MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2018 Edition *Updated (4/27/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As expected, the join forces nodes disappear as each sub closes.  I’m in S1.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Still old news, but guess it’ll have to do, if its too much trouble to get a simple official answer.
      That is an official answer. Insisting someone come here and repeat that answer is unreasonable.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    Still old news, but guess it’ll have to do, if its too much trouble to get a simple official answer.
      That is an official answer. Insisting someone come here and repeat that answer is unreasonable.s
    Once they did stay, once they didnt. I think that makes it very reasonable to ask for some clarification, it doesnt need much time either to respond, would it?

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
      That is an official answer. Insisting someone come here and repeat that answer is unreasonable.s
    Once they did stay, once they didnt. I think that makes it very reasonable to ask for some clarification, it doesnt need much time either to respond, would it?

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Considering what was quoted is the official response, i thought that was very reasonable...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So do people generally consider 5 weeks to be a fair amount of time between a 5* release and them being featured? How long was ghost rider? I don't remember.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and do not attack other players. Thank you!

In addition, please note that while I do try to answer as many questions as frequently as I can, I am only in office between 9:30am and 6:30pm PT (Give or take). Any questions presented outside of those hours I'm afraid will typically have to wait until I'm back in office for a response. Thank you for understanding.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Considering what was quoted is the official response, i thought that was very reasonable...

if that was an official answer to this situation, you would have been right, but that was just a reference to old news.. if i wanted old news, i would have taken the 2 month old topic for the truth, but i rather ask for current info. I still think thats more than reasonable when they changed things around before.

and if you dont like it, thats not my problem...
  • tiomono
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:

//Removed Insult -Brigby

if that was an official answer to this situation, you would have been right, but that was just a reference to old news.. if i wanted old news, i would have taken the 2 month old topic for the truth, but i rather ask for current info. I still think thats more than reasonable when they changed things around before.

And the way it is working currently as we can see because the event is live, matches the last official update we have on your question.

It is not old news it is official information. And until they decide to change it and update us that will continue to be the current official information.
  • Smart80
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Smart80 said:
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:

//Removed Insult -Brigby

And the way it is working currently as we can see because the event is live, matches the last official update we have on your question.

It is not old news it is official information. And until they decide to change it and update us that will continue to be the current official information.
    Thank you mr hindsight. 

Seriously, everybody stop making a fuss about a simple relevant question. And stop pretending d3 never made a change they turned back later please.
  • Smart80
    edited April 2018
    Options
    A conversation between Mr Wolf and Jules/Vincent comes to mind...

But I stick to my point, as it was unclear and lots of people were uncertain in other chats and apparently you as well fight.. Semi answering or suggesting its clear from old data, only prevents an up-to-date answer imo. 
    And telling me, “you see, in game, we were right” afterwards is showing just as much attitude.

Anyway, pretty please, with sugar on top, tell us if nodes stay or not from now on...
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I admit that one of my prior answers might be taken in a negative fashion. I apologize, it was not my intent to say “I told you so”, just to point out the behavior of the node to the community. 

The loaner node behavior is far too inconsistent between different events. Some events have one loaner on the main sub the entire event; some only have loaners on the subs; etc.  The recently run MRG has one that closes, then one that stays, then another that stays so there are two of them at the end.  (Can we all say “arrrgh!” ?)

However, the devs have not (that I recall) changed a loaner node’s behavior between runs of an event without notifying the community.  So despite FFW being new and changing from 1st to the 2nd run, it was expected that the 3rd + runs would be consistent with the second run (disappearing loaners each day.). Some (many?) events have been the same for years in this game and through many runs, so most vets have the expectation of “here’s another run of ______ to grind through, ho hum”.  So that may feed into the responses we give.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:

But I stick to my point, as it was unclear and lots of people were uncertain in other chats and apparently you as well fight.. Semi answering or suggesting its clear from old data, only prevents an up-to-date answer imo. 
    And telling me, “you see, in game, we were right” afterwards is showing just as much attitude.

