Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Getting my 4*s to 13 covers faster then i can champ them. The ISO struggle is real.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The bad: I didn't want Valkyrie to focus in the 4* that 3* feed. I got two Valkyrie covers.

The good: I got two Valkyrie covers! That's the first 4* release that I have ever been able to get.

The mixed: With two covers she's not playable enough in Shield Training, but at least I got a bonus CP after defeating Sam Wilson.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bad: I pulled my 5th cover for Ghost Rider 5*, putting him at 0/0/5.

The good: Even with swaps, if I end up short on covers by the time he leaves Latest tokens, it will take longer to potentially receive a cover I can't use from a 4* champion update. I've had far too many 5/#/# characters on the feeder changes.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bad: Wiped multiple times on what should have been easy fights while climbing to 900 in Scrapper and 2K in Sim. Cost me at least two extra shields, maybe three.

The good: I did make it there, got my covers, and got to level up enough to hit one more node in Valkyries Shield Training.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Got to 20 cp for a classic token. Yay!

Pulled a sandman. But that's okay because I recently champed him so that'll give me a latest token. 

Pulled another sandman. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The bad - I got hit at the last minute of the Lightning round, knocking me out of the top 50.

The inbetween - I still got top 100 which was good for one Heroic token at least.

The good - the token dropped the green Iron Fist cover I needed to champ my replacement that had 14 covers dying on the vine, the oldest expiring in less than a day! Very fortunate!

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - pulled 2 bonus 4* after over a month of nothing

Bad - 2 Shuri Red covers, which leaves me 1/2/9 so far. Trying real hard to champ her before my covers on the vine expire, but don't think I'll get there   :/

Sarcastic aside, what is it with the red covers?  My spidey-gwen is 2/13/2... ugh... RNG you are a fickle mistress...
  • Simplicius
    Simplicius Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options

Something good: I've really enjoyed cruising through Venom Bomb on SCL 1 since there's nothing on offer that's particularly enticing, after just barely managing to catch that She-Hulk cover on the last event. That said...

Something bad: Having health-packs to spare hasn't really helped because 'The Big Enchilada' is crushing me today. I've managed it in the past but this time, I can't get a hold on it (with or without boosts). It just doesn't seem doable with my team of; 3* Gamora (114), 2* Wolverine (105) and 2* Magneto (70 something).

DarthDeVo said:
    Had a great day in terms of tokens; drawing three 4* covers on a handful of heroics (don't really know what do with them, since I'm not really at that level yet).

Also, I really don't know what to do with this Shuri cover. The prog reward on the Shield PVP is taunting me, but I don't think I'll be able to get there. My highest level character is 2* Wolverine at level 98 but I have to dump a lot of ISO into the skip button just to find a team without a 5* or equivalent.
    I promise you I'm not trying to be discouraging, more trying to set realistic expectations. 

As tempting as 4* characters are right now, if your highest level character is a level 98 Wolverine, you need to focus on building out your 2* and 3* champs before you tackle the mountain known as the 4* tier. 
    Thanks for the advice, it's good to get a better feel for where I'm at in the game; a lot of the talk on the forums goes over my head because I'm nowhere near where most people are.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Something good: I've really enjoyed cruising through Venom Bomb on SCL 1 since there's nothing on offer that's particularly enticing, after just barely managing to catch that She-Hulk cover on the last event. That said...

Something bad: Having health-packs to spare hasn't really helped because 'The Big Enchilada' is crushing me today. I've managed it in the past but this time, I can't get a hold on it (with or without boosts). It just doesn't seem doable with my team of; 3* Gamora (114), 2* Wolverine (105) and 2* Magneto (70 something).

Aside from the three you mentioned, who else do you have who's well-covered and leveled?

From the Deadpool Daily wave thread, here's the node today:
    TBE
    Teisatsu - Konran - Savage - Wolverine starstar - Cap Marvel starstar - Human Torch starstar

You'll want to stun the Teisatsu before you finish him off to avoid the passive and Gamora's stun is both expensive and random (unless the Teisatsu is one of the last two alive..at which point you've probably already won anyway).  You also don't have any targeted board control and with some unlucky countdown locations (and/or attack tile location), the Savage can makes things turn south really quickly.  Also, both the ninjas create red and Wolverine & Torch have deadly red abilities, so you want to make sure that the goons keep spending their AP before the reinforcements arrive.   Finally, the Konran's black can do some of your work for you if you save him until last, as it will always damage another enemy even if he doesn't need the healing.

When I was a 2*->3* transitioner, my go-to wave team was Steve Rogers (first the 2*, then the 3*), Kalama Khan and 2* Magneto (and later 3* Iron Man).  Steve gave you targeted board control which was easy to keep going, Kamala gave a repeated team heal/green AP outlet and the batteries got the engine rolling (it's a slow-starting team, otherwise).  The idea would be to kill someone with Steve and immediately stun the reinforcement.  Then if you kill the reinforcement, you should never have a board mover on the other side who can avoid the stun lock.  You may not have these same characters (especially Kamala), but any Green and/or Black user could round out the third slot.

