MPQ March Madness complete -- Congrats to the champ: Captain Marvel!

Comments

• IceHockey333
    IceHockey333 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Danny needs a bath and a clean shirt.  Can't look at him.  

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Wow, Danny really lost to that one-eyed dinosaur? Do people realise that big nuke costs 20 ap in total? And that Peggy40 and even Thoress40 made him absolete a long time ago?
    And that his yellow feeds his red and his blue feeds his red. And that he can one-shot the entire 4star tier? AP generators rule the roost, my good man. It's what makes them relevant long after passing the tier. 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Smart80 said:
    Wow, Danny really lost to that one-eyed dinosaur? Do people realise that big nuke costs 20 ap in total? And that Peggy40 and even Thoress40 made him absolete a long time ago?
    His yellow is niche and creates some near winfinite combos, and his blue now fuels Gambit....but I agree - Danny is the better of the two.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Smart80 said:
    And that his yellow feeds his red and his blue feeds his red. And that he can one-shot the entire 4star tier? AP generators rule the roost, my good man. It's what makes them relevant long after passing the tier. 
    Danny self-fuels as well. Scott isn’t the only one. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    That "dinosaur" is one of the key 3*/4* characters that would let you complete Boss Rush with any decent odds in late rounds (if your scaling was at the "right" levels at the time), having at most 3 or 4 moves before Phoenix murdered your entire team. And not spend 30+ minutes each fight with maybe a more reliable but offensively weak winfinite team.

Not everything needs to be just about the biggest damage/nukes. Though he still has that covered too. :)

Hobo Fist is very good too, though. Just, Cyclops is better.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Wow, so many reactions, I love it. :-)

As said, Danny fuels his own powers as well, which hits just as hard, without needing 10 tu ap. 

I must admit, cykes covers long time eluded me, and once they finally arrived, Peggy was already there and Thoress came right after, and i just love the stuns... But Danny came with possibly the worst superhero tv show, so they both have some popularity issues for me.. ;-)

Anywho, for me, Cyke has better alternatives nowadays and Hobofist is now the better selfsustaining nuke..
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyc blue is one of my favourite tus. Great utility power - cheap controlled board shake, ap generation, ap denial all in one. I also frequently use his red without tu ap for that precision tap. He's just great all round. 

Also, dat derriere of leadership. 
  • Daredevil217
    Cyke is the one I like better in a vaccum but I play Fist way way more and on several different teams. His synergy with people like Cage, Cloak and Dagger, Shuri, Vulture (and on down the line) make him one of my favorites in the game. He’s also so fast!  I don’t have any go-to teams with Cyke on them sadly. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Wow, so many reactions, I love it. :-)

As said, Danny fuels his own powers as well, which hits just as hard, without needing 10 tu ap. 

I must admit, cykes covers long time eluded me, and once they finally arrived, Peggy was already there and Thoress came right after, and i just love the stuns... But Danny came with possibly the worst superhero tv show, so they both have some popularity issues for me.. ;-)

Anywho, for me, Cyke has better alternatives nowadays and Hobofist is now the better selfsustaining nuke..
    It may be the reverse for me. Cyclops was my third 4star Champ way back and was so good he replaced HB in JeanBuster for me.
    Hobo came out after I had long progressed into the five star tier, so I never got to experience him as a 4star centerpiece.
    But I have played him when essential and when in DDQ and I'm continually unimpressed by him. He just doesn't click for me. Whereas I will definitely play Cyke when Boosted in my PVE speed teams.
    Being a Yellow/Blue red feeder helps in the current meta too. Thor and Gambit love him.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Aweberman said:

Villians/Supernatural Region
    (1) Vulture vs. (8) The Punisher, 99-10
    (4) Blade vs. (5) Thor, 72-32
    (2) America Chavez vs. (7) Moon Knight, 81-26
    (3) Red Hulk vs. (6) Mordo, 66-46

Sweet 16
    Cosmic Region
    (1) Captain Marvel vs. (4) Cloak & Dagger
    (2) Medusa vs. (6) Gamora

Mutants Region
    (1) Iceman vs. (4) Cyclops
    (2) Rogue vs. (3) Jean Grey
    I have gathered the results from the Villains/Supernatural regional quarterfinals, as we had good and quick participation.

The Sweet 16 now begins with two sets of regional semifinals. 

Will Medusa dismantle the other part of Team Rocket?
    Can Jean stop Rogue?
    Can anyone stop Carol?
    And who will win the Mutant Pose-Off?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,065 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aweberman said:

Will Medusa dismantle the other part of Team Rocket? Yes!
    Can Jean stop Rogue? No!
    Can anyone stop Carol? No!
    And who will win the Mutant Pose-Off? We all win!

• twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker

OK so this is where it gets tough to decide...

Even though Cyclops is one of my favourite characters to play (blue for trying to maximise red yield, and red for the precision - he has a very puzzle-y feel to him which is rare in this age of passives), Iceman edged it over him due to the ridiculous and cheap stun and the all conquering green AoE.

Medusa vs Gamora I had to think about for a while too. Medusa just works on so many teams and reduced HP usage, but Gamora has the cheap stun, ability to insta-down and  a decent utility in her red. Medusa took this one for me, but it looks like it's neck and neck on this one so will be interesting to see where this one ends up.

• JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Carol vs. Vulture seems to be the most likely match-up in the finals. It's nice that the brackets will allow for this to happen.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,550 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carol vs. Vulture seems to be the most likely match-up in the finals. It's nice that the brackets will allow for this to happen.

That's probably as it should be and you're right - its good they weren't matched against each other earlier.  They're quite likely the best and second best 4*s - but which is which? :)  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't believe Cyclops won Iron Fist. The next 4 rounds are pretty obvious except for Medusa vs Gamora. I took Gamora because of her stun. Since saving healthpack is a favourite among player, I think Medusa might just win this.
  • Daredevil217
    Can't believe Cyclops won Iron Fist. The next 4 rounds are pretty obvious except for Medusa vs Gamora. I took Gamora because of her stun. Since saving healthpack is a favourite among player, I think Medusa might just win this.
    Medusa's heal probably saves me more packs than Gamora's stun, TBH.  Though that may be my play style as I often pair her with tile spammers (Gamora included).
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Captain Marvel is probably the only character I would choose over Medusa. As I’ve said a couple times already, while flavour of the week characters like Grocket and Gamora will get passed up by the meta, a versatile support like Medusa will always be valuable. Just look at IM40. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Medusa's heal probably saves me more packs than Gamora's stun, TBH.  Though that may be my play style as I often pair her with tile spammers (Gamora included).
    I believe thats what he said, expecting dusa to win for that reason eventhough not his favourite..
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    Captain Marvel is probably the only character I would choose over Medusa. As I’ve said a couple times already, while flavour of the week characters like Grocket and Gamora will get passed up by the meta, a versatile support like Medusa will always be valuable. Just look at IM40. 
    Vulture edges out Carol in my book. Both are great on a number of teams and are useful for multiple reasons with a variety of builds.

Vulture, however, is just a monster.

He's the IM40/battery of the 4* tier when needed and is also equally capable of single-handedly taking down enemy teams while avoiding taking any damage himself and cranking "You Can't Touch This" from his wing speakers or whatever those things are.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    edited March 2018
    ***double post***