Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event *Updated (2/7/18)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really liked how 4* panther plays in Shield Training, I'm looking forward to rostering him. I was worried it would take too long to get him rolling, but I had tons of shielded tile spam out in very short order, and the shield-match-bonus-damge attack was pretty cool. Looking forward to trying him out with C4ge, Flaptain, or Sandman at some point in the future. Or even running that P4nther/Magn3to/Bull2eye combined arms team.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby loaner node in main has a timer, but only 1/1 rewards.. Seems like an error. Doesnt matter all that much, but really would like to know if it will stay there for whole event or needs to be cleared before sub1 ends. Could you let us know?
    That’s actually a pretty significant change making hazards now “neutral”.  I hope this means they actually interact in that fashion and are no longer bonuses for the AI.  Thumbs up.
    Gambit purple no longer overwrites them... :-(
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sweet merciful fancy Moses, these hazard tiles need to be toned down.  I'm assuming they spawn randomly as new tiles enter the board, but I had at least six of them come in (all in different non-adjacent colors, of course) and they're doing ~1K team damage apiece on three-turn countdowns.  There's a pretty fine line between "challenging" and "looks like we need to drive healthpack sales", and I'm not sure you're not well past the latter side.
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    These new hazard tiles are a pain. Exploding tiles doing 2239 damage and Ive had 5 or 6 on the board at one time. And some of them drop with only 2 turns. And worse, they are neutral, so I havent found a power to get rid of them. Neither Gambit, Vulture, or Invisble Woman cant lock them. Anyone find a way besides matching?
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Constant battle of the forum:

Forum: we want new things
    Devs: here you go
    Forum: we hate your new things change them this way
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Yep hazard tiles doing 4.5k in CL9. Especially painful if you're trying to maintain half-health-Thor...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Can Spider-Woman or Nico remove them? Can OBW or Bagman extend the life of them? 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Does Quake's passive negate the team damage dealt by these new hazard tiles, a la caltrops?
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does Quake's passive negate the team damage dealt by these new hazard tiles, a la caltrops?
    Power description says "damage from enemy powers" so I doubt it since the hazard tiles are neutral.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People have said Quake does work. Whether it’s worth using her is a different question.... It’s “interesting” since there’s no way to stall the countdown via stun or airborne etc.  Quake could possibly destroy a tile with her blue.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quake's passive does indeed work vs the bomb tiles.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The tiles were thrown in at the last moment after someone complained Quake was garbage last event.  :D 
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Those hazard tiles are the biggest health pack suck since Sentry 1.0
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having done my first 4 clears I have to say this event is pretty meh. 

First of all, what made you think we needed ANOTHER event with the Dark Avengers? What made you possibly think that after having fought the Dark Avengers a million times now that we'd need another event created featuring just those clowns? Do you not see how boring it is making your game? Do you even play it to understand how incredibly annoying it is now? 

Secondly, those neutral tiles. Naff. They come down the board far too frequent and 90% of them, strangely, seem to fall where they cant be matched. This is 100% just an attempt to sell more health packs. 

While initially delighted that you'd created a new event, what its really turned out to be is another Dark Avengers event wrapped in a different cover with the addition of health pack eaters. What a shame. 
    I think each sub will feature different enemies, like in strange sights and webbed wonder.

I'm afraid it'll get worse, though.
    Ultron things and Symbiotes.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Anyone know why in CL9 the 5* essential node value is worth the same as 2* essential and less than the 3* and 4* essentials?  @Brigby
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    I think each sub will feature different enemies, like in strange sights and webbed wonder.

Why do I get the sinking feeling that it's going to be Royal Shield + Ultron/Symbiotes + Crashing Mine and they're going to have more synergy than the players....
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Having done my first 4 clears I have to say this event is pretty meh. 

First of all, what made you think we needed ANOTHER event with the Dark Avengers? What made you possibly think that after having fought the Dark Avengers a million times now that we'd need another event created featuring just those clowns? Do you not see how boring it is making your game? Do you even play it to understand how incredibly annoying it is now? 

Secondly, those neutral tiles. Naff. They come down the board far too frequent and 90% of them, strangely, seem to fall where they cant be matched. This is 100% just an attempt to sell more health packs. 

While initially delighted that you'd created a new event, what its really turned out to be is another Dark Avengers event wrapped in a different cover with the addition of health pack eaters. What a shame. 

The Dark Avengers have no place in any new events. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dokiy said:
    The tiles were thrown in at the last moment after someone complained Quake was garbage last event.  :D 
    Literally LOL'd.  Nice work.