Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I earned my Season 10-pack last night and decided to open it.
    The Bad: No four star covers, booo!
    The Good: 13 3-star covers. :o Eight 3-stars and FIVE bonus 3-star heroes.

That has to be a pretty rare occurrence in a 10-pack. I doubt I will ever open another one quite like that.
    That beats my record. I got 11 3* from a 10-pack once, and 10 just last night, but I've never heard of anyone hitting 13 before.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefarious Foes. Me: champ Vulture, champ Rulk, max-champ Magneto. AI: 5* Hawkeye, 4* Thor, 3* Loki.

Oh dear did I underestimate that team. I figured the AI would be too stupid to play it right anyway, and that black-black-purple-green would happen soon enough for me anyway. No sir! The first unintentional match-4 started me down a road that saw lady Thor fire Power Surge something like 4 times and Smite at least twice. At one point my entire team was stunned. It wasn't until close to the end that the AI chose one of Hawkeye's red or blue to fire. I emerged, after Rulk finally smashed everyone to oblivion, battered almost into submission, vowing never to try that one again.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefarious Foes. Me: champ Vulture, champ Rulk, max-champ Magneto. AI: 5* Hawkeye, 4* Thor, 3* Loki.

Oh dear did I underestimate that team. I figured the AI would be too stupid to play it right anyway, and that black-black-purple-green would happen soon enough for me anyway. No sir! The first unintentional match-4 started me down a road that saw lady Thor fire Power Surge something like 4 times and Smite at least twice. At one point my entire team was stunned. It wasn't until close to the end that the AI chose one of Hawkeye's red or blue to fire. I emerged, after Rulk finally smashed everyone to oblivion, battered almost into submission, vowing never to try that one again.

Loki and Hawkeye are a Vicious team, I love running Hawkeye in Loki's Lightning rounds. :)

Also, if I understand the AI reasoning right it will Always use a more expensive Power over a cheaper one if it has enough AP. Considering how much red/blue AP should be generated, it's not strange the AI kept using Thor's Powers over Hawkeye's.

This might be a fun team to run in Divine Champions when Thor is boosted too...

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I underestimated a Loki/Carol/Ant-Man team in one of the fights, and the AI took me down.  It wasn't until the Mischief tiles started going off and Ant-Man's special tiles started getting more powerful did I realize what was going on...and by then, they were doing massive damage.  A tip of the hat to whoever came up with that one.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Bad:  Had the enemy AI down to just Old Man Logan and within two turns of defeated. It proceeds to initiate a cascade that creates FIVE separate critical tiles. The match damage was crazy.

The Good:  My team included Loki. So many AP stolen...
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good:  I get a yellow N4tasha cover from the Strange Sights store.

Bad:  I get a BH red Peggy but I'm already 5/4/3 so ugh

Hopefully, I get a useable Peggy cover from the next 2 events after this Nat PVE.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    gmtosca said:
    Good:  I get a yellow N4tasha cover from the Strange Sights store.

Bad:  I get a BH red Peggy but I'm already 5/4/3 so ugh

Hopefully, I get a useable Peggy cover from the next 2 events after this Nat PVE.

I Think both upcoming Peggy progression covers should be yellow (unless they change that of course) so I Think you should be good.
  • gmtosca
    Options
    Yay, that's good to hear!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good— Gonna champ 4* #14.
    Bad — It’s Lockjaw.
  • Quebbster
    Options

The good - got a Valkyrie cover from a Strange Sights token

The bad - it was black, the only color that's currently maxed out

The inbetween - I am planning to open my mini-hoard as soon as the data push takes Archangel out of Latest Legends, so I will probably get enough covers to champ her anyway. I only have a single red though so I may as well put her as a bonus hero to increase the chance of getting a useful 13...

