MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2018 Edition *Updated (4/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and on the topic of the event schedule. Thank you!

If you wish to discuss a topic personally with another individual, I would recommend sending a private message. If you wish to discuss details surrounding the way I or any other administrator posts an announcement, then feel free to private message me, and I will be sure to respond back when I get the chance.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:
    A conversation between Mr Wolf and Jules/Vincent comes to mind...

But I stick to my point, as it was unclear and lots of people were uncertain in other chats and apparently you as well fight.. Semi answering or suggesting its clear from old data, only prevents an up-to-date answer imo. 
    And telling me, “you see, in game, we were right” afterwards is showing just as much attitude.

Anyway, pretty please, with sugar on top, tell us if nodes stay or not from now on...
    That may be your opinion, but that opinion is not based in reality.  I have seen numerous times where users answer a question and @Brigby comes in after to either correct or confirm.  In fact, unless it's news no one knows about forum users always beat the official responses because we're generally hovering more actively then they are (which is good because their main job should be making the game).
    Well, you got saved on correct or confirm just now I see, eventhough I just made my final grind. Thanks Brigby.

The link to the info shows Feb 22, a thursday, saying the event tomorrow. Probably even gonna fight me on this too, but has an event ever started on a friday? Just saying, that time the info came late as well. Why not now? 

Have they always been consistent? HfH for 5*? Order of boosted 5* (latest)? Not really. Besides, I stick to the fact there is little precedent if an event ran twice with different settings...
    The amount of times I’ve seen the question pop up in several LINE chats tells me it wasnt unclear to me alone..

And is an admin really the same as a developer? (No offense)

but do you really wanna keep dragging this on? Im getting quite sick of having to defend myself from types as you and jhawk...

Of course I'm going to fight you on this because the link says February 21st, and you're just flat out factually wrong, and you are continuing to be needlessly negative over the fact that people tried to help you and you didn't like the response. But you then went from wanting an official response because the linked thread was "too old" (it wasn't) to saying Brigby doesn't count because he's not a developer, so I'm not sure what you plan to accomplish other than making the forums unpleasant for others.

You would not need to defend yourself if you took more care to express criticisms and concerns without attack others (in this case, the credibility of official sources). It's antagonistic in an unproductive way, and that's why you get called out on it.
    Lmao. Wow, where did you get that from? From all this, you should come to the exact opposite conclusion...

Mine shows 22nd. As James said, thats probably cause of timezones, but makes it pretty last minute announcement nonetheless.

And i have explained my reasoning a couple times now. If you still dont get it, thats fine by me, but dont make up stories again please. It wasnt about being too old, it was about what version of main nodes we would get this time around.

You dont seem to like me, i dont like you. I can live with that. 

im all to fine with others wanting to help with info, but that info seemed not all that reliable for before mentioned reasons.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As much as all this warring intrigues me, let's get back on topic.

Based on the dates and previous patterns, we should be due for a 5* sometime later this week. I'm wondering if it will tie in to Infinity War, and if we'll get another Boss event. Thanos and his Infinity Gems would be fun. And could we please get another run of daily Thanos DDQ?
    We were talking about this in our alliance earlier today. The normal 5/4/4 pattern and "two weeks between each release" says we're due a 5* on Thursday the 19th.

But sometimes they delay an extra week (they did this time last year, Cloak & Dagger on April 6th, 5* Star-Lord on the 27th, with Jubilee this year on the 5th, delaying an extra week at the same spot would drop out a 5* right on the 26th with the movie, which would let us roll a boss alongside the theatrical release (which would be nice for making things more flexible than normal PVE to see the movie).

The crazy far-fetched idea is to do a 4* this week, then a 5* a week later (so the 5* is still launched with Infinity War). Way back for 5* Spider-Man we got a 5 (Doc Ock), then a 4 (Sandman) then a 5 (Peter Parker), and we got three 4's in a row to "make up" for it and put us back on the original schedule (Vulture, Mockingbird, Yondu). We got another 5/4/5 with Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Gladiator Thor, and have been off from the "original" schedule since then (though maintaining the 5/4/4 pattern since then). Even though our last two were 4's (Valkyrie/Jubilee), they could just as easily run a 4* this week, then a 5* next week to get us back on the "old" 5/4/4 pattern. Personally, I'm hoping they either delay the 5* a week, or just do the release this week with a normal boss event so we can do some new even thing next week without focusing on chasing a new character.

As a side note, someone commented on the forums that we're overdue a run of Sinister Six, since boss events are supposed to be more normal now. Well, "boss events being more normal" started with Galactus, then we had 5 events, then Civil War, then 4 events (but one 7-day, so it takes up the same time as 5 normal events), then Ultron, then 7 events, then Apocalypse. Meet Rocket & Groot, Fight For Wakanda, now Simulator, add in a Thursday event, then an event starting Sunday, and that'll be 5 events, ready to drop another boss following this pattern. And the only while we haven't had Sinister Six yet, we haven't had Thanos yet either (the one where the Infinity Stones are on the board).

