Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bit of Both, Part 2 - Even if they do, he's still LVL 255, so it will take a LONG time to get him champed.
    Good - Customer Service replaced the Latest Legends cover, so my Thor is now 5/5/3.

Bad - It will take 553,929 ISO to fully level him up.

Bit of Both - If I sell of all six my max champed 3-stars, including the ones I don't have 13-covered backups for, I could do it.  
    What's your iso rate like? For most players well into 4* land, they can easily get an average of at least 30k iso a day. If that applies to you, you can get the 574k iso (lv255 to 450 + champ tax) in about 21 days
    I don't think I pull down 30K a day, as I am not that big into the PvP scene.  I generally place Top 100 in events, since my timing doesn't quite work out well to jump right in a slice when it starts.  I'm currently working on Howard the Duck, since Webbed Wonder is starting up and my LVL 209 3/5/5 Duck is just waiting to be champed.  That's about 230K ISO, which is quite doable in the next 17 days or so.

Also, Thor would be my first champed 5-star.  I've got Strange at 5/4/4, Thanos at 5/5/2 and OML at 5/3/3, but they're each in the LVL 340 range.  I'm starting to rebuild my CP and LTs horde, which I spent trying to get Gambit (2/3/4) and Thor before they left latest.  Just barely squeaked by with Thor, and Gambit's by Bonus 5-star hero now.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Good: Starting Lord of Thunder with my Troll team of champion 3* Thor, Bagman, MBW (because I don't want to attack or be attacked by Gambit), I was pushed to over 300 points with defensive wins.  From the token I got a 2* cover, which got me 3 CP, which took me over 20, so I opened a Classic, and got a BH Sandman, getting me a Latest.  Removing Sandman from the BH list, I opened the Latest.  A 5*, yippee!

Bad: Archangel.  He's now 4/0/4 and never used outside of essentials.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bit of Both, Part 2 - Even if they do, he's still LVL 255, so it will take a LONG time to get him champed.
    Good - Customer Service replaced the Latest Legends cover, so my Thor is now 5/5/3.

Bit of Both - If I sell of all six my max champed 3-stars, including the ones I don't have 13-covered backups for, I could do it.  
    What's your iso rate like? For most players well into 4* land, they can easily get an average of at least 30k iso a day. If that applies to you, you can get the 574k iso (lv255 to 450 + champ tax) in about 21 days
    I don't think I pull down 30K a day, as I am not that big into the PvP scene.  I generally place Top 100 in events, since my timing doesn't quite work out well to jump right in a slice when it starts.  I'm currently working on Howard the Duck, since Webbed Wonder is starting up and my LVL 209 3/5/5 Duck is just waiting to be champed.  That's about 230K ISO, which is quite doable in the next 17 days or so.

Also, Thor would be my first champed 5-star.  I've got Strange at 5/4/4, Thanos at 5/5/2 and OML at 5/3/3, but they're each in the LVL 340 range.  I'm starting to rebuild my CP and LTs horde, which I spent trying to get Gambit (2/3/4) and Thor before they left latest.  Just barely squeaked by with Thor, and Gambit's by Bonus 5-star hero now.

If you don't have covers dying on the vine, there's no real rush to champ him, especially not if you don't have any other fivestar champions.

Are you getting a green Thanos cover from Gamora soon you Think?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trying to make the switch from "spend as i get" to "wait till i have the iso" because i have a lvl 94 Rogue at 13 covers, and historically whenever i'm in that situation I am guaranteed to get at least 1 14th cover on the vine (also i missed out on JJ in the alias store, and i want to try for her when she hits tokens). I was up to 5LTs and 94cp this morning, which is the good. Then, I accidentally burned off an LT after opening a Heroic, which is the bad. Then there was a little more good in that i got a usable red War Machine (3/3/2), which is better than getting a 6th cover in any number of 10-11 cover 4*s I have with locked out colors, so sigh of relief there.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one is a common one in this thread.

’Awesome, pulled another 5*!’

