MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2018 Edition *Updated (4/27/18)

Options

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Smart80 said:
    Thanks. My question was semi sarcastic, saying she was not so memorable. But glad i did, as i hadnt recognized her as Michonne without the hair. So thanks for that too.

Nonetheless, picking her over Killmonger is just wrong...
    Or she must be vital in Infinity War (lets not discuss though, spoiler wise), but i think i would be pretty dissapointed if Okoye would steal the show, right?
    The simple answer is probably that heroes sell better than villains.  I'm sure they've got statistics to back this up.

While people play villains with awesome power sets (e.g. Vulture), I suspect mediocre heroes see more play than mediocre villains.
    Just on numbers alone they'd almost have to.

I've got 160 unique characters rostered

Going strictly by their in-game tags (so the 2* Magneto is a 'hero' while the 3* is not, for example)

Villains:

1*
    Juggernaut
    Venom
    Yelena Belova

2*
    Ares
    Bullseye
    Daken
    Moonstone

3*
    Bullseye
    Daken
    Doom
    Hood
    Loki
    Magneto
    Ock
    Ragnarok
    Sentry
    Thanos

4*
    Carnage
    Kingpin
    Kraven
    Mordo
    Red Hulk
    Sandman
    Venom
    Vulture

5*
    Archangel
    Green Goblin
    Ock
    Thanos

That's not quite 30 out of 160? Yeah, I'm reasonably sure heroes get more run than villains do from the playerbase. ;)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @brigby

I apologize if this has been asked before, and I realize it is just asking you to do more work, but...

Would it be possible for 4-day variant events to have them listed with the days breakdown so we can plan for the 48 hour sub?

For example: Webbed Wonder *4 day variant (2-1-1) to indicate the first sub is 2 days or 1-1-2 if it is the last one, etc.?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL said:
    jamesh said:
    Smart80 said:
    Thanks. My question was semi sarcastic, saying she was not so memorable. But glad i did, as i hadnt recognized her as Michonne without the hair. So thanks for that too.

Nonetheless, picking her over Killmonger is just wrong...
    Or she must be vital in Infinity War (lets not discuss though, spoiler wise), but i think i would be pretty dissapointed if Okoye would steal the show, right?
    The simple answer is probably that heroes sell better than villains.  I'm sure they've got statistics to back this up.

While people play villains with awesome power sets (e.g. Vulture), I suspect mediocre heroes see more play than mediocre villains.
    Just on numbers alone they'd almost have to.

I've got 160 unique characters rostered

Going strictly by their in-game tags (so the 2* Magneto is a 'hero' while the 3* is not, for example)

Villains:

1*
    Juggernaut
    Venom
    Yelena Belova

2*
    Ares
    Bullseye
    Daken
    Moonstone

3*
    Bullseye
    Daken
    Doom
    Hood
    Loki
    Magneto
    Ock
    Ragnarok
    Sentry
    Thanos

4*
    Carnage
    Kingpin
    Kraven
    Mordo
    Red Hulk
    Sandman
    Venom
    Vulture

5*
    Archangel
    Green Goblin
    Ock
    Thanos

That's not quite 30 out of 160? Yeah, I'm reasonably sure heroes get more run than villains do from the playerbase. ;)

I Think the reason heroes are considered more popular is that player engagement is higher during hero release events than villain release events - i. e. players play harder to get covers for a new hero than they do for a new villain.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on character designs like Kraven and Mordo, im sure you are right :-)
  • Superman_88
    Superman_88 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The duck is back
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(4/23/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby do you know if Hearts of Darkness will be 3 or 4 days this time? Thanks.
  • Psuwildthing
    Psuwildthing Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why Brigby is all the 4 start black panther awards Ted.  When will we get a chance to earn different colors?  Profession awards should be players choice.  It's so hard to get certain colors on these 4 and 5 star  characters and it makes the game not fun.  Also in pvp we should limit the number of 5 and 4 star heros to give newer players a chance to excel.  I e lvl 1-6 no 5 star characters and only 1 4 star.  Lvl 7 1 5 or 4 star lvl8 one of each and level 9 anything goes.  This way players can choose what level they want to play and the hardness will lie true to the level.  To many players are using super high characters on 6 and 7 keeping people from getting the better progression rewards. Also maybe do progression rewards on a by win count system.
  • Psuwildthing
    Psuwildthing Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Another thought maybe only let level 8 and 9 choose their color.
  • Quebbster
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Kahmon said:

I apologize if this has been asked before, and I realize it is just asking you to do more work, but...

Would it be possible for 4-day variant events to have them listed with the days breakdown so we can plan for the 48 hour sub?

For example: Webbed Wonder *4 day variant (2-1-1) to indicate the first sub is 2 days or 1-1-2 if it is the last one, etc.?
    Hmm...I don't usually have the specific sub-chapter details readily available, but I'll see what info I can dig up, the next time there is an event duration variation.

I Believe the older events (Unstable ISO, The Hunt, Meet Rocket and Groot) use the 24-48-24 model while the newer ones (Hearts of Darkness, Honor Among Thieves, Webbed Wonder) use the 48-24-24 model.

• Brigby
    Options
    granne said:
    Brigby do you know if Hearts of Darkness will be 3 or 4 days this time? Thanks.
    It's a 3-day event.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like we just had Cho as the 4-star essential not too long ago, but I'm probably making that up.

In either case it's always nice to have a run of Hearts of Darkness that isn't a release. The extra time that those wave nodes add to your end grind can be highly frustrating if you don't plan properly, so it's nice to not feel as obligated to go extra hard for this event as per usual. 
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like we just had Cho as the 4-star essential not too long ago, but I'm probably making that up.

In either case it's always nice to have a run of Hearts of Darkness that isn't a release. The extra time that those wave nodes add to your end grind can be highly frustrating if you don't plan properly, so it's nice to not feel as obligated to go extra hard for this event as per usual. 
    We had Cho not too long ago, but for Hearts of Darkness, it rewards Main Event Hulk, so he should be essential for the next PvE.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gravel said:

We had Cho not too long ago, but for Hearts of Darkness, it rewards Main Event Hulk, so he should be essential for the next PvE.
    Reading comprehension failure of epic proportion lol. Thanks for pointing that out  :D
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hearts of Darkness (4/26/18) *New Update*

I am shocked this is not the event release for the new 4* Black Widow.. unless of course it will be Venom Bomb

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Usually they have 2 weeks between characters unless they take a break (3 weeks off) and then release two characters a week apart. So, even though the movie is coming, their standard release pattern means that IWBW should be released next week.  That seems to be what they are doing.

The movie is almost 3 hours long with extra long credits, I’ve read. (Stay to the end) Not stressing about a new release PVE is OK with me.

It’s worth remembering that the movie release date moved up a week, at least in the US.  Which means that if it had held we’d have a new release on opening weekend (as usual for most Marvel movies).
  • Quebbster
    Options

C4ge boosted for Fist Bump... Interesting.

Heck, Antman could make an interesting third, giving Rainbow coverage and clearing the board for Cage's red...

• Brigby
    Options
    *(4/27/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.