It's all guesswork, but it certainly lines up neat to put a 5* release with Thanos right on top of Infinity War. The trickier part is figuring out who the 5* is going to be (as all the major players have 5*s already, unless you start looking at "the secondary Avengers" like Vision, Wanda, Falcon, Bucky, War Machine, etc; I'm personally hoping for a mess of 4's instead to cover Nomad Cap and the new suits for Iron Man and Spidey and maybe Blonde Widow or even New Weapon Thor, but sadly they don't push spending the way 5's do, so the business side of things says my hopes aren't the greatest idea)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't mind seeing some of Thanos's Black Order.  It'd be interesting to see what they could do with a character like Ebony Maw, who usually covertly influences his enemies rather than attacking them directly.

If they really want to do another 5* hero and don't want a third Spider-Man, maybe they could do a second 5* Hulk and make him awesome this time?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    I wouldn't mind seeing some of Thanos's Black Order.  It'd be interesting to see what they could do with a character like Ebony Maw, who usually covertly influences his enemies rather than attacking them directly.

If they really want to do another 5* hero and don't want a third Spider-Man, maybe they could do a second 5* Hulk and make him awesome this time?
    But if they did Hulk, I think the movie has Bruce Banner using Hulkbuster, then Hulking out and keeps going. So we’d have Hulkbuster transforming into Hulk and keeping all the weird issues that Bannerhulk has now.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

Contest of Champions just introduced Proxima Midnight. It'd be cool to have her in the game, whether as an opponent or playable character.

@JHawkInc yea I'm also wondering if they'll tweak their usual 4-4-5 release schedule for Infinity War, so that the release and whatever accompanying event syncs nicely with the movie's release. I wouldn't mind them waiting till 26 Apr for a new 5* though; gives us an extra week to stockpile iso and CP
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
     I've been seeing a lot of news about Proxima Midnight lately, specifically Carrie Coon (Justice for The Leftovers) being cast or was already cast, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 4* Proxima Midnight before Infinity War opens.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two quick things:  Thanos’ boss event, Come and Get Me, has not been run in a year. The last run was 4/27/17, so it would be both thematically appropriate to run with a new IW related 5, and long overdue.  (S6 was last summer with Homecoming.). Also, 5pidey followed a 3 week new character gap to match his release to the movie.

And FWIW, the news about Carrie Coon and Proxima Midnight got lots of attention partly because the voices of the Black Order (who appear to all be CGI) have been very hush-hush so far.  Part of the marketing/surprise factor for the movie, I think.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I seem to remember Thanos boss event was a lot of fun, matching the infinite stones did various things like AP gain and healing. Of course it might be completely different this time around. What would be extra awesome is if we got Crash of the Mad Titan too. B)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(4/17/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    "Behemoth Burrito:
    Lockjaw, Iron Man (Model 40), Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)"

Is this correct, @Brigby? Shouldn't it be a 4*, 3* and 2* team?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to the latest update we have a boss event starting on 4/19. With the Avengers movie coming out on 4/23, I don't see how this boss event could be anything but an updated Thanos boss battle. It would just be silly if it wasn't.

Do you think this will be one of those events where we get several new characters? Two 5* characters like we did with Civil War? Or maybe a 5*/3* and 4*? We're due for another 5*/3*, but I don't know who that would be as my guess is we're getting new versions of the familiar core characters. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    According to the latest update we have a boss event starting on 4/19. With the Avengers movie coming out on 4/23, I don't see how this boss event could be anything but an updated Thanos boss battle. It would just be silly if it wasn't.

Do you think this will be one of those events where we get several new characters? Two 5* characters like we did with Civil War? Or maybe a 5*/3* and 4*? We're due for another 5*/3*, but I don't know who that would be as my guess is we're getting new versions of the familiar core characters. 
    Fyi, despite Google claiming that the release date is 4/23/18, that’s the world premiere date in L.A.  The rest of the world have to wait until 4/27/18. If you are going to the premiere, congrats!

I am curious if we will get a new character prior to the movie release date.  A new 5 will be coming shortly either way....(since we are due)
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It opens 25th of April here
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    It opens 25th of April here

Same here, ANZAC Day, taking the family to the 12 noon show.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Boss event

Are we going to get red iso in node rewards or will we get mystery boosts due to "an oversight"

@Brigby
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:

Fyi, despite Google claiming that the release date is 4/23/18, that’s the world premiere date in L.A.  The rest of the world have to wait until 4/27/18. If you are going to the premiere, congrats!

I am curious if we will get a new character prior to the movie release date.  A new 5 will be coming shortly either way....(since we are due)
    You know, that's the date I had in my head and then I Googled it and saw 4/23 and just ran with that! If it's officially the 27th and we're getting the boss event now, that makes me wonder if they're going to run it twice, which they have certainly done for big events in the past, and releasing a different character with each run.