’Oh’

’It’s my 6th Archangel...’
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kept pulling unusable Archangel covers that CS swapped for me, now I have him maxed covered

Have Quicksilver BH'd so I can champ him, keep drawing unusable green and blue covers.  I have 1 dying in 2 hours, and 6 other unusable covers.  Waiting on the RNG to finally give me that black so I can champ him and not have to sell all his dang extra covers
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Quebbster said:

If you don't have covers dying on the vine, there's no real rush to champ him, especially not if you don't have any other fivestar champions.

Are you getting a green Thanos cover from Gamora soon you Think?

Not even close.  My Gamora's LVL 289 right now, so at best I'll be wasting one of his purple covers before I get that.  She is one of my bonus 4-star heroes, though.  The other is FalCap, since his next level will also give me a LT.
  • Simplicius
    Simplicius Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Had a great day in terms of tokens; drawing three 4* covers on a handful of heroics (don't really know what do with them, since I'm not really at that level yet).

However, today was the first time I was able to take on the 3* node in DDQ, and I've sunk most of the day (and all of my health packs) chasing that BP cover to no avail. My higher level characters don't have enough covers, and my well-covered characters just can't stay in the game long enough to get their powers going. It's a stinky feeling.

Also, I really don't know what to do with this Shuri cover. The prog reward on the Shield PVP is taunting me, but I don't think I'll be able to get there. My highest level character is 2* Wolverine at level 98 but I have to dump a lot of ISO into the skip button just to find a team without a 5* or equivalent.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Being reminded why I hate pvp so much. Basically the moving goal posts for "progression" rewards. Having to earn the same points over and over and over again really sucks.

So yesterday evening I was doing unholy outlaw and got to 852 points when I hit a wall. Ok, 8 hour shield time. Will finish my push for 900 before bed. ****, already down to 804 points thanks to server lag.

Later that night when less people are playing I go for it again, but points were pretty slim. I got to 880something on 20-30 point matches and take 1 more to finish off and thats when the dungstorm starts. Despite winning I was down to 865ish points. Time to switch to a faster, less defensive team. Bad idea. Points started dropping faster than I was making them up. I had 2 players with dual champed 5*s repeatedly beating me up. I don't blame them personally. I was simply the best value for their time. Remember, don't hate the player, hate the game. PvP makes me really hate this game.

Back to the stronger, slower team. I guess they got the points they needed because then I was able slowly climb back to exactly 900 points off whatever team was available and winnable by me.

Despite all the stress & misery I did get the 4* cover. It's not I even really wanted cyclops, but I was so close I got determined to finish. All the extra fights also got me a couple 2*s and some additional much needed iso.

I hope they try to revamp pvp again soon. The way it is now sucks so much enjoyment out of the game. I know plenty will hate me saying this, but as far as I'm concerned they could double the points needed for rewards as long as the losses from hits were removed. At least then the goal line would stop moving, and that's the worst part of pvp.

The worst part is that we were given 1 beautiful season of no stress and then it was immediately taken away with seemingly no effort to fix it since.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a great day in terms of tokens; drawing three 4* covers on a handful of heroics (don't really know what do with them, since I'm not really at that level yet).

However, today was the first time I was able to take on the 3* node in DDQ, and I've sunk most of the day (and all of my health packs) chasing that BP cover to no avail. My higher level characters don't have enough covers, and my well-covered characters just can't stay in the game long enough to get their powers going. It's a stinky feeling.

Also, I really don't know what to do with this Shuri cover. The prog reward on the Shield PVP is taunting me, but I don't think I'll be able to get there. My highest level character is 2* Wolverine at level 98 but I have to dump a lot of ISO into the skip button just to find a team without a 5* or equivalent.
    I promise you I'm not trying to be discouraging, more trying to set realistic expectations. You likely won't be able to get to 2K in the Simulator until you're well into 3* land, knocking on the door of 4* land. 2* characters don't have the health pool to climb for extended amounts of time or deal enough damage to finish opponent teams before someone else defeats your team.

At a certain point, you'll likely find yourself fighting and winning a battle, only to be greeted by a message that three (or more)  other people with stronger teams defeated you and you actually lost points.

