Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad: It started with something bad. I was struggling anyway in the DD PvP due to a complete lack of any decent boosted 4* apart from Peggy who isn't even fully covered but I made an attempt for 900, got to within 1 fight but got caught up in a slog which ended up as my DD vs their DD and bam! got hit, knocked down 90 or so points and had to shield. Anyway, I ended up getting distracted and didn't go back so miseed the 4* cover.

Average: Despite the above, I managed a top 50 finish and so at least bagged a couple of Star Lord covers.

Good: From a heroic I pulled a Medusa cover, it was a dupe but not bad news at all. I have KK positioned 2 covers away from the red cover I need to champ Medusa and that extra cover will bring an LT! Failing that I should at least get a HFH offer hopefully or last resport CP. Either way I will finally get to champ her after waiting all these months.

• JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Received my first 4* BH in what seems like forever today.  Of course, it's Drax black, which is the only color of his that I'm at 5 in.  And just to add insult to injury, I've already got another black cover of his in queue getting ready to be converted to 1K ISO.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled three 5*s today, but none of them were 5* Thor, who I need 4 more covers to finish.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you get three match-5s in a row to spam 2* Hawkeye's Speed Shot...

...and the resultant cascades and lack of Purple tiles mean you only end up with two Speed Shot tiles.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

...and the resultant cascades and lack of Purple tiles mean you only end up with two Speed Shot tiles.
    That seems to happen way too often with him. Very frustrating when it comes up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure if that's worse, or when you get 2 match-5s in a turn and then all those countdowns resolve between waves, doing no damage to the full-health wave that comes in behind it.

Last night, I got a 12th cover for Nico, making her 5/2/5. Then, I got to the progression reward in Prodigal Sun that gives out a pair of heroics. My second heroic gave me...an unusable blue Nico with...a bonus yellow Kingpin! Sadly, Kingpin is 3/3/6 now, and I have a 7th yellow coming from daily rewards in a few days. Both he and Nico are several hundred thousand iso under-leveled for their cover stacks, so I'm thinking that at best I'll be able to get one of them over to champ before I start losing covers.

In other tinfoil hat related news, I have never not had a 4* character near champ not give me a cover that i'm intended to race to save. As soon as I got any of them to 13, waiting for iso, I was always given a 14th cover almost immediately. I'll never believe that RNG is truly random and not weighted to make you want to buy in to the game lol.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad : Mindlessly paying no attention and accidentally opened a LT from my hoard.

Good : Got a 5* Thor Green to make him 4/5/2.  Phew.  Dodged a bullet that it wasn't a Sandman!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure if that's worse, or when you get 2 match-5s in a turn and then all those countdowns resolve between waves, doing no damage to the full-health wave that comes in behind it.

Last night, I got a 12th cover for Nico, making her 5/2/5. Then, I got to the progression reward in Prodigal Sun that gives out a pair of heroics. My second heroic gave me...an unusable blue Nico with...a bonus yellow Kingpin! Sadly, Kingpin is 3/3/6 now, and I have a 7th yellow coming from daily rewards in a few days. Both he and Nico are several hundred thousand iso under-leveled for their cover stacks, so I'm thinking that at best I'll be able to get one of them over to champ before I start losing covers.

In other tinfoil hat related news, I have never not had a 4* character near champ not give me a cover that i'm intended to race to save. As soon as I got any of them to 13, waiting for iso, I was always given a 14th cover almost immediately. I'll never believe that RNG is truly random and not weighted to make you want to buy in to the game lol.
    At one point not that long ago, I had more than a dozen 4* characters fully covered sitting on my roster. I've been champing them as the ISO comes in, and the order is often determined by who has a 14th cover (or more) in my queue, but I've had to toss very few covers because I couldn't champ them in time. 

I mostly hoard, occasionally doing enough pulls to get a new 5* for essential nodes or trying to cover a 5* right before they move to Classics, for instance. 

Over the course of several months and many pulls, I don't believe I've hit a 14th cover for Miles or Punmax, who are the only ones left after several months. I covered Chulk during my last pull session, but haven't pulled since. Nico and America only recently became fully covered; Nico does have two extra covers on the vine already, and America will when I hit 900 in Gamora's PvP.

Anyway, if you want to avoid cover waste or five yourself a bit of a breather, I strongly recommend hoarding at least CP and LTs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'll probably get there before too long now that I'm getting into the mid-teens on champed 4*s and I'm not scrambling for a viable team, but I find that the bulk of my resources come from champ rewards, which come from covers, which come from...opening tokens, so the machine kind of feeds itself to a degree. It's cool though, i'm not that sad if I have to let a cover go. It's kind of fun to race to champ a specific character every so often, but now that i'm getting more of them up in the 10-12 cover range without them being leveled, the iso crunch is starting to get a little more real. I have a few 2*s on my farm that are within 5-8 covers of max-champ, which should solve the short-term problem here.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was mostly one top of things until I got to about probably the mid to upper 30s or so for 4* champs. I was hoarding but this was basically the whole time we had vaulting, and I was doing well in placement, so my roster was progressing, just perhaps not as well as it could have. 

