MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2018 Edition *Updated (4/27/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Is FFWakanda the 3 or 4 day version?  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Brigby Is FFWakanda the 3 or 4 day version?  
    It's the 4 day version, which I believe will be the default, now that Shuri has been added to the game.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    A 4-day Fight For Wakanda would put the finish right around the time they typically announce the next 5* feeder.  If they stick with the pattern, it's either that event, or a 3-day following it.  If it's Nightcrawler as a feeder, maybe Archangel?

Edit - I forgot AA is still in Latest, the other two likely candidates would be Gambit and Phoenix. 
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2018
    We actually thought XFW might be a feeder.  NC would probably feed OML since they have the strongest lore connection. There has not yet been a Latest that is fed by a 4*, for good reason IMHO.  Latests are already the most likely 4/5 to get from a single pull in the game at 5%.

There is also speculation that there will not be a feeder this month due to Supports launching.
  • gravel
    bluewolf said:
    We actually thought XFW might be a feeder.  NC would probably feed OML since they have the strongest lore connection. There has not yet been a Latest that is fed by a 4*, for good reason IMHO.  Latests are already the most likely 4/5 to get from a single pull in the game at 5%.

There is also speculation that there will not be a feeder this month due to Supports launching.
    I completely forgot about OML.  :(
  • bluewolf
    gravel said:
    bluewolf said:

Poor OML.....nerfed into forgettability. (Is that a word?)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:

I hope that speculation will turn out to be paranoia.. feeders come slow enough as they are...
  • gravel
    Smart80 said:
    bluewolf said:

I hope that speculation will turn out to be paranoia.. feeders come slow enough as they are...
    I think one a month is a good rate, it can help players out without putting them in an Iso bind or HP bind if they need the roster slots.  I have three 5*s that are within a feeder of being able to champ, and while I would like them all to get feeders, I would not like them all to get feeders at the same time.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Wolverine (X-Force) - Yellow

I was hoping for a cover other than a yellow XFW. :/  Also, ugh Fight for Wakanda,
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    gravel said:
    bluewolf said:

Poor OML.....nerfed into forgettability. (Is that a word?)

Honestly, he wasn't nerfed too badly, he's still very useful in a number of circumstances and his post-claw yellow is actually somewhat better.  The big issue is that he wasn't really over-powered before, just way too useful to the entire player base.  The nerf sank his already middlin' stock a bit further.
  • Smart80
    gravel said:
    Smart80 said:
    bluewolf said:

I think one a month is a good rate, it can help players out without putting them in an Iso bind or HP bind if they need the roster slots.  I have three 5*s that are within a feeder of being able to champ, and while I would like them all to get feeders, I would not like them all to get feeders at the same time.
    I can see that problem, but with now 23 5*, its taking almost 2 years to assign feeders for all. Gotta admit thats awfully long, right? Not even gonna bother you with saying how long it’ll take to turn all 4* into feeders...

Maybe make it every 3 weeks, or at least do 2 for same 5* a month? Or 1 new and 1 for the one from last month? Plenty options to make it well managable, without taking forever..
  • gravel
    Smart80 said:
    I can see that problem, but with now 23 5*, its taking almost 2 years to assign feeders for all. Gotta admit thats awfully long, right? Not even gonna bother you with saying how long it’ll take to turn all 4* into feeders...

Maybe make it every 3 weeks, or at least do 2 for same 5* a month? Or 1 new and 1 for the one from last month? Plenty options to make it well managable, without taking forever..
    There's no indication they want to speed it up.  If it's one a month, and they keep the 4-4-5 release cycle with 2 weeks in between, they are actually catching up, just very slowly.  For reference, the daily rewards give a single 5* every 90 days, which is actually slower than they release, so they are actually losing ground on those.

Unfortunately, it's all speculation on our part, even the assumed one-a-month feeder.  Like you said, there's even a rumor it won't happen this month.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    The adjustments they made to the Fight For Wakanda Hazard tiles made it at least a little more bearable, but it is still the first event I've hated this much since The Hulk's 7-day slogfest against the Dark Avengers. Perhaps the protect tile day will be a lot more bearable with a champed Kraven.  
  • bluewolf
    The adjustments they made to the Fight For Wakanda Hazard tiles made it at least a little more bearable, but it is still the first event I've hated this much since The Hulk's 7-day slogfest against the Dark Avengers. Perhaps the protect tile day will be a lot more bearable with a champed Kraven.  
    Wait....protect tile day....boosted Sandman.....it might actually make sense to run Sandman for a sub....?
  • GrimSkald
    bluewolf said:
    Wait....protect tile day....boosted Sandman.....it might actually make sense to run Sandman for a sub....?

Unfortunately no - the trouble is the CDs convert all protect tiles to the enemy regardless of what created them.  It's a serous impediment to any protect tile creator, actually.  Unless you have a way of getting rid of your opponents protect tiles, definitely don't create any of your own...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Hmm, yeah. If you can Sand Smash before the Hazard flips the tiles. Heh, maybe that day is designed to make three of the most hated characters (Kraven, Sandman, and Venom (Eddie)) seem useful. I’d call Sandman the least useful of the three, since the enemy will still get at least one flipped tile when it gets created during their turn. Venom lets you just ignore the tiles entirely. Put him in to support 2 more usable characters and everything should be fine.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    GrimSkald said:
    bluewolf said:

Unfortunately no - the trouble is the CDs convert all protect tiles to the enemy regardless of what created them.  It's a serous impediment to any protect tile creator, actually.  Unless you have a way of getting rid of your opponents protect tiles, definitely don't create any of your own...
    Sand Smash at 5 will remove all friendly protects if one exists. Bluewolf knew what he was talking about.
    Edit: will do it at 4 as well, but might as well max the damage. That is, if there’s a friendly protect, SS creates 6, then sees that there are now 7, then removes them all and does damage.
  • GrimSkald
    zodiac339 said:
    GrimSkald said:
    bluewolf said:

Sand Smash at 5 will remove all friendly protects if one exists. Bluewolf knew what he was talking about.
    Edit: will do it at 4 as well, but might as well max the damage. That is, if there’s a friendly protect, SS creates 6, then sees that there are now 7, then removes them all and does damage.

That shows how much I use Sandman. :)
  • Smart80
    edited April 2018
    gravel said:
    Smart80 said:

There's no indication they want to speed it up.  If it's one a month, and they keep the 4-4-5 release cycle with 2 weeks in between, they are actually catching up, just very slowly.  For reference, the daily rewards give a single 5* every 90 days, which is actually slower than they release, so they are actually losing ground on those.

Unfortunately, it's all speculation on our part, even the assumed one-a-month feeder.  Like you said, there's even a rumor it won't happen this month.
    Im just wishing. A little positive though to balance negative speculation. That rumor wasnt mine btw
  • gravel
    Smart80 said:
    Im just wishing. A little positive though to balance negative speculation. That rumor wasnt mine btw
    Apparently we can forget all that anyway.  3 OML champ levels for me, and a week early anyway.  Now the question is, is this a sign of things to come?