Happy thread

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhasget said:
    Gunmix25 said:

So this morning in a discussion with a teammate, we got around to talking about testing a few builds around Authority of the Consuls. I thought I had the card and learned that I did not. I had 51 rares to craft.

so I decided to still give it a go.

on the 3rd and final try... I got AotC!

Nice!

Be aware though that it doesn't stop ETB effects (I think it used to before 2.9). 
    Never did!
  • Arsinik
    Arsinik Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Today was super enjoyable, pulled two mythics and a rare, plus Thud from an M19 PP, plus another M19 rare in free pack. List: Djinn of Wishes, Bone Dragon, Meteor Golem, Sai Master Thopterist, and Thud. Woo.
  • zolesz
    zolesz Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    My lucky streak with the current M19 Elite Pack:
    A couple of weeks ago there were 3 mythics and 3 masterpieces I didn't yet have from this pack.
    I had pinkies enough for one shot and I pulled ...Plague Wind !
    Then, in the last two weeks I pulled 2 mythics in total from other kind of boosters... but those were 2 that I didn't yet have in the elite pack above!
    So today there were 1 mythic and 2 masterpieces I didn't yet have.
    I had 2 pulls and I didn't get the mythic card, but ...Blue Sun's Zenith and ...Decree of Justice !
    That's what I call "New perspectives". ;)
    (The last remaining mythic in the pack is Apex of Power, but I won't go for it.)
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got got a Living dead on a pink pack. 😋 

not that big a surprise as I had all the rest of the cards in the pack.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Here’s a good one - I pulled an exclusive rare from a card pack... Yeah, a rare you can apparently only get by referral code. Wayward Giant.

I think I am now officially the the only person in this game that has two referral card exclusive rares.

Or has anyone else managed to pull one?

(I got that Cowl Prowler from a referal).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Froggy said:
    Here’s a good one - I pulled an exclusive rare from a card pack... Yeah, a rare you can apparently only get by referral code. Wayward Giant.

I think I am now officially the the only person in this game that has two referral card exclusive rares.

Or has anyone else managed to pull one?

(I got that Cowl Prowler from a referal).
    Lol from a pack.

Well i have all three but never pulled one from a pack!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all of Ixalan except the MPs so never expect a single thing except runes from Across Ixalan but yesterday I got Swords to Plowshares completely as a surprise! And a dupe mythic to go with it.

Very happy.
  • Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I opened an Across Ixalan booster today and pulled a Masterpiece!  Curse of Predation.  Also, last week I was trying for any Mythic except Arguel in my Booster Crafting and got Arguel.  However, the next day I managed to pull Vona from a random Booster from Across Ixalan, so was very happy.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled Ulrich from the SOI reward booster last night.  Now I just need Olivia, Pig, and the Hydra and my collection of busted SOI Mythics will be complete!  
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    After struggling with some of the fights in the past, I'm happy to have carded my first perfect 933 on AM.  Just wish my reward for it had been something better than Tree of Perdition.

• Mburn7
    Gabrosin said:
    After struggling with some of the fights in the past, I'm happy to have carded my first perfect 933 on AM.  Just wish my reward for it had been something better than Tree of Perdition.

Congrats!  And the Tree is actually very fun.  I run it in Lil 1 to better abuse her Grave Mist, but I would bet its also good comboed with all the enraged ping damage thats out now in Red
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

Congrats!  And the Tree is actually very fun.  I run it in Lil 1 to better abuse her Grave Mist, but I would bet its also good comboed with all the enraged ping damage thats out now in Red
    Yeah it doesn't look useless, but to get a guaranteed EMN mythic and wind up with that instead of Pig or Emmy or Gisa or Gisela or Deploy or Ulrich...disappointing.

Hey, let's run Avacyn's Madness ten more times, what do you say?

• Mburn7
    Gabrosin said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

Yeah it doesn't look useless, but to get a guaranteed EMN mythic and wind up with that instead of Pig or Emmy or Gisa or Gisela or Deploy or Ulrich...disappointing.

When this event originally run I got 6 copies of Odric from my guaranteed mythic instead of literally any of the other 5 mythics that were available (although I did also get all the other ones besides the Piggy after that).  At least you got something new lol.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gabrosin said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

Be careful what you wish for. I played top 10 from the first day and when Kaladesh rotated in, I had only half of the SOI / EMN mythics. Playing the same events over and over can sometimes just yield dupe after dupe after dupe. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

When this event originally run I got 6 copies of Odric from my guaranteed mythic instead of literally any of the other 5 mythics that were available (although I did also get all the other ones besides the Piggy after that).  At least you got something new lol.
    i got 7 Mind Dilation from 2016, 8th one in 2018. :#
    My true reward for playing AVM is we can skip RotGP.  :D
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,442 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    Gabrosin said:

Use L3 with that tree and spam loyalty1 to refresh if needed before dying or use loyalty 2 to bring it back when it dies (provided that you used loyalty 1 first). Mean trick,  let me tell ya.  Lol
  • Feden
    Feden Posts: 79 Match Maker
    "New" player here (like April, but compared to everyone else...) and felt like crafting a legacy mythic for the first time (had 8 pre-HOU mythics and "should" still be crafting Origins) only to pull...   Olivia!!
  • Mburn7
    Feden said:
    "New" player here (like April, but compared to everyone else...) and felt like crafting a legacy mythic for the first time (had 8 pre-HOU mythics and "should" still be crafting Origins) only to pull...   Olivia!!
    I hate you, get out.

Been chasing her for 3 years (not exaggerating)

Enjoy the carnage!
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feden said:
    Congrats with a pretty decent card. 🤪😂🤪

She is fun if you have enough cards in hand.