Then I started consistently hitting 900 in PvP, which pushed me along faster. And I finally cracked my hoard over the course of about a month to minimize wastage. I can't remember exactly how many 4*s I champed in a month, but it was at least a dozen.

That was all around anniversary time. I think by late November or early December I found myself in the ISO drought I'm still in.  I'm close on the 4*s, just have four on my vine to save and three more fully covered after that, which will take me to 57 4* champs. Only the latest three have fewer than 11 covers. 

It was kind of fun racing to get a character champed on time at first, but it's become somewhat exhausting. And realistically, I've still got several months ahead, as I've burned down a lot of my 2* farm and now have several 3* dupes to champ.

And then there are the 5*s...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: promoting Punisher Max to champion via a bonus pull. That's 32 I think.

Mixed: finally pulling the 2* Magneto purple I needed to re-champ him (I'd been stuck waiting on it for over a week), but now lacking the ISO...

Bad: because champing Punisher burned my ISO supply down to 40K.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was trying to get as many standard/elite tokens as possible to get the last blue for a 2/5/5 2* Magneto with the first of twelve covers about to die on the vine.  I didn't get one, but I did get last red for a 5/2/5 2* Hawkeye to clear two of those covers.  The new heroic from Hawkeye didn't finish Magneto, either, but did add a champ
    level for 4* Elektra, giving me enough CP for a LT which ended up being my 6th OML cover.

i had to sell the dying MNMags cover and am now up to thirteen on the vine, but it's hard to argue with the result....
  • Tucsonjon
    Tucsonjon Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    • Pulled a blue Doc Oc 4-3-0 (meh)
    • Oc gave me BH red Gambit 4-2-2 (awesome)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: I champed Medusa so now it's my turn to be one of those players!

Average: 4 Thor red cover is coming up on HFH next which will mean I can fully cover her, too bad about the 3600 HP cost

Bad: Looks like yet another Nick Fury will die on the vine and get turned into 1000 iso, that Black Widow champion reward snuck up on me...sorry Nick but I need that iso for Mockingbird, Gamora, Th4r, RiRi, Star Lord...you will have to fight it out with Elektra and Venom when the time comes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Good: Got a usable Rogue cover bringing her to 12 covers. I totally wasn't paying any attention to her at all, had no clue I had that many

Bad: Got a usable Rogue cover, bringing her to 12 covers. I totally wasn't paying attention to her, and it costs nearly 300,000 iso to get her from lvl 94-250. I have 840 iso in the bank because i'm racing to save the 2 Kingpins I have on the vine for my 11-cover Kingpin. At least I got him up to 229 this morning.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bad: entered slice 2.9 of Strange Sights at #919

Good: getting about halfway through my clears and already top 50 in my sub. Once I finished my initial clears sitting at #35

Average: sitting at #83 overall. what a strange event this is
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bob554 said:
    Bad: entered slice 2.9 of Strange Sights at #919

Good: getting about halfway through my clears and already top 50 in my sub. Once I finished my initial clears sitting at #35

Average: sitting at #83 overall. what a strange event this is

It's the Three different subs making their mark. You are only competing for bracket placement with about a third of the player base. #35 means you are in the top 10%, which translates to top 100 in the main bracket. Sounds about right to me.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing on my baby account, about halfway done champing my 2s and starting on rostering my 3s. I'm in the tricky part of rostering a 3 just long enough to get a use out of them, like being an essential in pve or needed for ddq, before I switch them for someone else until I can slowly roster them all. Today is Scarlet Witch. I looooove Scarlet Witch. Hmm. What 3* can I cut for now? Bullseye? Nope, using him in Strange Sights. Kamala? She's an essential in Ultron. Maybe Hawkeye? His ddq is coming up so no. Damn. That leaves IM40, Strange and Falcon. Hell no to all of those. Wait. Maybe Thor? I like Thor but I don't absolutely need him right now. Before I sell him let's see if I can pull some hp out of the token vault. I mean if I can just somehow pull out 250 then I can roster Switch, keep Thor and maybe earn enough hp before the next regular pve event so I can roster Cap.

I hit the 1* and 2* nodes and get the taco token. 5 health packs. No hp. That sucks. Sorry, Thor. I roster Switch and do Dat Required Character. I cash in the second taco token and get... 250 hp. Of course.