Anyway, pretty please, with sugar on top, tell us if nodes stay or not from now on...
    That may be your opinion, but that opinion is not based in reality.  I have seen numerous times where users answer a question and @Brigby comes in after to either correct or confirm.  In fact, unless it's news no one knows about forum users always beat the official responses because we're generally hovering more actively then they are (which is good because their main job should be making the game).
  • bluewolf
    Options
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

That may be your opinion, but that opinion is not based in reality.  I have seen numerous times where posts answer a question and @Brigby comes in after to either correct or confirm.  In fact, unless it's news no one knows about forum users always beat the official responses because we're generally hovering more actively then they are (which is good because their main job should be making the game).
    Not to mention - the devs try to follow a reasonable work schedule, while us crazies check the forums and such all the live long day.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Unless we communicate a newer change that renders the information no longer valid, players can consider past announcements as still pertinent.

But to answer your question directly @Smart80, yes. The Join Forces missions that unlock new Sub-Chapters in Fight For Wakanda should still disappear after their Sub-Chapter concludes.
  • Smart80
    Options
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

That may be your opinion, but that opinion is not based in reality.  I have seen numerous times where users answer a question and @Brigby comes in after to either correct or confirm.  In fact, unless it's news no one knows about forum users always beat the official responses because we're generally hovering more actively then they are (which is good because their main job should be making the game).
    Well, you got saved on correct or confirm just now I see, eventhough I just made my final grind. Thanks Brigby.

The link to the info shows Feb 22, a thursday, saying the event tomorrow. Probably even gonna fight me on this too, but has an event ever started on a friday? Just saying, that time the info came late as well. Why not now? 

Have they always been consistent? HfH for 5*? Order of boosted 5* (latest)? Not really. Besides, I stick to the fact there is little precedent if an event ran twice with different settings...
    The amount of times I’ve seen the question pop up in several LINE chats tells me it wasnt unclear to me alone..

And is an admin really the same as a developer? (No offense)

but do you really wanna keep dragging this on? Im getting quite sick of having to defend myself from types as you and jhawk...
  • tiomono
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

Well, you got saved on correct or confirm just now I see, eventhough I just made my final grind. Thanks Brigby.

The link to the info shows Feb 22, a thursday, saying the event tomorrow. Probably even gonna fight me on this too, but has an event ever started on a friday? Just saying, that time the info came late as well. Why not now? 

Have they always been consistent? HfH for 5*? Order of boosted 5* (latest)? Not really. Besides, I stick to the fact there is little precedent if an event ran twice with different settings...
    The amount of times I’ve seen the question pop up in several LINE chats tells me it wasnt unclear to me alone..

but do you really wanna keep dragging this on? Im getting quite sick of having to defend myself from types as you and jhawk...
    Friday starts?
    I think it has but it seems like that last run of wakanda is the only Friday start I can find. I admit I do not pay much attention to starting days for events. Somebody probably has it all spreadsheeted out for the life of the whole game.

They do start predominantly Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

Of course I'm going to fight you on this because the link says February 21st, and you're just flat out factually wrong, and you are continuing to be needlessly negative over the fact that people tried to help you and you didn't like the response. But you then went from wanting an official response because the linked thread was "too old" (it wasn't) to saying Brigby doesn't count because he's not a developer, so I'm not sure what you plan to accomplish other than making the forums unpleasant for others.

You would not need to defend yourself if you took more care to express criticisms and concerns without attack others (in this case, the credibility of official sources). It's antagonistic in an unproductive way, and that's why you get called out on it.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    broll said:
    Smart80 said:

The link, if you went to it, was posted February 21, a Wednesday, and references "tomorrow" for the event starting on Thursday.  Which is completely normal. 

As to it being unclear and popping up in several line chats, it might be because the forum gets bogged down with unnecessary information and posts? 

A good example of this is a fair question about the nodes that was answered with the very next post.  Requiring more info, this expanded to 5 posts (counting that it was asked it twice).  Due to not accepting the answer, we are now up to 26(!) posts back and forth between half a dozen people.

Maybe, just maybe, all this extra back and forth clogs things up and people cant find any information? 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    Of course I'm going to fight you on this because the link says February 21st, and you're just flat out factually wrong, and you are continuing to be needlessly negative over the fact that people tried to help you and you didn't like the response.
    For what it is worth, the link shows February 22nd for me too.  The real explanation here is time zones.

From Brigby's perspective, the announcement post was made on the Wednesday and the event to started the following day.  For someone in e.g. Australia, the announcement post and the event start happened on Thursday.

This is just something people need to get used to when working with people spread around the globe.