The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
       Whats the point of playing lich mastery in across ixalan except trolling the less than 10 turns objective for others?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because people just play the decks they are testing for standard currently rather than building for the event? It's not trolling at all, it just happens to be in the deck they want to play.

Trolling is ONLY if your _reason_ for doing it is to mess people up. Trolling is solely and completely about motive, not action.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Froggy said:
    gogol666 said:
    Training grounds is going to alternate between standard and legacy.
    I was so happy about 2.8 that I completely miss this silliness
    This is the lamest of lamest things that could have been done. After months and months of complaining and demands for standard TG - as well as - Legacy TG, they finally decided to give us half of what we asked for. I guess it was to be expected. I only have myself to blame for being naive. How could I have thought that there would be a major change in the game for the joy and benefit of all players? Shame on me!

And now, the second part of my rant - why on Earth is NoP a 2 (two!) day long event with such tiny kitty rewards??? That word I used “rewards” was totally misplaced. I’d hardly call it that. Either change it back to a one-day event or increase the rewards so they are worth the frustration of potential game crashes that steal these “rewards” while you’re running a perfect score”. Again, something that could have been decent - downgraded to something that it just annoying.
    Every time a new set is released, they choke the flow of resources to the players, probably to push us to pay cash.

I mean, I get that the incentive on their end to do this, but don't make it so extreme (thinking back to Rivals) where it's painstakingly obvious.  It just makes them look shifty.
    If the rewards for the TG are exactly the same, I'm curious what are you referring to as choking the flow of resources.
  • Bil
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Because people just play the decks they are testing for standard currently rather than building for the event? It's not trolling at all, it just happens to be in the deck they want to play.

Trolling is ONLY if your _reason_ for doing it is to mess people up. Trolling is solely and completely about motive, not action.
    You are absolutely right, i must confess i knew that already. That was merely bad faith and a false pretext to rant about the loss of time. ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    khurram said:
    Froggy said:
    gogol666 said:
    Training grounds is going to alternate between standard and legacy.
    I was so happy about 2.8 that I completely miss this silliness
    This is the lamest of lamest things that could have been done. After months and months of complaining and demands for standard TG - as well as - Legacy TG, they finally decided to give us half of what we asked for. I guess it was to be expected. I only have myself to blame for being naive. How could I have thought that there would be a major change in the game for the joy and benefit of all players? Shame on me!

And now, the second part of my rant - why on Earth is NoP a 2 (two!) day long event with such tiny kitty rewards??? That word I used “rewards” was totally misplaced. I’d hardly call it that. Either change it back to a one-day event or increase the rewards so they are worth the frustration of potential game crashes that steal these “rewards” while you’re running a perfect score”. Again, something that could have been decent - downgraded to something that it just annoying.
    Every time a new set is released, they choke the flow of resources to the players, probably to push us to pay cash.

I mean, I get that the incentive on their end to do this, but don't make it so extreme (thinking back to Rivals) where it's painstakingly obvious.  It just makes them look shifty.
    If the rewards for the TG are exactly the same, I'm curious what are you referring to as choking the flow of resources.
    When they released Rivals, a lot of events that originally had crystal progression rewards were replaced with runes, as a means to get players to buy packs with cash instead of in-game currency.  Though that was the most dramatic example, we had a similar lesser situation happen at the release of Dominaria.

From a marketing standpoint, it's a good move by Octagon.  But it can be inconvenient and frustrating from ours.
  • Bil
    edited July 2018
    Options
       I think the starvation time came mostly from the lack of events, not from the lack of rewards in those events. Oktagon introduced the most rewarding events in terms of time/rewards (AX, AJTH, AWR and the guaranteed mythics).
      However, the intense release of sets and expensive walkers, and the lack of recent boosters among rewards are the things that have put our currencies under pressure IMO because players are forced to spend crystals faster to keep their collection up to date.

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just spent almost 2900 crystals to open 9 big M19 packs. I will let people here who don't already know my story try to guess how many mythics I got (include dupes if you want too...)

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

ONE! One freaking mythic in 9 packs! (what a shocker, it was not a dupe... considering it was my first and only mythic in the new set)

What the hell guys?! Drop rates are random but this is the worst drop I've EVER had in this game.
    What's going on?!
    *enthusiasm gone*
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    I just spent almost 2900 crystals to open 9 big M19 packs. I will let people here who don't already know my story try to guess how many mythics I got (include dupes if you want too...)

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

ONE! One freaking mythic in 9 packs! (what a shocker, it was not a dupe... considering it was my first and only mythic in the new set)

What the hell guys?! Drop rates are random but this is the worst drop I've EVER had in this game.
    What's going on?!
    *enthusiasm gone*
    Are you from the future? I have no updates in app store or in app...
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Android is out... iOS is probabil still a bit behind... wait for it, it'll come real soon!
    And then y'all can start posting masterpieces and cool mythics all over the place.
    I'm out for the day... this ruined the release for me big time.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Android is out... iOS is probabil still a bit behind... wait for it, it'll come real soon!
    And then y'all can start posting masterpieces and cool mythics all over the place.
    I'm out for the day... this ruined the release for me big time.
    Sorry to hear about the tinykitty drops, mate :(
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Here’s a salty post for the new update!

Downloaded. App opens to to a static image of Jace walking away and a spinning circle. Nothing else. Circle ya been spinning for 5 minutes, no message of any kind. Can’t access inbox, vault, or chat.
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ditto. Something Went Wrong with this update.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s posted in the bugs forum as a general problem. Members in my coalition deleted and reinstalled the app, which solved the problem. Just be sure your account is linked to FB before you delete the app!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

What's going on?!
    *enthusiasm gone*

7 PP and not one mythic but I've already collected over 75% common and 65% uncommon which surprised the heck outta me. Also got 12 rares (not including dupes) from that same 7 PP. I broke down and bought an EP with jewels and got the bone dragon.  The average for DOM openings was 1 mythic in 5 PP... doesn't seem to be the case here.

Methinks the whole gripe about making EP non dupe came with a price …a lower chance of getting a mythic via pack openings.

Yay  -_-   

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Froggy said:
    It’s posted in the bugs forum as a general problem. Members in my coalition deleted and reinstalled the app, which solved the problem. Just be sure your account is linked to FB before you delete the app!
    Hm. I intend to uninstall this game exactly once. We're not in Windows 3.1 anymore, are we? There has to be a better way.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As long as you have FB linked, clearing app data should work too. Though I don't know if that's possible on iOS…
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I have an android but no update. Hmmmmm
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    For some reason, Hazoret's Undying Fury now requires confirmation to cast and, combining my unawareness of this change (since it wasn't in the damn notes!) and my finger spammy hurry this **** up-ness, I hit Not Now on it and subsequently lost a match.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Omniscience is the new art background...well that's not ominous 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The drop rates depicted on M19 packs are lower than DOM. The drop rates for M19 elite pack are also lower than their DOM and RIX counterparts.