The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Since this last weekend (and part of why I was so salty about Bo4T) was that this was happening a lot, and by a lot I mean consistently and to the point where I think Hour of Promise only matched gems a couple of times for the entire weekend.

https://imgur.com/a/5ZsmAIh

This morning, here it is again. Maybe it's 5+ days of bad RNG, but I really think they changed something, I'm beginning to feel like it's a liability to include because the AI just eats all those cascades the following turn.
    You're mad for getting at least two extra swaps?
  • Quantius
    Quantius Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Since this last weekend (and part of why I was so salty about Bo4T) was that this was happening a lot, and by a lot I mean consistently and to the point where I think Hour of Promise only matched gems a couple of times for the entire weekend.

This morning, here it is again. Maybe it's 5+ days of bad RNG, but I really think they changed something, I'm beginning to feel like it's a liability to include because the AI just eats all those cascades the following turn.
    No, getting mad cause I lose the next turn. I cast Hour of Promise, board hangs with no matches, AI gets extra swaps and cascades and takes over the game in a single turn all on the back of a card I cast in order to help me.

And also, not because it happened once or twice or three times. It's been happening almost non-stop for me so I don't really understand if I'm just having an entire week of bad RNG or something was changed.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Quantius said:

No, getting mad cause I lose the next turn. I cast Hour of Promise, board hangs with no matches, AI gets extra swaps and cascades and takes over the game in a single turn all on the back of a card I cast in order to help me.

And also, not because it happened once or twice or three times. It's been happening almost non-stop for me so I don't really understand if I'm just having an entire week of bad RNG or something was changed.
    Yeah, I just now figured what went wrong in my head... Came to edit my comment, but too late!
  • Quantius
    Options
    Quantius said:
    Quantius said:

Yeah, I just now figured what went wrong in my head... Came to edit my comment, but too late!
    Fair enough =). I'm not actually a salty person IRL lol. I just like to complain.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've noticed the refusal to make matches with my Path to Discovery Vampire deck. It once managed to get to the point where my vampires wouldn't explore because the entire board was white, loyalty, or supports. I had a big enough creature to win at that point, but it still seemed ridiculous.
  • Stormbringer0
    Stormbringer0 Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DBJones said:
    I've noticed the refusal to make matches with my Path to Discovery Vampire deck. It once managed to get to the point where my vampires wouldn't explore because the entire board was white, loyalty, or supports. I had a big enough creature to win at that point, but it still seemed ridiculous.
    Pics or it didn’t happen :tongue:

Or at least a deck list
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    DBJones said:

Or at least a deck list
    Forerunner
     of the legion, legion conquistador, path of discovery. That's it. Once it gets going, it only stops when all gems are white, supports, loyalty,void, energized or activated..that can take a while
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DBJones said:

Or at least a deck list
    Forerunner
     of the legion, legion conquistador, path of discovery. That's it. Once it gets going, it only stops when all gems are white, supports, loyalty,void, energized or activated..that can take a while
    I have absolutely no intention of replicating this combo.

none whatsoever

nope
  • Quantius
    Options
    DBJones said:

Or at least a deck list
    Forerunner
    I died of old age just thinking about it.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    You should pray that at that time, the support from huatlies first ability is either white and gets soon destroyed or already destroyed. If it's green and in a corner.. Expect several thousand loyalty
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You should pray that at that time, the support from huatlies first ability is either white and gets soon destroyed or already destroyed. If it's green and in a corner.. Expect several thousand loyalty
    It would be cool if Huatli2's loyalty ability gave you loyalty at the same speed Mirrorpool or any other card that gave something full-mana worked.  I'd appreciate getting all my loyalty at once rather than having to set my phone down for several minutes and wait for it to accumulate.

At some points I actually try to avoid matches of my color just to speed the game up :/
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The cascades are horrible. They promote new cards for you to buy but when it actually comes to playing you cant get them out to boars or they are dead in one turn becuase your opponent geta 30-100 mana a turn.  come on guys, turn up the AI int and turn down the mana they receive.  this is rediculous.  I feel like a spectator when playing.  What other hobby, pastime or endevour do you purchase supplys for but cannot use when you are partaking in that activity?  Yay i got new cards but they mean nada. 
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    400 Jewel ....2nd DOM dupe. Only own 2 mythics in there
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just pulled Akroma's Vengeance from the first AWR reward pack. Quick, someone tell me a deck that I would even want to use this in...
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trying to test a new Vraska deck in TG, faced Koth x4 with Emrakul/Pig/Ulrich/Olivia variants and got stomped in 3-5 turns without getting a chance to try different cards in my deck.
    Now I have to wait to regenerate.

Best place to try new decks!
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Trying to test a new Vraska deck in TG, faced Koth x4 with Emrakul/Pig/Ulrich/Olivia variants and got stomped in 3-5 turns without getting a chance to try different cards in my deck.
    Now I have to wait to regenerate.

Best place to try new decks!
    Maybe you can test in heroic encounters in story mode: more runes, easy match and more color mastery. Of course, more boring too
  • Quantius
    Options
    STOP. THE. CASCADES.

I just dropped my coalition out of the 11-25 bracket due to two straight losses against Zhalfarin Void. It had me locked down immediately. Voidmage, Auramancer, Dampening Sphere, Trickster, Loyalty ability ready and extra swamps from the word go both games. Takes 3-4 turns to cast something with sphere out, hand fills up so I can't dig effectively without taking a ton of damage from exiling cards, no creature stays on board, and even after managing a couple demolishes, Dampening sphere was back out the next turn. So ****. I'm so sick of cascading ****.

You have stupid AI, fine, you should improve it. But you don't need to give the AI perma-Omniscience to compensate. It's not fun when you win or lose on a coin-flip. If you want this level of RNG, then why not just roll it right away and instead of wasting my time letting me play it out, just say "You lose" immediately after I join the encounter.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, those crazy cascades suck. I was testing something and the first Nissa heroic encounter nearly killed me.

For Zhalfarin in particular there's a few things that can help. Using a Planeswalker with more focused mana gains (I use Huatli, Radiant Champion, the G/W one) mitigates the effect of Damping Sphere somewhat. Also, if you have Kinjalli's Sunwing it'll prevent all of his etb effects and he has no way to get rid of it.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quantius said:
    STOP. THE. CASCADES.

I just dropped my coalition out of the 11-25 bracket due to two straight losses against Zhalfarin Void. It had me locked down immediately. Voidmage, Auramancer, Dampening Sphere, Trickster, Loyalty ability ready and extra swamps from the word go both games. Takes 3-4 turns to cast something with sphere out, hand fills up so I can't dig effectively without taking a ton of damage from exiling cards, no creature stays on board, and even after managing a couple demolishes, Dampening sphere was back out the next turn. So tinykitty. I'm so sick of cascading tinykitty.

You have stupid AI, fine, you should improve it. But you don't need to give the AI perma-Omniscience to compensate. It's not fun when you win or lose on a coin-flip. If you want this level of RNG, then why not just roll it right away and instead of wasting my time letting me play it out, just say "You lose" immediately after I join the encounter.
    I used N1 with song of Freyalise and slice in twain. If you can beat ‘em, join ‘em? Fairly certain I won the cascade battle. 
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,079 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's no concrete evidence that AI Cascades more than the players. We just tend to forget our crazy Mana turns because.. well, we're just that good. Right?