The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:
    Just had the most painful Across Ixalan experience, 1 point off from completing any secondary objective 3 times, and game froze as I was about to win 2 games in a row.  Yarrrgh
    Wait — there are secondary objectives in AX? 
    Yeah. They're things like 'kill em as fast as you would anyway' and 'cast a whole bunch o creatures like you would anyway'
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    I think I'm done. I've been fleeced one too many times now. I mean, I knew it was going on, but this time is just too much. 800 pinks and $50 this morning for 3 Josu Vess dupes when I already had one. Sorry, but enough is enough.

I've put over $2k into this stupid game, and I'm well aware how insane that is. I always figured as long as I'm being entertained and sinking countless hours into something I enjoy and I'm helping support development for other players as well, I'm okay with dropping money on it. But this is the second time I've been routed like this, the first time was x4 Beckett Brass dupes (when she rotated into packs) after purchasing her as an exclusive.

I wish I could gift someone my cards, but I'm just gonna uninstall, file a complaint with Apple citing that dupes circumvent % chances on loot boxes by adding a distinct layer of **** RNG on top of RNG.

And no, I can't really play for free as I really like to collect the cards and brew decks. It's a personal weakness of mine when it comes to CCGs. It is what it is. I recognize my irrational behavior.

Anyway, I'm stupid for sinking so much money into this game, but I also feel I've been taken for a ride by deceitful practices. Bye mtgpq, it's been real. I'm sure the door will hit me on the way out too.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quantius said:
    I think I'm done. I've been fleeced one too many times now. I mean, I knew it was going on, but this time is just too much. 800 pinks and $50 this morning for 3 Josu Vess dupes when I already had one. Sorry, but enough is enough.

I've put over $2k into this stupid game, and I'm well aware how insane that is. I always figured as long as I'm being entertained and sinking countless hours into something I enjoy and I'm helping support development for other players as well, I'm okay with dropping money on it. But this is the second time I've been routed like this, the first time was x4 Beckett Brass dupes (when she rotated into packs) after purchasing her as an exclusive.

I wish I could gift someone my cards, but I'm just gonna uninstall, file a complaint with Apple citing that dupes circumvent % chances on loot boxes by adding a distinct layer of tinykitty RNG on top of RNG.

And no, I can't really play for free as I really like to collect the cards and brew decks. It's a personal weakness of mine when it comes to CCGs. It is what it is. I recognize my irrational behavior.

Anyway, I'm stupid for sinking so much money into this game, but I also feel I've been taken for a ride by deceitful practices. Bye mtgpq, it's been real. I'm sure the door will hit me on the way out too.
    I'm sorry to hear your experience has been so cruddy, I really am :(

I hope you were at least able to get something neat out of all the orbs you got.
  • FindingHeart8
    httpwwwmybligrcomwp-contentuploads201702cat-meme-quote-funny-humor-grumpy-Photos-pics-images-pictures-wallpaper-12jpg

uuuuggghhhhh

• Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Just lost my game after accepting some terms after logging in. Had to go through the tutorial just to send a ticket. Now the wait starts... I don't do the Facebook thing..blah blah..
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aeroplane said:
    Just lost my game after accepting some terms after logging in. Had to go through the tutorial just to send a ticket. Now the wait starts... I don't do the Facebook thing..blah blah..
    Ouch...

Maybe make a "placebo" facebook account with a spare email address, settings locked down and don't do _anything_ else with it but login to games?

The convenience is worth it, but I totally understand not wanting them prying.
  • Aeroplane
    Kinesia said:
    Aeroplane said:
    Ouch...

Maybe make a "placebo" facebook account with a spare email address, settings locked down and don't do _anything_ else with it but login to games?

The convenience is worth it, but I totally understand not wanting them prying.
    And just got Jaya and was ready to sit down to give her run...Well, I'll just fantasize that their hamsters are on strike.
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Is it just me or do I get way los combos with the colors of my PW? It’s exhausting playing only with 2- and 3-mana combos, ugh.
  • Aeroplane
    No response today. Looks like another day without magic.Has me a little worried considering how much money I invested in this game.
  • FindingHeart8
    5:00pm should get here faster
  • Aeroplane
    edited June 2018
    Even though I'm waiting for my ticket to be resolved as my account was reset with the latest server prompt for facebook, google play...., I had a good laugh. With nothing to do for the last 3 days, I checked out my previous game , Puzzle and Dragons that had my full attention for over 3 years before moving to this one. The new event is a MTG collab with the likes of Karn, Bolas and other various PWS being released. The irony..
  • FindingHeart8
    I want to rant about this thread. How do you turn off notifications for it? Every time I notified  it's only for this stupid thread, it's kind of annoying. 
    I don't think this thread is stupid, I think it's actually pretty cool that there are threads players return to.  But yeah, it would be cool if they put in a feature to mute threads you commented in earlier but are no longer participating 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to rant about this thread. How do you turn off notifications for it? Every time I notified  it's only for this stupid thread, it's kind of annoying. 
    You have to turn off all notifications and then bookmark the threads you want to follow going forward. 
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    I suppose you could also go through each page, one by one, and delete all your comments too
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I know everybody here already has karn, but if you don't go to the vault and see what valuetown really means
  • FindingHeart8
    gogol666 said:
    I know everybody here already has karn, but if you don't go to the vault and see what valuetown really means
    I don't have Karn yet.  Wait...are you saying he's available for crystals now?

httpscdn4littlethingscomappuploads201410enhanced-buzz-15969-1376328806-29jpg

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Which thread is this?
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    gogol666 said:
    Which thread is this?
    that...is a fair point. lol

$40 and you can purchase Karn...woooo...

he'll never be available for crystals :'(
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    gogol666 said:
    Which thread is this?
    that...is a fair point. lol

$40 and you can purchase Karn...woooo...

he'll never be available for crystals :'(
    This is the same thing they did with Bolas. 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    RNG

Needed to draw one card to win, Demolish to remove a Lichs Mastery. 34 rounds later and BAM! But only loyalty matches possible on the board and I lost the next turn.