Happy thread

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    DumasAG said:
    Opened a Spell Swindle in my Ixalan prize pack from yesterday, and a Regisaur Alpha in my Ixalan prize pack from today, both mythics I didn’t have (to be fair, I previously only had 2 Ixalan mythics, one of which was bought in an EP).
    I opened Spell Swindle in a prize pack last week! It’s fun! Congrats!!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Froggy said:
    Ahem....

I guess you already know...

Eidolon of the Great Revel...
    He's the man ... You know what, i'll try my luck just to prove me how unfair is this game!
    Mistcaller ... That blue one could have been the djinn at least! 
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Bil said:
    Froggy said:
    Ahem....

I guess you already know...

Eidolon of the Great Revel...
    He's the man ... You know what, i'll try my luck just to prove me how unfair is this game!
    Mistcaller ... That blue one could have been the djinn at least! 
    Thanks. But I think there are amazing possibilities with Mist Caller. Create a token deck, throw in Sphinx’s Tutelage and Psychic Corrosion. Or for Jace 2’s third ability. I’m sure there is more. I would have been happy to have pulled that one. ;)
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Oh I'm happy with it, any card that unlocks new buildups is great to pull. But i already had a bunch of ideas with djinn so i was after it. 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Well, i’ll Just keep the good times rolling. Bought an M19 PP (despite that discussion about diminishing returns), packed two new rares in Archer and Moon, and a shiny new Djinn of Wishes!!!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    My 21-days-of-logging-in pack was not only awesome, but awesome in an oddly tightly-themed way. I got Wand of Chaos, Transmogrifying Wand, and Magistrate's Scepter. So uhh...guess I'm covered as far as magical sticks go!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Stormcrow said:
    My 21-days-of-logging-in pack was not only awesome, but awesome in an oddly tightly-themed way. I got Wand of Chaos, Transmogrifying Wand, and Magistrate's Scepter. So uhh...guess I'm covered as far as magical sticks go!
    you're a wizard, Harry Stormcrow!
  • DumasAG
    Stormcrow said:
    you're a wizard, Harry Stormcrow!
    Clearly the Oktagon is _sticking_ to a theme
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    I did the AIx today and the pack of Ixalan it rewarded me was a great pack. Probably the best I've ever seen. It contained: 

Blood Baron of Vizkopa (MP)
    Deathgorge Scavenger (R)
    A duplicate rare
    A duplicate uncommon
    A duplicate common

The duplicates kept it from being a truly perfect pack but the fact that it had a MP and 2 rates was so awesome I couldn't believe my eyes at first.

Blood Baron may not be the greatest MP but it has helped Gideon1 in the TDW event with the 3 creatures with power 5+ objective. His deck I'm using runs BBoV, Evra, and Resplendent Angel along with a bunch of supports including Sigil of the Empty Throne. A lot of fun. 
  • DumasAG
    Playing since the game came out. Finally, after YEARS, managed to open the last uncommon I needed from Origins. I know I could have crafted it, but i figured I'd crack it in a free pack eventually. Healing Hands are now mine, and Gideon's Beginner Deck is COMPLETE.
  • FindingHeart8
    DumasAG said:
    Playing since the game came out. Finally, after YEARS, managed to open the last uncommon I needed from Origins. I know I could have crafted it, but i figured I'd crack it in a free pack eventually. Healing Hands are now mine, and Gideon's Beginner Deck is COMPLETE.
    Nothing like finally beating the tutorial after you've already beaten the game, eh? ;)
  • bk1234
    I broke way out of my comfort zone and used Bolas2 on the red node of HOR -- had a perfect run on that node. Always feels good to accomplish something like that. 
  • Froggy
    Aaaaand soooooooo.......

I just pulled Decree of Justice.....

Yeah.... That’s my 9th masterpiece in M19. So I just need Ball Lightning... oh my oh my!

And I’ll probably wait to craft the rares and mythics I don’t have... This is quite surreal.
  • bk1234
    Froggy said:
    Aaaaand soooooooo.......

Yeah.... That’s my 9th masterpiece in M19. So I just need Ball Lightning... oh my oh my!

And I’ll probably wait to craft the rares and mythics I don’t have... This is quite surreal.
    I'm so jelly!!!  I only needed 2 cards from this pack -- Decree and Plague Wind. I wanted Decree -- I got Plague Wind. The upside is I will get Decree next time it rolls around. The other upside is I got Plague Wind. 

I pulled Mistcaller yesterday in a PP so I only need 3 more non-exclusive mythics and one rare from M19. 
  • Froggy
    bken1234 said:
    Froggy said:
    Aaaaand soooooooo.......

I'm so jelly!!!  I only needed 2 cards from this pack -- Decree and Plague Wind. I wanted Decree -- I got Plague Wind. The upside is I will get Decree next time it rolls around. The other upside is I got Plague Wind. 

I pulled Mistcaller yesterday in a PP so I only need 3 more non-exclusive mythics and one rare from M19. 
    Oh, nice!! Well you’re better off on the mythics than I am. I’m 5 short and need one more rare.

Thebcards in this set are soooo microkitty powerful. I’m having lots of fun building around them. 😉
  • bk1234
    Froggy said:
    bken1234 said:
    Froggy said:
    Aaaaand soooooooo.......

Oh, nice!! Well you’re better off on the mythics than I am. I’m 5 short and need one more rare.

Thebcards in this set are soooo microkitty powerful. I’m having lots of fun building around them. 😉
    This set has a lot of great combo cards. They don’t look amazing on paper but when you put them in the right deck they are fun and powerful 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:
    Froggy said:
    bken1234 said:
    Froggy said:
    Aaaaand soooooooo.......

This set has a lot of great combo cards. They don’t look amazing on paper but when you put them in the right deck they are fun and powerful 
    That is one thing Oktagon has been doing extremely well.  Their sets combo very well without any individual card being too overpowered (for the most part)
  • FindingHeart8
    edited August 2018
    finally got that 3 headed giant feathery lizard

happy days indeed :3
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor

Of which 3 head giant feathery lizard do you refer?
  • FindingHeart8
    edited August 2018
    Brakkis said:

Of which 3 head giant feathery lizard do you refer?
    is there actually more than one? :o

the big bad one, looks all scary and tall and schtuff

I honestly forgot the name :D