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The good - after 30+ pulls (lost track after a while...), finally finished off Spider-Gwen.  She's was my last vintage hero that wasn't champed.  Also got Shuri done (she of the 10ish red covers)

The bad - 3 jubilation yellow covers making her 5/2/1, I have a feeling she's my new gwen (she of the 20ish red covers...), no America covers (she's ignoring me).

both - only managed to get 1 cap beardy cover
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Broke my hoard:
    champed Jess, Necrocap.
    My Robbie is currently a 12/4/3, but on the bright side, latest swaps!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my LumberCap mini-hoard. About 30 pulls.

The good:
    - Got a Cap
    - Got another each for Jess and Robbie
    - Got Spider-Woman's 10th cover to finish another column in Shield Training
    - Got 4 Valkyrie covers

The bad:
    - The Cap wasn't purple
    - The Jess and Robbie covers were each third covers in a colour, bringing them to 0/0/3 and 0/1/3. I just want to be able to have Jess throw people out windows. Is that too much to ask?
    - 3 of the Valkyrie covers were yellow, and she was 3/3/5 with one yellow about to expire already

Bit of both
    - The Cap was yellow, so I've at least got a cool team-up to send out
    - I spent the CP to Champ Valkyrie, which was annoying to do, but it was cool to run her up to 274 right away.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Options

Between LL tokens and CP on Classics, I opened about 60 covers this past week. My hopes were to get some covers for Jubilee.

The good:

*Champed Lockjaw and Shuri

*Got 2 covers for new 5* Cap,

*Pulled my first ever Silver Surfer so now I have every character rostered except the 1*'s

*For the first time in FOREVER, I pulled a Wasp cover that wasn't yellow. Pulled a black to put her at 5/1/5. 

The bad:

*I literally did not pull a single (non-bonus) Jubilee cover, and that was my entire intent.

*I pulled a bunch of 5* characters. Like 15 or so out of the 60. And I have no interest in the 5* tier, so these are essentially valueless to me.

Bit of both:

*I did manage two 4* bonus heroes - both Jubilee as she is my only one set up. Both green, so she is now 1/2/5.

*Oddly pulled FIVE Sam Wilson covers. What the heck? Now 3/0/3.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another one who busted open the Hoard now that Archangel is out of Latest Heroes.  With about 70 pulls:

Good - 1 Red Jessica Jones, 2 Lumbercap, a Ghost Rider, and three covers for 4-stars that gave me another LT.

Meh - Three America covers, but two were green.  She's now 3/3/8.  Also got *six* Main Event Hulk covers, so MEH.  :)

Bad - First standard pull after opening the hoard gives me a Bonus Hero, after getting two out of the 70 LT pulls.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulled a 10 pack out of the exiles vault and got the 4* Peggy. Found out it was the yellow that I have 5 of already. The Peggy reward for progression is yellow. ****. 
  • gmtosca
    Options
    Good:  Got LumberCap.

Bad:  Had 160 CP and what do you know?  Got it on my last pull.  RNGesus is a troll of biblical proportions.

At least, I didn't add to my vine already filled with unusable Quakes & co,
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Champed my second 5*, Ghost Rider. 

Bad: Ghost Rider is my second 5* champ. Not that he's particularly terrible, it's just that my plan was to champ Gambit, Thor, and Black Panther after I had champed my last few 4*s. But RNGesus had different plans and gave me a glut of GR covers. Also will have to make Panther my third champ, because I will have a 6th black cover from P4nther champ rewards soon. 

Bit of both: In about two months or so, I should have five 5* champs, be close on four or five more (depending on feeder announcements) and on my way to 5* land. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good: Season 10-pack had a 4*.
    Bad: It was FalCap.
    Bit of Both: It was his 13th cover, so he's covered, but now I have to champ him.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good: Pulling a Rogue cover, her 14th, from a Heroic.

Mixed: Rogue is 13 covers but only level 200. So is Nico, and a progression cover for her is coming later this week.

Bad: I won't have nearly enough ISO to champ them both in 14 days.

Ugh.