Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

KahmonKahmon Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
Sometimes things happen and I'm not sure if the story should go in best or worst moment thread, so heres a new one for mixed results. Here's my start for it.

I didn't think through shield timing on the Real Steel pvp event and started a climb about 12 hours before it ended. With about 11:30 to go I was at 820 points and out of health packs so I put up an 8 hours shield so I could finish later.

Next push took me to 988 points with no viable path forward and 3:11remaining so I put up a 3 hour shield. I was in 29th place and only hoping for a T50 finish for the 3*s.

Just before end of event I queued up a couple fights to pad my score, but as the event ended I was hit fot 188 points and fell all the way to 52nd place by a mere 17 points.

On the plus side, 51st-100th places gives 3 elite tokens and all 3 gave me 3*s which made up for my placement.
Shield Rank 140
1* - All 8 because I like a complete roster.
2* - All at 144 with a dupe for farming. 2x 144 Bagman.
3* - All 47 champed at least once. 27 maxed and duped.
4* - All rostered. 67 champed. High of 317.
5* - Have all 27 rostered. 4 champed.
Supports - 26/39. High of Lucky @ 168/200.

Comments

• halirinhalirin Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    I champed miles and the token took angel to 2/2/0
  • shardwickshardwick Posts: 632 Critical Contributor
    I took first place in sub 1 of Thick as Thieves but I clicked through the sub 1 reward quickly when it popped up thinking it was just some popup for a standard token for beating an easy node in sub 2 and didn't get to enjoy my little moment of awesomeness.

Also, I would call this thread "Your "Eh" moment of the day."
  • halirinhalirin Posts: 274 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Also, I would call this thread "Your "Eh" moment of the day."
    aka 5/3 starlord
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 1,209 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 3
    I obtained the needed iso to champ my R4G by buying the last cover from the HfH store only to discover to my horror I had mistimed how long the deal had left and it had expired.

So I champed Gwenpool instead.
    I mean... her green is pretty awesome.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 1,418 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think most the 4* I have left to champ would fall in this category. I just Champed IW today... meh. 

Brock, Ghost Rider, Mr. F, Thing, Gwen, Quake, Kraven? Mehhhhh.

I will muster excitement for Thor, be very excited for Chavez, and of course ecstatic the day I champ Howard and win MPQ!
  • CalnexinCalnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 5
    Last year when Gambit entered tokens I started a very dry run on 5* pulls.  The lower than expected rate prevented me from covering Daredevil and only allowed me to accumulate 2 Thor and 9 Gambit.

When Archangel entered tokens, my rate picked up substantially.  I'm now the "proud" owner of a 0/4/5 Archangel.

This is my fastest rate cover rate for any 5* in my personal history.  But it's all Archangel.

All.  Archangel.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 1,209 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I mean... her green is pretty awesome.
    It is and I especially like that you have to try and get that little gun thingy first.

I sure do see lots of Gwenpool teams out there unlike those Tree/Raccoon guys...
  • grannegranne Posts: 839 Critical Contributor
    LT for Alliance season placement gave me a Gamora champ level, to take her to level 300.

Where she kindly presented me with a purple cover for my 2/5/0 Thanos.

That's the first 5* cover I've ever had to sell, but I'm sure it won't be the last.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 1,889 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a purple cover for X-23 from a Heroic token. Pretty nice. Would have been really nice if it had happened yesterday, before I spent the 120CP to champ her and save the two greens I had on the vine, one about to expire.
    If Otto Octavius has good enough fine motor control with his tentacles, he could make a heck of a one-man band. He could call himself Doctor Rocktopus.
  • professorplum9professorplum9 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    I pulled 10 elite and 10 heroic tokens and between both types I ended up with 20 2*. I was able to apply all those covers to my 2* farm and get enough XP to push me to the next S.H.I.E.L.D Rank minting me 70K ISO. Yay!?
    DDQ gave me a Deadpool and I completely forgot that the next one was #223 which gave me a purple for my 5/2/5 Deadpool so naturally I applied the cover as soon as possible without even thinking. I like to wait before the 3* cover is about to expire before I apply it so I can essentially give myself four weeks to try and get the 4* and save up iso to champ it. So now I get to finish off champing Yondu soon and then hope that I can get a h4h offer for the taco lover plus save up the rest to get him champed so this cover doesn't go to waste. The good is that I really like XFDP so he can help me defensively in pvp.

Now watch them offer me the 13th cover that I also need for Fury instead.
  • DaichesDaiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 12
    The Good:
    Yesterday from all the rewards coming in and some good Champ cascades, I had 15 LT pulls!

The Bad:
    I went 2/15.. bringing my season total to 12/118.. 2 season total to 24/243. 
    Yes, that is less than 10% on what is basically a horror hoard opening.

The Ugly:
    No, CS says this rate is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with 10% according to them. 243 pulls is statistically insignificant apparently. Never mind that I have 2481 tracked pulls to show them these are by far the 2 worst seasons and a far aberration of my fairly flat median pull rate in the 23 seasons preceding these two.

Edit: 26/274. Gambit gone. Should move this to worst bears thread 
  • jym010jym010 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Got a LT for beating crash today...turned in a yellow America 1/2/0 with a BH of red gamora (now a 5/3/1)...sigh...
    Finally got a h4h offer for my XFDP. Yes! Oh, it's a Shield Training offer to give his red that I don't need. Meh.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Finally got a h4h offer for my XFDP. Yes! Oh, it's a Shield Training offer to give his red that I don't need. Meh.
    Yeah I might have taken this offer for my 5/5/2 Falcap, but since I'm offered a red it's a very hard no.
    Co-Commander: Fluffers T100 PvE
    Recruitment Status: Full - Alliance page

My Roster - Updated 2/26/17

Champions:
    * * - Farming
    * * * - 47/47 (100%)
    * * * * - 67/71 (94%)
    * * * * *  - 8/26 (31%)

Founder and President of the Anti-Supports Squad!  Join today!
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 1,418 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    That just feels like a "something bad" lol.
  • DogfaceDogface Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Champed El3ktra with a cover from DDQ -> LT -> 6th Nico yellow cover ... Now at 1/5/1
    I foresee some disappointing pulls ahead.
  • Pr0spect0rPr0spect0r Posts: 219 Tile Toppler
    This whole new Wakanda event
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 1,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I pull a Kraven and get him closer to 10 covers. I may need to level him soon....