As tempting as 4* characters are right now, if your highest level character is a level 98 Wolverine, you need to focus on building out your 2* and 3* champs before you tackle the mountain known as the 4* tier. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened a number of times today: I run up against that turn where the other team fires almost all of their powers in one go.

Which then means that I have more AP than them in all pools, and America punches them all in the face :smiley:
  • Quebbster
    Options

The bad: I had been hoping Black Bolt would be essential in Simulator since he is almost done and the right Hero For Hire offer would have been very welcome (i.e. not green that's maxed already).

The good: I decided to use the 250 CP I had saved up for Heroes for Hire on Latest Legends and got Another Thor cover! Considering how much I use him and how soon he leaves, that was very welcome indeed!

The inbetween: Thor was the only fivestar I got out of a dozen pulls. But I had a hot streak earlier this week so I suppose I was due a Cold streak to even things out a bit. And the fourstar champion levels gave a fair bit of much needed HP, so it's certainly not all bad.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yesterday was a good example of this. I was the on-call psychologist for drop-ins at a university counseling center. Realized I forgot about Rags PVP and it ended in less than 3 hours. Climbed exactly to 850 and the hits came crashing in. Each win for me set me back another 80-200 points (the bad). Uphill battle for sure. Finally shielded out at like 730 and never got the 900 cover (the bad)- but decided that I was lucky just to play since no one came from drop in (the good).

I opened my three event tokens expecting my usual trio of twos and to my surprise I got 2* Bullseye, 4* Nico, 4* Vulture, and a bonus America Chavez! All three are champ levels. Very pleasant surprise!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Good: Red Hulk, Vulture & X-23 are the Shield Training characters, which seems more much manageable than some times, both in terms of being appropriately leveled and having passable synergy with one another.

The Bad: I still haven't pulled a single Red Hulk from a LT since they changed the odds to 15% on 5*'s a couple years ago, so my Red Hulk is still only at 1/4/2.

The Bit of Both: I dropped the 7,000 HP on the Shield Simulator vault to raise my RHulk to 2/4/2 and set him as my lone BH with only two covers needed in the next week.  Even though probabilities don't work this way, I haven't had a 4* BH this month, so it does feel like I'm "due".  We shall see...  If nothing else, the Elite tokens were actually pretty decent and even resulted in a Mockingbird champ level among the other 2* & 3* champ levels.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a 1 5* in 30 Latest Legends pulls streak (I'll leave it the reader to guess who that one 5* hAAppened to be), and between Latest Legends and the JJ Token Store I've gone over 80 pulls without a bonus 4* (pretty much ever since I selected 4* BP to be my Bonus Hero in an effort to get his last cover I've had a big fat goose egg in that department).

With less than 12 hours to go before Valkyrie events started and she officially hit rosters as a New character I pulled my 13th Black Panther from Latest Legends and was able to champ him. For a little over 11 hours I was able to say I had all the 4* champed. Yay!
  • Tom7883
    Tom7883 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Good- Added a champ level to 2* Bullseye and got a heroic token as the reward. That heroic token turned into an Iceman cover and gave me a bonus character which was the black 4* Deadpool cover that finally allowed me to champ my 9/2/7 Deadpool!!!

Bad- I had to recently sell 3 Deadpool covers in my vine... 3000 iso... sweet
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Good - I got the 13th cover for my second 3-star Luke Cage. My first one is Max Champed.

Bad - I've got four more covers on the vine for him, and he's woefully underleveled.

Both - I just spent all my ISO on champing Howard the Duck, as I got the 14th cover for him from the Webbed Wonder.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got two 4* in my Season 10-pack :)

One was Kraven, and the other was a red dupe for my 5/5/2 Mockingbird :(
  • Quebbster
    Options

The bad: I have been missing out on top placement in both PvE and PvP, so it looks like my Valkyrie will have to get by without any red covers for now.

The good: I Think only getting two colors means I will be able to play the fourth solo node in SHIELD training once I get the progression covers from PvP. It's been a while since I was able to unlock that.

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bad: Missing out on T10 on Simulator and getting only the black & yellow Valkyrie covers.

Good:  Using the Simulator token I still had and getting a red cover!

p.s. Also, good:  getting the LL token from Valkyrie & Friends.