MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2018 Edition *Updated (4/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    It opens 25th of April here

Same here, ANZAC Day, taking the family to the 12 noon show.

Same here. The US Always have to wait a Little longer for the premiere.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options

Shacknews had a story up that Thanos is the next boss event (Cached page).  Not a surprise that Thanos would be next given a certain movie.

Marvel's Infinity War

It’s the biggest cinema crossover event in history, and Marvel Puzzle Quest is going to be right in the thick of the action as the Thanos Boss Event returns to threaten the entire universe. Facing off against the Mad Titan are brand new versions of your favorite characters, starting with 5-Star Captain America and 4-Star Black Widow, both in their Marvel's Infinity War outfits. Black Widow will also be getting her own Versus campaign from 6 May, entitled Web of Spies.

More heroes and villains will follow throughout April and May, drawn from the blockbuster movie, but you’ll have to keep playing to find out who they might be…

Thanos won’t be conquering the galaxy alone, and his fiendish Black Order of cosmic villains are joining him as support characters. Think you can defeat the most powerful bad guy of all time, as well as hench-beings like Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian?

Of course, you can’t fight the Infinity War without the Infinity Stones, and they are also in the game as Support items. Can you handle the cosmic power of the Space Stone, the Mind Stone, Reality Stone, Power Stone, Time Stone, and Soul Stone? There’s only one way to find out!

Also another story here with more character release dates:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-mobile-games-set-avengers-infinity-war-updates-1103462

Marvel Puzzle Quest

April 19  In-game event begins. 

April 24  New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man/Iron Spider (May 31). 

Quick edit to add:
    @brigby - can you request info about more support tokens?  I was surprised to see none offered in the new Taco vault today.  With 6 more supports coming, actually earning supports (even 1-3* versions) is still very limited.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, uhm...spoilers!
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

April 24  New supports become available, including Children of Thanos and Infinity Stones. New characters include Captain America (April 19), Black Widow (May 3), Okoye (May 17) and Spider-Man/Iron Spider (May 31). 

If the pattern follows, that would make a second 5* Cap and a third 5* Spider-Man!  I can't wait for some more fleshed out information on this.  Will the new supports just be added to the tokens, or will some be earned in the Thanos boss event?  How many times will the Thanos boss event run?  Are we really getting two variants at the 5* tier in a row?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gravel said:
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

If the pattern follows, that would make a second 5* Cap and a third 5* Spider-Man!  I can't wait for some more fleshed out information on this.  Will the new supports just be added to the tokens, or will some be earned in the Thanos boss event?  How many times will the Thanos boss event run?  Are we really getting two variants at the 5* tier in a row?
    Hey you can never have enough 5* Spidermen.

Now just wait for the next 3 5* Wolvies.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

That doesn't excite me one bit. I would of preferred new characters not different versions of the ones we already have. Okoye is new and all, but we already have 2 characters from the Black Panther movie. I would of loved for Thano's Black Order to be released. Corvus glaive is a beast as I noticed in the "Infinity" comic series. I would of also loved to see Proxima Midnight or Ebony Maw as well. We need more villains in the game. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,615 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well assuming Widow is a 4* it at least makes a nice chain from the 1-5 tier for her.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

That doesn't excite me one bit. I would of preferred new characters not different versions of the ones we already have. Okoye is new and all, but we already have 2 characters from the Black Panther movie. I would of loved for Thano's Black Order to be released. Corvus glaive is a beast as I noticed in the "Infinity" comic series. I would of also loved to see Proxima Midnight or Ebony Maw as well. We need more villains in the game. 
    I'm not surprised at them releasing a bunch of re-hashes, but I can't act like I'm not still disappointed. In fact these re-hashes I've seen coming for a while since they announced the movie, though I didn't anticipate Okoye after they chose Shuri. My issue is that the 4-star tier is still missing Steve Rogers - why make ANOTHER 5? The 4-star tier is still missing Peter Parker, why make ANOTHER 5?  I'm well aware I could be speaking too soon, but that certainly follows the pattern. 
    4s don't make them money, 5s do.
    Simple as that.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a demoralizing kick in the pants to see the next 1.5 months releases just like that.  Supports don't do much to appease the upper tier's thirst for more content, and neither do more variants.  
  • Shintok17
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Well assuming Widow is a 4* it at least makes a nice chain from the 1-5 tier for her.

Yeah I think it will be where Widow and Okoye would be 4* and Cap and Spidey would be 5*'s. It goes with the 5*, 4*, 4*, 5* theme they got going on.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Bit more from Thanos side would indeed have been appreciated.

Who was Okoye again?

Also very dissapointed this suggest nothing from new Deadpool movie... :-(
  • Shintok17
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Who was Okoye again?

Okoye is the bald warrior in the Black Panther movie who is the same actress who plays Michonne in The Walking Dead TV Show. They are probably going to release Cable when the Deadpool 2 movie comes out.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    The Deadpool movie is coming out in mid-May. The linked article lists all new characters through the end of May. The earliest they could release Cable would be June 14.  Its hard to tie in to a movie that's been out for a month. Maybe when it is released to video? I wouldn't hold my breath for that either; I don't recall them ever doing a movie tie-in with a non-MCU movie.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Okoye is the bald warrior in the Black Panther movie who is the same actress who plays Michonne in The Walking Dead TV Show. They are probably going to release Cable when the Deadpool 2 movie comes out.
    I did not even realize that was the same actress.  Thanks.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Shintok17 said:
    Punter1 said:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

Who was Okoye again?

Thanks. My question was semi sarcastic, saying she was not so memorable. But glad i did, as i hadnt recognized her as Michonne without the hair. So thanks for that too.

Nonetheless, picking her over Killmonger is just wrong...
    Or she must be vital in Infinity War (lets not discuss though, spoiler wise), but i think i would be pretty dissapointed if Okoye would steal the show, right?

And as Blindman said, we’ll have to hope for home entertainment release for Cable or DP5*... But if someone is suited for big release event, i thought it would be Deadpool... 

PS. Now i understand why its better to not know too far ahead. Better to have hope than know he dissapointing facts.... :-( ;-)
  • Shintok17
    Options
    Punter1 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-mobile-games-set-avengers-infinity-war-updates-1103462

This is an anagram. The 1st letters of the new additions spell CTISCABWOSMIS which gives you SAM SITS WI CCOB, an obvious reference to eating corn on the cob at a picnic. Children of the Corn, a short story by Stephen King, was published in 1977. This was the height of the disco era. Dazzler confirmed!
     :D  :D  Oh man This made me laugh at the end. Dazzler makes it to every character release conversation in the forums one way or another.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

This is an anagram. The 1st letters of the new additions spell CTISCABWOSMIS which gives you SAM SITS WI CCOB, an obvious reference to eating corn on the cob at a picnic. Children of the Corn, a short story by Stephen King, was published in 1977. This was the height of the disco era. Dazzler confirmed!
    This is definitely my favorite one yet, and believe me, I've read them all for the past year and a half. A reason to laugh in the face of grim news is always appreciated. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Thanks. My question was semi sarcastic, saying she was not so memorable. But glad i did, as i hadnt recognized her as Michonne without the hair. So thanks for that too.

Nonetheless, picking her over Killmonger is just wrong...
    Or she must be vital in Infinity War (lets not discuss though, spoiler wise), but i think i would be pretty dissapointed if Okoye would steal the show, right?
    The simple answer is probably that heroes sell better than villains.  I'm sure they've got statistics to back this up.

While people play villains with awesome power sets (e.g. Vulture), I suspect mediocre heroes see more play than mediocre villains.