The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, no way I'm bothering to craft HOU. I only have the blue hour, Uncage, Swarm Intelligence, Djeru, Unesh, Fraying Sanity, and Torment of Hailfire of HOU mythics.

Uncage + Torgar seems like an interesting combo though, especially with some good token generators. Torgar doesn't blast his own reinforcements, so if you get out 17 of him he'll be free. Saproling tokens are probably the fastest in standard, especially if I get Tendershoot Dryad. That'd reduce the Torgars, but probably be worth it. I wonder how well Torgar would work in a Legacy Liliana 2 deck with her ultimate, Prized Amalgam, a bunch of loyalty conversion, kill spells, and Dowsing Dagger? I have all those pieces, but my Liliana 2 is level 1. I have other Planeswalkers I'd rather level up, but eventually I might try it.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3 elite mythic packs later I still don't have Omniscience.

Best.gambling.luck.ever.

*waves tiny flag*
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Start match.....

Turn one.....match 4 horizontal. no other choice.
    favourable drop for ai. 5 match available in its colour

Turn one ai. ignores 5 match in its colour. takes 4 match vertical not in its colour. vertical cascades causes vertical and horizontal matches. 52 mana gained turn one.......
  • FindingHeart8
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Start match.....

Turn one ai. ignores 5 match in its colour. takes 4 match vertical not in its colour. vertical cascades causes vertical and horizontal matches. 52 mana gained turn one.......
    so, about that cascading issue... O.o
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Start match.....

Because any veteran player would do that same move as the AI, right? *cough*cough*... 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Best.gambling.luck.ever.

*waves tiny flag*

Maybe you used it on those dragons.  :|
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    khurram said:

Best.gambling.luck.ever.

*waves tiny flag*

Maybe you used it on those dragons.  :|
    ha!  That was a pretty good bout of luck, especially with no guarantees at the time.  Thanks for reminding me of my 1 time having good luck with elites ever.  It was brief yet glorious ;)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So they nerfed Cycling but left Omniscience untouched.  I am very angry about this.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    they're also nerfing Shrine of the Forsaken Gods.

Increasing it's mana cost by 2 may not seem like a big deal, but that basically adds an additional turn needed to cast it for most planeswalkers, which in highly-competitive matches is not something that is easily affordable.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options

Increasing it's mana cost by 2 may not seem like a big deal, but that basically adds an additional turn needed to cast it for most planeswalkers, which in highly-competitive matches is not something that is easily affordable.

That change doesn't just affect you... but your opponent as well. Shouldn't see a major problem in highly competitive matches because they can't afford it anymore than you can. Lol

• Froggy
    Options

But Drownyard Temple comes down by two mana, matching Shrine... I think it’s general rebalancing. I’m ok with that.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

That change doesn't just affect you... but your opponent as well. Shouldn't see a major problem in highly competitive matches because they can't afford it anymore than you can. Lol

I haven't seen many opponents start a match playing a Shrine of Forsaken Gods.  I suspect it might get a lower priority to gem-converting supports, which I've seen the AI play much more frequently played turn 1 or 2.  Maybe your experience was different tho
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

I haven't seen many opponents start a match playing a Shrine of Forsaken Gods.  I suspect it might get a lower priority to gem-converting supports, which I've seen the AI play much more frequently played turn 1 or 2.  Maybe your experience was different tho
    I face shrine maybe 2 out 5 matches
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

I face shrine maybe 2 out 5 matches
    it's so weird how different players can consistently face diverse strategies.  I think I see a Shrine of the Forsaken Gods once in every 50 or so matches, however I see the standard 2-mana generating HoD pillar approx 1 every 15 matches
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Training grounds is going to alternate between standard and legacy.
    I was so happy about 2.8 that I completely miss this silliness
  • Froggy
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    This is the lamest of lamest things that could have been done. After months and months of complaining and demands for standard TG - as well as - Legacy TG, they finally decided to give us half of what we asked for. I guess it was to be expected. I only have myself to blame for being naive. How could I have thought that there would be a major change in the game for the joy and benefit of all players? Shame on me!

And now, the second part of my rant - why on Earth is NoP a 2 (two!) day long event with such tiny kitty rewards??? That word I used “rewards” was totally misplaced. I’d hardly call it that. Either change it back to a one-day event or increase the rewards so they are worth the frustration of potential game crashes that steal these “rewards” while you’re running a perfect score”. Again, something that could have been decent - downgraded to something that it just annoying.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Froggy said:
    gogol666 said:
    This is the lamest of lamest things that could have been done. After months and months of complaining and demands for standard TG - as well as - Legacy TG, they finally decided to give us half of what we asked for. I guess it was to be expected. I only have myself to blame for being naive. How could I have thought that there would be a major change in the game for the joy and benefit of all players? Shame on me!

And now, the second part of my rant - why on Earth is NoP a 2 (two!) day long event with such tiny kitty rewards??? That word I used “rewards” was totally misplaced. I’d hardly call it that. Either change it back to a one-day event or increase the rewards so they are worth the frustration of potential game crashes that steal these “rewards” while you’re running a perfect score”. Again, something that could have been decent - downgraded to something that it just annoying.
    Every time a new set is released, they choke the flow of resources to the players, probably to push us to pay cash.

I mean, I get that the incentive on their end to do this, but don't make it so extreme (thinking back to Rivals) where it's painstakingly obvious.  It just makes them look shifty.
  • ifsandbuts
    ifsandbuts Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Two Training Grounds or LEAVE IT ALONE.
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You need Sagas to get your points.  So we put 3 in deck.  First one drawn turn 30.  I post the miraculous things that happen in game and everyone says bad luck.  Bad luck has cost me another 2 hours on a sunday as i wait for cards.  Seems to happen all the time now.  Ohh and if your lucky enough to win game freezes when done.  But here some new cards for you to buy and your others are now trash.  Im beggining to really hate myself for liking this game.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's why I use the Weatherlight they give you to fetch my sagas! Of course, that doesn't help much when the AI manages to bounce it three times before I finally get three sagas… I just couldn't dig out my Kinjalli's Sunwing until after I'd gotten all three sagas anyways.