Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event *Updated (2/7/18)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Well good thing we got our S1 Guinea pigs to find out if the node stays or not.
    Even after the clarification I'm not sure I trust that node to stay when it clearly mentions Hammer in the description, and other subs are meant to focus on other enemies.

It stayed, and you know why? Because it doesnt matter storywise, if you just add a second loaner node... ;-)
    Brigby said:
    @The rockett The yellow "Join Forces" mission remains on the map until the event is over. The points regenerate similar to how other "Join Forces" missions operate.

@Brigby, I assume the loaner should have not have stayed, as there is now second? Or actually should have even been a 1 time node? Grinding a loaner usually isnt much fun, but having to grind 3 of them on final day is just torture. Please ask devs if this really was what they had in mind and hopefully change for next time it runs.. (no need to hurry with re-run though... ;-P ) (If changed, it would be nice to get a heads up off course)
    LOL.
    3 loaner nodes, that's pretty brilliant :)
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jesus these new hazard tiles are awful, they slow the game down. Basically, hazard tiles take everything we loath about PVP and put into PVE. Thanks.

Seriously, though, I could use some suggestions for the five star required node. That flyer drone is the most powerful character on the team. The auto team heal is like an OP Medusa.
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The AP bar switching to the enemies view and now this terrible new tile, I'm really starting to regret how much money I have spent on this game. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jesus these new hazard tiles are awful, they slow the game down. Basically, hazard tiles take everything we loath about PVP and put into PVE. Thanks.

Seriously, though, I could use some suggestions for the five star required node. That flyer drone is the most powerful character on the team. The auto team heal is like an OP Medusa.
    Leave the flyer drone until last. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Like above said, leave flyer for last. Heal only happens when the flyer takes enough damage. Try Eddie Brock Venom to make enemy protect tiles meaningless or/and Kraven to punish the enemy for having them. Consider stunning the flyer as they reach half health to make sure the heal doesn’t happen. With Gamora booosted and required, there’s your stun.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought the second hazard set was supposed to make shields flip back and forth between yours and theirs. It's rather dull as it is now but miles better than those stupid bomb ones  the shields are manageable at least 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out the heal threshold on the flyer drone. I missed that. I took M4rvel and Loki to steal and buff the shield tiles and saved the flyer for last.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought the second hazard set was supposed to make shields flip back and forth between yours and theirs. It's rather dull as it is now but miles better than those stupid bomb ones  the shields are manageable at least 
    Yeah, I was disappointed by that as well. On the other hand, running Medusa means so much AP.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These day 2 tiles would have been so much better if they had actually been neutral and it was two-way flipping rather than being purely against us while the hazard tile is supposedly 'neutral' even if almost nothing about them actually is neutral.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 981 Critical Contributor
    Options
    These day 2 tiles are a major improvement on the day 1 tiles, but as others have said, not really neutral. Once they flip, they're the enemies' for the rest of the match. If matches lasted 3 turns total (only first nodes might qualify), then it's in the players' advantage, otherwise it's the AI that has it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One thing that was kind of interesting was seeing Gamora's Deadliest Woman instant kill occur when there was a purple hazard tile on the board.  I guess they are considered friendly for that particular power.

I forgot to check whether the hazard tile was removed with the other purple specials though.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not as bad as Day 1, some nodes just get longer.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I look forward to seeing what sub 3 has to offer. Maybe it will be both sets of 'neutral' tiles to batter and bruise us while protecting the AI. 
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    The hazard tiles were only made "neutral" so that they couldn't be targeted by our skills.

They're not supposed to be "neutral" in the sense that they help both sides.

This is the only conclusion I can draw from the behaviour.
    As usual, spinning a move that is bad for the player as a positive change.
    Never change, Demiurge.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,508 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How is sub 3 showing a neutral tile?  “Destroys one random colored AP from your pool each turn.”  No effect on enemy AP and does not help you at all.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    How is sub 3 showing a neutral tile?  “Destroys one random colored AP from your pool each turn.”  No effect on enemy AP and does not help you at all.
    Well the info provided by Brigby states that they make it harder to defeat the enemy and with you sometimes losing multiple ap per turn that's 100% correct.

I'm just thankful that (50%) Thor is the boosted 5* essential this event.  CL9 would have been terrible without the free ap/match damage which coupled with Chavez made this event just about bearable.  Imagine if it had been AA or another lower tier 5* boosted....
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Well the info provided by Brigby states that they make it harder to defeat the enemy and with you sometimes losing multiple ap per turn that's 100% correct.

I'm just thankful that (50%) Thor is the boosted 5* essential this event.  CL9 would have been terrible without the free ap/match damage which coupled with Chavez made this event just about bearable.  Imagine if it had been AA or another lower tier 5* boosted....
    Look forward to them running it with GR as the required 5 in two weeks.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,508 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    bluewolf said:

Look forward to them running it with GR as the required 5 in two weeks.
    Actually we will get Panther or Thanos, most likely. 2 more Latest before Classics again, and even with a 7 day, we’ll have a Classic for the assumed repeat run.  Unless they decide to revisit it and delay.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's clear that you all don't play your own game or are really Djinn's because you keep coming up with "events" like this and think it is supposed to be fun and exciting for players.  Instead, we end up feeling like we are being toyed with.

You take the same formula we always take part in but add in hazards to boost the enemy (frustrating as hell and driven towards consuming extra health packs), offer us those ridiculous character specific boosts for rewards that will never get used (yet sit in our inventory to remind us that we never can), and give us an unrelated 4* cover to grind out for while flicking us off with another STUPID S.H.I.E.L.D. "Training event" that uses the new one.