A purely 2* team I've had luck with is Thor, Widow & Moonstone.  Moonstone's theft off her black would be really good here, Thor's yellow feeds his green which is a good team damage, Widow's blue heals/buys you time and her purple helps keep things going (since the Savage creates purple, you'll always have some to steal via Widow's black to accelerate your theft).  Moonstone's red can reliably one-shot anyone in TBE, except on a very red-starved board.  Moonstone and Thor are also the beefiest of the 2*'s, which helps absorb the early blows until it really gets going.

Another commonly recommended 2* team is also Magneto, Storm & Thor, to take advantage of Storm's great blue by feeding it with her green (itself fed by Thor's yellow) and Magneto's red/purple.  Again, it's slow-starting, but deadly once it gets rolling.

That being said, what I've used in the past is less helpful since our rosters at this stage were likely very different.  Any more information you can provide can give either me or someone else here some better suggestions for you.  
  • Simplicius
    Simplicius Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    ZootSax said:

Aside from the three you mentioned, who else do you have who's well-covered and leveled?

That being said, what I've used in the past is less helpful since our rosters at this stage were likely very different.  Any more information you can provide can give either me or someone else here some better suggestions for you.  
    Thanks for the advice, someone else also PM'd me with their suggestion. As it happens, I managed to get through a few hours ago thanks to a green-heavy board (allowing me to spam Feral Claws almost every other turn).

I have Kamala Khan and both 2* and 3* Steve Rogers (2* is around 105). I might try experimenting with that set up, but I only have a single cover (yellow) for Kamala. I've not kept any 1*s around, apart from Iron Man, so I am missing a cheap stunner like Black Widow. The last node in the prologue was especially difficult for me, but I eventually found favourable boards for Gamora and Steve Rogers to get a stun lock game going.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - pulled a useable blue cover for Prof X with a useable bonus hero green for America Chavez from an heroic.
    Average - repeated exact same things from next opened LT
    Bad - Neither covers are iseable, so now I have to champ Prof X (AC will probably end up iso), sorry Gamora, your turn will come...
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good - Beating today's Crash of the Titans (War Machine vs Thanos) first time

Bad - LT gave me a black for Gwenpool, who I have fully covered but only at 120, and nowhere near enough iso to champ her. Will have to hold on to the cover and see how much iso I have in two week's time.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider Woman is the Crash of the Titans this round, and I've got 300 tokens to try to get a red cover for my 5/5/1 Spider Woman.  She's the only "Vintage" 4-star that I don't have champed.

Meh - I only need to reset the vault once to get a red
    Good - I pull it on my 80th token, and reset the vault again.  Another red cover pops up.
    Bad - 211 tokens later, still no second red.

I've got 12 chances left this round, but a lot of Hero Points to keep trying afterwards.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pulled 50 lt yesterday. got 9 5*, plus 1 bonus. only one jj though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The bad - when I did the final fight in last night's Simulator, I forgot about Dr Strange, accidentally getting one of my team members killed and triggering Thanos' Court Death, taking out both Thor and Chavez and leaving only Nightcrawler.

The good - I kept fighting with Nightcrawler, taking out Strange with En Garde and then going BAMFinite to wear Thanos down. Took a while, but I got the W eventually.

The inbetween - after healing up my team I didn't have enough Health packs left to tackle the fivestar node in the next sub, so I had to dip into my Taco supply.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

The inbetween - after healing up my team I didn't have enough Health packs left to tackle the fivestar node in the next sub, so I had to dip into my Taco supply.

Another "Meh" of opening up 300 Taco tokens - I'm up to 158 health packs now.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Good: I had just won a fight in Strange Days against a fairly tough opponent.

Bad: MPQ completely crashed, froze my tablet and left me unable to do anything. I tried to re-set without success and then ended up on a screen in Chinese! Having no idea what to do I randomly pressed Chinese characters in some vague hope of restoring the thing. Then gave up and decided to see if it would run out of battery overnight and I could fix it next day after work.

Average: Checked in the morning and found tablet was working again! Yay! However, after getting home from work found for some reason MPQ had been wiped when all other apps were as before. Fortunately, a Facebook back-up saved me but I lost a good day and a half playtime (and didn’t get the chance to play any more Strange Days so finished outside Top 50) which meant a lot of missed iso which I could really use right now.

Extra Bad: Managed to get on and play some Simulator Round 3 - ran into that horrible Thorbit + Chavez team. Are they freakin' kidding me? Despite them having low healths my chamaped 4's got destroyed twice and gave up in a sulk.