Array (NoP bonus rare) and Deploy the Gatewatch (crafted Legacy mythic) today!  And a Hostage Taker too, from the Bo4T mythic pack.  My collection feels that much shinier!

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoyed the BoFT arrangement with split weekends. It felt full but manageable. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i have just crafed all Legacy Mythic!
    :D
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Congratulations!  I’ve got 38 to go.  Won’t be long.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice Job!  I've been focusing on Standard, so I still have well over 90 to go.  But its nice to know it's possible!
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn’t think it was possible even 9 months ago.  RT makes a huge difference.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yay! I just completed the full GRN set.

Now... back to earlier sets before the next release...
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    May not sound much, but today I utterly trounced BfZ 1 's last boss (World Breaker) with Worldwaker Nissa, on first try.

Usually I experimented too much due to trying to complete both objectives at once and often lost my first few battles, but once I just say "**** you, dupe rare" (a.k.a., abandoning the 55-point reward), I owned him with Nissa on my first try.

Oh sure, he destroys my green gems, but then that's where my Quarry Beetles come into play :)
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options

So I've had a Dimir deck I've quite loved under Tezzeret2(I think... the blue/black one). Lazaf, Szazdek, Etrata, Blood Operative (the vampire with lifelink). The kill spell that Surveils, the return to hand that Surveils, the two supports that play into Surveil and... something, I don't remember.

Did really great with it, super fun. My only problem is I'm running a lot of expensive creatures, so my hand will sometimes get backed up with cards I don't want to get rid of. Didn't usually cramp my style when it came to winning, but it did make my games a little longer.

Then yesterday, I popped open a Mythic gem pack and get Bloodletter Quill.

Holy ****, that kicks that thing up to 11. I go from having a full creatures to being hip-deep in murder in one turn. So far, my record has been two Szadeks, two Etratas, and a Lazaf in one turn. It was... incredible. And Blood Operative offsets the only downside to the Quill, the life lost.

If the game goes long enough, his third Loyalty ability drops damage on my opponent when the Quill goes off, too. It's... just delightful. So giddy. I finally got a Masterpiece that I can make sing.

(No offense, Curse of Predation. I love you, Boo.)

• Mburn7
    Options
    I absolutely love this amazing Stained Glass Planeswalker art.

And I love this announcement on a Planeswalker in every pack in War of the Spark!

Now to decide on a new profile pic.....

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/closer-look-stained-glass-planeswalkers-2019-03-08
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

And I love this announcement on a Planeswalker in every pack in War of the Spark!

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/closer-look-stained-glass-planeswalkers-2019-03-08

I'm praying that they use those for an exclusive or Mythic Edition, because that art is just incredible.

Not to mention it confirms my homeboy Angrath is going to be in War of the Spark. AND, if all those planeswalkers get put into PQ... Well, our boy Jiangg Yanggu and his puppy is one of 'em.

This is what I was expecting/hoping for WAR, so I'm just... GAH. Needs to be April now. So pumped.

• Mburn7
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:

I'm praying that they use those for an exclusive or Mythic Edition, because that art is just incredible

Premium art for paying customers, perhaps? Get the pricing right, and I'd buy a few.

Provided the timer issue and the XP issue haven't driven me away from the game of course.
    This is in paper Magic, dude.  I really hope your frustrations with PQ won't alienate you that much toward MTG in general.
    I doubt any of this will make it into PQ (that would be waaaaay too many walkers for one set)
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

I doubt any of this will make it into PQ (that would be waaaaay too many walkers for one set)
    I'd never say never.  If the core mechanics in the paper WAR set revolve around having so many planeswalkers available, it would almost have to be included in the PQ version in some way.  They clearly wouldn't be planeswalkers as defined in PQ, but could be adapted in other ways: legendary creatures with complex abilities/effects, for example.  We've seen plenty of cases here where paper mechanics have been adjusted to make sense in the PQ environment - not always particularly well or as strong as in paper, but at least somehow.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    starfall said:
    Mburn7 said:

This is in paper Magic, dude.  I really hope your frustrations with PQ won't alienate you that much toward MTG in general.
    Yeah, I get it, I'm just saying, wouldn't the ability to pimp your PQ walkers with cool art be cool?

I would probably pay money for that, for the walkers I love the most. Lookin' at you, Karn, Nissa, and Teferi.

Were it me, I'd set up the new walkers as a new type of Support. Have it reinforce itself up to a certain point for its ultimate, then get rid of its reinforcements, or something. Change the icon for these ones to look like a Planeswalker icon (you know, the fork). I love the idea of bringing a bunch of nukes to a gun fight.

There's an Azorius control deck I've been running in MtG:A lately with the two Teferis from Dominaria, the two Dovins from Allegiance, and Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants. Throw in an Oath of Teferi, and it got real stupid, real fast. I would love to run something along those lines for WAR in PQ.

• fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    just pulled 42nd Dom rare (last one) in this AWR. :blush:

P.S. pulled 41st in last Aug. :neutral:
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I bought 1 premium pack of RNA so far and got Mass Manipulation and Simic Ascendancy (and a couple rares, of which, Amplifire seems like it might be neat). Simic Ascendancy is exactly the kind of toy I love to try and break, so, looking forward to messing around with that..