Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event *Updated (2/7/18)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    herm1978 said:
    herm1978 said:
    Seriously hazard tiles had a negligible effect on my matches and there are numerous characters that could be used to counter them. 

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Please elaborate.
    As others have mentioned the damage from the explosive tiles could be mitigated by Quake or they could be overwritten by characters like Star Lord or Cap. The shield tiles were generally weak and could be flipped or stolen by Medusa, Wasp or Loki or just destroyed by 3* Captain Marvel. Admittedly the AP steal tiles were a pain that only served to slow matches down but that was merely inconvenient rather than game breaking. With a little strategy all the hazard tiles were easily dealt with but it seems as though a lot of players don’t consider any strategy other than trying to brute force their way through. 
    Or perhaps not everyone have every character fully covered and at max level?
    I don’t have every character fully covered and max levelled so I’m not sure what your point is. I haven’t seen a single person say they didn’t have a character that would have helped, just complaints about how hazard tiles aren’t neutral. Or the thing that lead to my initial post that hazard tiles don’t add strategy. Hazard tiles do nothing but add strategy but due to the existing problems with the PVE structure people only focus on what let’s them win fastest. 
    If no one said it then it isnt true? I know for sure that when I dont have a maxed Medusa and Grocket then PVP at a certain level gets a bit annoying, doesnt mean that I run to the forums complaining that I dont have them champed though.

The hazard tiles never got annoying enough for me to hate the event before day 3, but if you find the collapsing mines just "adds strategy", then I dont know what to say. I dont have enough passive damage on my high levels to power through it regardless of losing 1+ ap every turn.
    No one said it so it’s an argument I wasn’t addressing, it’s a separate issue entirely. 
    You've kind of exemplified my point about brute strength here. If your response to AP loss is trying to find ways to do more damage you may want to reconsider your approach. 

• herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    herm1978 said:
    herm1978 said:
    Seriously hazard tiles had a negligible effect on my matches and there are numerous characters that could be used to counter them. 

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Please elaborate.
    As others have mentioned the damage from the explosive tiles could be mitigated by Quake or they could be overwritten by characters like Star Lord or Cap. The shield tiles were generally weak and could be flipped or stolen by Medusa, Wasp or Loki or just destroyed by 3* Captain Marvel. Admittedly the AP steal tiles were a pain that only served to slow matches down but that was merely inconvenient rather than game breaking. With a little strategy all the hazard tiles were easily dealt with but it seems as though a lot of players don’t consider any strategy other than trying to brute force their way through. 
    I don’t have every character fully covered and max levelled so I’m not sure what your point is. I haven’t seen a single person say they didn’t have a character that would have helped, just complaints about how hazard tiles aren’t neutral. Or the thing that lead to my initial post that hazard tiles don’t add strategy. Hazard tiles do nothing but add strategy but due to the existing problems with the PVE structure people only focus on what let’s them win fastest. 
    If no one said it then it isnt true? I know for sure that when I dont have a maxed Medusa and Grocket then PVP at a certain level gets a bit annoying, doesnt mean that I run to the forums complaining that I dont have them champed though.

The hazard tiles never got annoying enough for me to hate the event before day 3, but if you find the collapsing mines just "adds strategy", then I dont know what to say. I dont have enough passive damage on my high levels to power through it regardless of losing 1+ ap every turn.
    No one said it so it’s an argument I wasn’t addressing, it’s a separate issue entirely. 
    You've kind of exemplified my point about brute strength here. If your response to AP loss is trying to find ways to do more damage you may want to reconsider your approach. 

You do understand that the only way to end the influx of collapsing mines is to win the match? Maybe you should get off you high horse here and tell the plebes how you handle the mines instead of insulting us (not saying it was a terrible insult, but "learn to play" is not constructive)?

The mines are like nodes with Hood, I make it a mirror match just to avoid the problem with ap loss, or I take someone like 3* IF to get rid of Hood asap. I look forward to hear your "strategy" for handling random ap loss.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    herm1978 said:

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Please elaborate.

If they want to add strategy (or challenge) to Story Events, they have to stop making me play every single match 5+ times.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are the tappers feeling? Does it affect those tappers from your slice/bracket?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How are the tappers feeling? Does it affect those tappers from your slice/bracket?

Tappers are not affected at all.
    First tapped for 1200 points, second about 1000, 3-5 about 300 extra points.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As tappers mainly use passive damage like Thor5/Chavez, the little ap loss is usually insignificant...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The hazard tiles were fine. I didn't find them to be a problem. They were a nice change.

