The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TotP!!!  Ugh, since it's unrestricted (non-standard), it really needs more charges (or reduce the number of wins to achieve full rewards).  The number of times I've faced (and lost to) crazy, awesome, winning-handily-one-minute-but-the-match-turns-on-me-in-one-round decks is ridiculous.  By the way, I applaud whoever made those decks.  :blush:

Someone said it well in another thread, something about the most enjoyable part of TG is making funky decks in a consequence-free setting where you're almost guaranteed full rewards.

I believe all the dailies should be this way, and especially if the event is unrestricted.  I accept the grind, but losing any daily reward is frustrating.

Now, when it comes to events with single-player leaderboards, I wouldn't mind if they were harder -- that is, getting every objective being nearly impossible/improbable.  It's daunting to know that you have to be perfect to score the top tier reward because there will be more than a handful of players who score perfectly and overflow the top tier.  And congrats to you perfect fellas.  ;)

In the last 2 events (HoD and RtO), I came as close to perfect as I've ever been (just missed only 1 objective on each one) and ended up tied for 8th and 12th, respectively.  2nd tier rewards here were nothing to sneeze at, but double the amount of jewels (300 instead of 150) would have been fantastic!

I didn't encounter any bugs/crashes that made me lose points, and I sympathize if it's happened to you.  :(
    Each loss of points (even the smallest amount) can have a big impact on which tier you end up in.

Well, if the objectives were harder, I may never reach the top tier, but perhaps I'll be more hopeful.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheBigBad said:
    TotP!!!  Ugh, since it's unrestricted (non-standard), it really needs more charges (or reduce the number of wins to achieve full rewards).  The number of times I've faced (and lost to) crazy, awesome, winning-handily-one-minute-but-the-match-turns-on-me-in-one-round decks is ridiculous.  By the way, I applaud whoever made those decks.  :blush:

Someone said it well in another thread, something about the most enjoyable part of TG is making funky decks in a consequence-free setting where you're almost guaranteed full rewards.

I believe all the dailies should be this way, and especially if the event is unrestricted.  I accept the grind, but losing any daily reward is frustrating.

Now, when it comes to events with single-player leaderboards, I wouldn't mind if they were harder -- that is, getting every objective being nearly impossible/improbable.  It's daunting to know that you have to be perfect to score the top tier reward because there will be more than a handful of players who score perfectly and overflow the top tier.  And congrats to you perfect fellas.  ;)

In the last 2 events (HoD and RtO), I came as close to perfect as I've ever been (just missed only 1 objective on each one) and ended up tied for 8th and 12th, respectively.  2nd tier rewards here were nothing to sneeze at, but double the amount of jewels (300 instead of 150) would have been fantastic!

I didn't encounter any bugs/crashes that made me lose points, and I sympathize if it's happened to you.  :(
    Each loss of points (even the smallest amount) can have a big impact on which tier you end up in.

Well, if the objectives were harder, I may never reach the top tier, but perhaps I'll be more hopeful.
    I see what you're saying.

Welcome to the forums btw as I see this is your first post.  Also your profile pic and avatar are awesome.  I was a huge Buffy and Calvin and Hobs fan :D
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AI green = Gemswaps to green and Zendikars Roil. With the added creature steal also.

All matches sofar (played five) has been this combo. Sometimes I manage to fend off the waves and sometimes not. But they take forever with constant animations of tokens spawning. And the gem explosions over and over and over.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    so, them nerfs...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so, them nerfs...
    I'm just glad Jousting Lance won't be terrorizing TG anymore.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, those nerfs… I had more to say, but the several threads said it all anyway.

Also, I'm curious what FindingHeart thinks of Haphazard Bombardment. I remember someone on here wanted more random cards in red, and I thought it was you…
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Playing an event based on Zendikar and seeing dinosaurs.......
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agree on all dinos except etali. That Dino is pure madness and so totally fits the flavor!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DBJones said:
    Yeah, those nerfs… I had more to say, but the several threads said it all anyway.

Also, I'm curious what FindingHeart thinks of Haphazard Bombardment. I remember someone on here wanted more random cards in red, and I thought it was you…
    it's definitely a step in the right direction.  I'm hoping for more random shenanigans the further this game develops ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Agree on all dinos except etali. That Dino is pure madness and so totally fits the flavor!
    they should rename Etali: "Niv's Temperamental Cousin."  Flavortext: Starts all the debates at all the family dinners.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DBJones said:

it's definitely a step in the right direction.  I'm hoping for more random shenanigans the further this game develops ;)

It's also more experimentation in dealing with the match3 part by doing weird things with the board, anything like that is good.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    DBJones said:

It's also more experimentation in dealing with the match3 part by doing weird things with the board, anything like that is good.
    agreed :)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    I wish I knew when the release date was...

*twiddles thumbs*
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    ^They'll be sure to let you know after it passes.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The quiet before the release..... played out A.I. and TG. Not really inspired to play much else because my greedy brain wants to play with new cards. 

*crickets chirping*

Hmm..... *grabs crickets and put both in a box*

*chirp?* 
    *chirp!*

*chiiirp.... chirpchirp chirp?*
    *chirpchirp chirp chirp???*

*.... chirp*
    *CHIRP!*

--box rustles---

:o  uh oh...... 

*chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp*

Oh.... well.... at least they're having some fun  ;)

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wish I knew when the release date was...

*twiddles thumbs*

Thursday.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    The quiet before the release..... played out A.I. and TG. Not really inspired to play much else because my greedy brain wants to play with new cards. 

*crickets chirping*

Hmm..... *grabs crickets and put both in a box*

*chirp?* 
    *chirp!*

*chiiirp.... chirpchirp chirp?*
    *chirpchirp chirp chirp???*

*.... chirp*
    *CHIRP!*

--box rustles---

:o  uh oh...... 

*chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp*

Oh.... well.... at least they're having some fun  ;)

really glad that didn't come with translated subtitles ;)
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There was an update and all the new cards are there - but the purpose of purples is still to give out duplicates! I can't believe that after all this time they still haven't fixed this!
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    5 premium packs, not a single mythic from dominaria!

D3 can shove their phony "30% chance" where the....grrrrrr!!!

This is why games have pity timers! 

But hey, at least i got 9 different rares,counting the 5 guaranteed rares, but not counting the 5-6 duplicates, such as 3 copies of lich's mastery, and multiple copies of Mirari conjecture in the same pack! 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So far I've pulled 3 Karn's Temporal Sundering. 

2 in pink packs and one in a PP. I was planning on dropping $$ on crystals, but I don't see the value at this point.