The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blazer said:
    So I have all the rares in Dominaria and decided to take a gamble on the rare+ PP and got a Akroma and a dupe Amber Mox, so I got lucky but you can still pull dupes from the rare+ pack FYI
    Erm, they never said you couldn't. Read the release notes people.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:

the new update... saved up orbs and jewels. Pulled Phyrexian artifice and destroy saga [read as "We are Borg" saga], Mishra's duplicator thingy, rebirth (...from a graveyard, wrap your head around that one) , The lonely king of giant monkey mountain, and Lich's "I... Am... Invincible! *air fist pump*" mastery and the pricey oxymoron named masterpiece, living death.

Aside from Lich, I'm not sure I'm that excited anymore.

upside: The remaining 6 cards [not including MPs] that I am seeking are Mythics and all are good cards. So, I have that going for me at least.

Never thought I'd see someone complaining about getting rebirth and living death
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now i am rarely if ever on the nerf train, but something to make Lichs Mastery a little less unstoppable would be nice.  Keep losing matches to Bolases who cascade into casting like 3 or 4 of them.  Not enough suppoert in Elspeths colors to take all those out :/
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Now i am rarely if ever on the nerf train, but something to make Lichs Mastery a little less unstoppable would be nice.  Keep losing matches to Bolases who cascade into casting like 3 or 4 of them.  Not enough suppoert in Elspeths colors to take all those out :/
    There are 3 support destruction spells in white. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    As I said BOLAS IS OP !
  • bk1234
    edited July 2018
    If you’re playing Sphinx’s Decree in HoD, you’re on my "not cool, man" list. 

How does that thing ALWAYS tuck itself in a corner?
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    bken1234 said:
    If you’re playing Sphinx’s Decree in HoD, you’re on my "not cool, man" list. 

How does that thing ALWAYS tuck itself in a corner?

Pfft, I wanna know why mine always puts itself right next to 2 gems to match with immediately the next turn.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    I spent 30 turns trying to remove a Lichs Mastery in HoD. Bottom right corner and despite casting four support removal, they destroyed other supports instead.
    Got him in the end and won the match with the 30dmg but it was painstakingly boring.
  • FindingHeart8
    bken1234 said:
    There are 3 support destruction spells in white. 
    Okay fair, but that's still an excessive amount of support destruction to put in a single deck for a Just in Case scenario :/
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    khurram said:
    Blazer said:
    So I have all the rares in Dominaria and decided to take a gamble on the rare+ PP and got a Akroma and a dupe Amber Mox, so I got lucky but you can still pull dupes from the rare+ pack FYI
    Erm, they never said you couldn't. Read the release notes people.
    Wow, i did read the release notes but with all the bugs I thought i'd be the tester and confirmed it. I guess that wasn't my good deed for the day :( 
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    khurram said:
    Gunmix25 said:

the new update... saved up orbs and jewels. Pulled Phyrexian artifice and destroy saga [read as "We are Borg" saga], Mishra's duplicator thingy, rebirth (...from a graveyard, wrap your head around that one) , The lonely king of giant monkey mountain, and Lich's "I... Am... Invincible! *air fist pump*" mastery and the pricey oxymoron named masterpiece, living death.

upside: The remaining 6 cards [not including MPs] that I am seeking are Mythics and all are good cards. So, I have that going for me at least.

Never thought I'd see someone complaining about getting rebirth and living death

Never though I would see someone complain about other peoples complaints on a thread about letting off steam. Maybe he doesn't like playing black, I new a kid growing up who's mom wouldn't let him play black, I was on the good end of a lot of one-sided trades because of cards he couldn't have.
  • FindingHeart8
    Blazer said:
    khurram said:
    Gunmix25 said:

Never though I would see someone complain about other peoples complaints on a thread about letting off steam. Maybe he doesn't like playing black, I new a kid growing up who's mom wouldn't let him play black, I was on the good end of a lot of one-sided trades because of cards he couldn't have.
    wow...the kid couldn't play black in mtg??  Poor kid, that's like every deck I own.  He missed out on the best color.

I hope he grew up to become a mono-black playing goth.  Fly free little zombie-demon-crow, fly freeeeee
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got akroma. Meh.
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    So a new player in our Coalition talks about getting a Masterpiece from a 120 pack.  Petition church for sainthood?

Really my rant...AI has exactly the card he needs 90% of time now.  The game has gotten so preditable.   It makes it easier and more frustrating in the fact that you can only use your best cards (for me slaughter pact in every deck). 

Paper magic is great sitting across from someone and playing.  Now imagine that oppenent's #1 priority is to get you to buy more.  Only then can I reach the place where I accept the fact that it's really not Magic the Gathering and business comes first.

• FindingHeart8
    I just packed my first Gilded Lotus and I can't even really complain about it because it was from a singleton basic booster, I wan't to complain but I guess I really can't, but I want to...
  • bk1234
    I didn't get to finish AX because of the server issues. 

I could really care less about the 20 crystals, but I had a Teferi deck I was testing and it's the only place to really test standard decks. Now I have to wait another week. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    grrr ! They can shove Hour of Promise where the sun don't shine....Card is broken !
  • FindingHeart8
    grrr ! They can shove Hour of Promise where the sun don't shine....Card is broken !
    yeah it's suuuuuper good.  And another one of those cards that I'll never get until it hits legacy :'(
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I thought Uncage the Menagerie was going to be one of those cards for me, then I opened it from the RotGP reward pack! HoP I don't have though, plus I don't have Ghalta to really break Uncage… 1835 orbs, 9 RIX mythics left… I have every other non-dragon RIX card though! 1/5 on masterpieces, the black one.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    I loved Uncage until I got Reason which just functions better in keeping the HuF/HoP engine going.

Currently, I'm just sullen about the realization that I'll likely never get HoD (3/5 Hours - Black, Blue, and Green), Pride Sovereign (Just so I can complete my cat collection), Crested Sunmare, or Imminent Doom. There are too many good mythics from RIX I need to craft for me to go back to HOU and craft those.