The story was basically non-existant.

• Bad Guys: We're going to do something bad!
    • Good Guys: Please don't! Okay, we just stopped you!
    • The end. 

I miss the jokes and the intrigue of other stories.

Also I was sad that there were no new enemies.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ditto the new boss. I was wondering what new non-playable boss we'll get. It ended up being Kingpin, 5* Thanos and another one which I couldn't remember. I thought the new boss would be someone from the upcoming BP movie.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tappers still tapped hard.  Almost entire t10 in my cl9 bracket tapped at least one sub, t2 did all 3.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ditto the new boss. I was wondering what new non-playable boss we'll get. It ended up being Kingpin, 5* Thanos and another one which I couldn't remember. I thought the new boss would be someone from the upcoming BP movie.
    The one-on-one boss order was Kingpin, Kraven, and Thanos.
  • Trilateralus
    Options
    Starfury said:
    herm1978 said:
    I feel like a lot of people are upset about the hazard tiles because for the first time they’re realizing they’re mediocre MPQ players. Seriously hazard tiles had a negligible effect on my matches and there are numerous characters that could be used to counter them. 
    Please elaborate.

If they want to add strategy (or challenge) to Story Events, they have to stop making me play every single match 5+ times.
    Fully agree with this. 
  • Trilateralus
    edited February 2018
    Options
    herm1978 said:
    herm1978 said:
    herm1978 said:

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    Please elaborate.

You do understand that the only way to end the influx of collapsing mines is to win the match? Maybe you should get off you high horse here and tell the plebes how you handle the mines instead of insulting us (not saying it was a terrible insult, but "learn to play" is not constructive)?

The mines are like nodes with Hood, I make it a mirror match just to avoid the problem with ap loss, or I take someone like 3* IF to get rid of Hood asap. I look forward to hear your "strategy" for handling random ap loss.
    The mines were by far the least inspired hazard and I’d be happy to see them changed completely for the next run. You’re right that it’s like facing the Hood but without the option of downing him to end AP loss. So I’m going to admit that I was being a **** there as there isn’t really any particular strategy involved in beating those nodes, they just take longer. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starfury said:
    herm1978 said:
    I feel like a lot of people are upset about the hazard tiles because for the first time they’re realizing they’re mediocre MPQ players. Seriously hazard tiles had a negligible effect on my matches and there are numerous characters that could be used to counter them. 
    Please elaborate.

This, but also don't make getting the best rewards a race.  Either the goal is to speed run or the goal is to solve a puzzle.  I don't want to speed solve a puzzle, that's not fun, maybe it is to some, but not to me.  If they want to make the game more puzzle, then as @Starfury said make fewer nodes/repetition and make winning be about fewest number of moves or least damage taken or something else that matches the puzzley theme.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    This event felt really tuned for the boosted characters, and I'm curious how it will go in future runs when the boost characters are chose by RNG(?) or are just plain different. In particular the defense tiles seem designed to showcase P4nther, but since nobody actually had him at the time of the run, I was using GladiaThor to flip them all to strikes when I could manage it. It makes me wonder if Shuri isn't going to have AP generation capability so she'll feel really cool on the third sub, or maybe some AOE counter so she'll shine on the first sub. Mostly I just used the boost characters to win on match damage though. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought the new boss would be someone from the upcoming BP movie.
    Maybe they didn't want to spoil the movie, I have this feeling or I hope that when the Fight for Wakanda event goes up again (with Shuri), all the goons, enemies and bosses have been reconfigured to match BP, like instead of Thanos et al, we get Killmonger & Klaw,
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I was also thinking that may have been why it was story-lite with minimal cut scenes. I'm curious if/how it'll change with the second run
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    Starfury said:
    herm1978 said:
    Please elaborate.

This, but also don't make getting the best rewards a race.  Either the goal is to speed run or the goal is to solve a puzzle.  I don't want to speed solve a puzzle, that's not fun, maybe it is to some, but not to me.  If they want to make the game more puzzle, then as @Starfury said make fewer nodes/repetition and make winning be about fewest number of moves or least damage taken or something else that matches the puzzley theme.
    I really like that idea, fewest moves or least damage taken could be fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think in practice people would hate fewest moves, since it would be so starting-board dependent. Unless the board configuration were fixed, and it was more like one of those "here is your chess board; checkmate this person in 3 moves" logic puzzles