Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event *Updated (2/7/18)

Options

Comments

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @The rockett The yellow "Join Forces" mission remains on the map until the mission is over. The points regenerate similar to how other "Join Forces" missions operate.
    Can we get a clarification on this but using the keywords sub and event instead of mission?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @The rockett The yellow "Join Forces" mission remains on the map until the mission is over. The points regenerate similar to how other "Join Forces" missions operate.
    That’s slightly confusing wording. Did you mean it remains on the map until the Event is over? I hope that’s what you meant by “mission”.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Woops. Sorry about the confusion. Yes. The mission remains on the map until the event is over.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Thanks but what is the mission?  Is the mission the sub or the whole event?  If this stays in the whole event, why is it a 1/1 node?  @Brigby
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Did I miss something?  Where is the STORY " in this brand new Story Event!" ??????

Only ONE node of dialog in the first day?!?!  Hopefully the next few days will have different results, but this first day did not excite me any.  I recognize that the stories tend to be a little silly, but at least there is story to read the first few times through. 

A few examples of the past "Brand New Story Events" off the top of my head.... 
    • Strange Events brought some new goons, and a story....
    • Venom Bomb brought some new goons, and a story....
    • Guardians story (forget the name) uses the symbiotes in place of some "unknown aliens" (it works, is only a little stretch since they are aliens) , and a story....
    • Howards event (forget name) although it did not have new goons, at least fighting HAMMER with Duck and Spidey felt right/made sense, and the story helped it make even more sense.  
    This one really just feels 'phoned in' to be.... we don't get new goons & we don't get a story.    I like the artwork, but that is all I see new in this event, some pretty new wallpaper.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait there was dialogue?  I was clicking to fast cause you have to in order to be competitive. If there’s a story I’ll never see it I guess... 

There really needs to be placement less PvE or some way to not have it be so tinykitty time sensitive. 

lol my phone autocorrects tinykitty to Tony kitty. 
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chaos01 said:
    Constant battle of the forum:

Forum: we want new things
    Devs: here you go
    Forum: we hate your new things change them this way
    Perhaps people would like to see new things that were more of a puzzle or a challenge, if you get a bunch of 2 turn hazard tiles drop in at once you are fairly stuffed.

If for example they had a longer countdown or there were stricter limits on how many at once or if they only did single target damage so you could be tactical about who took that damage on each team they would be more interesting, as it stands they are just more rng idiocy designed to eat healthpacks.
  • Waspin
    Waspin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Those tiles are a clearly uncreative way to make sure you damage your support cards and give enemy free Cascades.  Practically a Loki shake with dammage.  Trying to force me to use heals.  May force me to stop playing
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don’t know what all the fuss around hazard tiles is about. I forgot they were even there for most of my matches. 
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    There is something else that's a little bit sneaky. In the sentry essential node and the final normal node, moonstone has been respecced to 5/4/4 meaning control shift also steals strike tiles. In every other pve moonstone is always 5/5/3 meaning she can only steal protect and attack tiles. Took me by surprise when she stole strikes. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well good thing we got our S1 Guinea pigs to find out if the node stays or not.
    Even after the clarification I'm not sure I trust that node to stay when it clearly mentions Hammer in the description, and other subs are meant to focus on other enemies.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Forum wont let me delete , so here have a note about not being able to delete my own post.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i want hazard tiles in every bloody event.

would make quitting the game a no-brainer.

what a joke.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe, because of the advanced hype/warning, I was so apprehensive about the event but (knock on wood) it's not that bad.  The tiles are irritating but since my alliance mates told me to use Quake, or GladiaThor or even Luke Cage, I didn't use too much health packs.

This 1st node is 1/1 but you can replay the mission. Huh.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sub 2 starting in 10 minutes in slice 1. I wait excited here to see if those Dark Avengers turn up again. 

EDIT: They are still here! Daken is back for more face slashing. Hahaha. 

How they can class this as a new event, is beyond me. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,862 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know who did fight Black Panther in the comic books and would suited to some jungle action? Kraven!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Well good thing we got our S1 Guinea pigs to find out if the node stays or not.
    Even after the clarification I'm not sure I trust that node to stay when it clearly mentions Hammer in the description, and other subs are meant to focus on other enemies.

It stayed, and you know why? Because it doesnt matter storywise, if you just add a second loaner node... ;-)
    Brigby said:
    @The rockett The yellow "Join Forces" mission remains on the map until the event is over. The points regenerate similar to how other "Join Forces" missions operate.

@Brigby, I assume the loaner should have not have stayed, as there is now second? Or actually should have even been a 1 time node? Grinding a loaner usually isnt much fun, but having to grind 3 of them on final day is just torture. Please ask devs if this really was what they had in mind and hopefully change for next time it runs.. (no need to hurry with re-run though... ;-P ) (If changed, it would be nice to get a heads up off course)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said
    @Brigby, I assume the loaner should have not have stayed, as there is now second? Or actually should have even been a 1 time node? Grinding a loaner usually isnt much fun, but having to grind 3 of them on final day is just torture. Please ask devs if this really was what they had in mind and hopefully change for next time it runs.. (no need to hurry with re-run though... ;-P ) (If changed, it would be nice to get a heads up off course)
    Not only will we need to grind down 3 loaner nodes, we'll need to do it for NO extra rewards.  So in total that'll be 15 clears (6 of first, 5 of second, 4 of third) for 3 rewards.

No doubt this was an oversight, but I think some gesture is needed here.  A couple of thousand iso and a few standards would suffice, matching the normal rewards for the standard 6 clears of loaner nodes.
    I would like the extra rewards off course, but for future events, id take the loss if it would become a locked 1/1 or at least wouldnt stay after sub ends... imagine it running right after release, with an undercovered 4*... thats a whole lot of aoe TUs.. 
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sub1 ending. New hazard tiles:

*Removed inappropriate content - Ducky