Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Kahmon
Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
Sometimes things happen and I'm not sure if the story should go in best or worst moment thread, so heres a new one for mixed results. Here's my start for it.

I didn't think through shield timing on the Real Steel pvp event and started a climb about 12 hours before it ended. With about 11:30 to go I was at 820 points and out of health packs so I put up an 8 hours shield so I could finish later.

Next push took me to 988 points with no viable path forward and 3:11remaining so I put up a 3 hour shield. I was in 29th place and only hoping for a T50 finish for the 3*s.

Just before end of event I queued up a couple fights to pad my score, but as the event ended I was hit fot 188 points and fell all the way to 52nd place by a mere 17 points.

On the plus side, 51st-100th places gives 3 elite tokens and all 3 gave me 3*s which made up for my placement.

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I champed miles and the token took angel to 2/2/0
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took first place in sub 1 of Thick as Thieves but I clicked through the sub 1 reward quickly when it popped up thinking it was just some popup for a standard token for beating an easy node in sub 2 and didn't get to enjoy my little moment of awesomeness.

Also, I would call this thread "Your "Eh" moment of the day."
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Also, I would call this thread "Your "Eh" moment of the day."
    aka 5/3 starlord
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I obtained the needed iso to champ my R4G by buying the last cover from the HfH store only to discover to my horror I had mistimed how long the deal had left and it had expired.

So I champed Gwenpool instead.
  • shardwick
    I mean... her green is pretty awesome.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think most the 4* I have left to champ would fall in this category. I just Champed IW today... meh. 

Brock, Ghost Rider, Mr. F, Thing, Gwen, Quake, Kraven? Mehhhhh.

I will muster excitement for Thor, be very excited for Chavez, and of course ecstatic the day I champ Howard and win MPQ!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Last year when Gambit entered tokens I started a very dry run on 5* pulls.  The lower than expected rate prevented me from covering Daredevil and only allowed me to accumulate 2 Thor and 9 Gambit.

When Archangel entered tokens, my rate picked up substantially.  I'm now the "proud" owner of a 0/4/5 Archangel.

This is my fastest rate cover rate for any 5* in my personal history.  But it's all Archangel.

All.  Archangel.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I mean... her green is pretty awesome.
    It is and I especially like that you have to try and get that little gun thingy first.

I sure do see lots of Gwenpool teams out there unlike those Tree/Raccoon guys...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    LT for Alliance season placement gave me a Gamora champ level, to take her to level 300.

Where she kindly presented me with a purple cover for my 2/5/0 Thanos.

That's the first 5* cover I've ever had to sell, but I'm sure it won't be the last.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a purple cover for X-23 from a Heroic token. Pretty nice. Would have been really nice if it had happened yesterday, before I spent the 120CP to champ her and save the two greens I had on the vine, one about to expire.
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I pulled 10 elite and 10 heroic tokens and between both types I ended up with 20 2*. I was able to apply all those covers to my 2* farm and get enough XP to push me to the next S.H.I.E.L.D Rank minting me 70K ISO. Yay!?
  • shardwick
    DDQ gave me a Deadpool and I completely forgot that the next one was #223 which gave me a purple for my 5/2/5 Deadpool so naturally I applied the cover as soon as possible without even thinking. I like to wait before the 3* cover is about to expire before I apply it so I can essentially give myself four weeks to try and get the 4* and save up iso to champ it. So now I get to finish off champing Yondu soon and then hope that I can get a h4h offer for the taco lover plus save up the rest to get him champed so this cover doesn't go to waste. The good is that I really like XFDP so he can help me defensively in pvp.

Now watch them offer me the 13th cover that I also need for Fury instead.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    The Good:
    Yesterday from all the rewards coming in and some good Champ cascades, I had 15 LT pulls!

The Bad:
    I went 2/15.. bringing my season total to 12/118.. 2 season total to 24/243. 
    Yes, that is less than 10% on what is basically a horror hoard opening.

The Ugly:
    No, CS says this rate is perfectly fine. Nothing wrong with 10% according to them. 243 pulls is statistically insignificant apparently. Never mind that I have 2481 tracked pulls to show them these are by far the 2 worst seasons and a far aberration of my fairly flat median pull rate in the 23 seasons preceding these two.

Edit: 26/274. Gambit gone. Should move this to worst bears thread 
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Got a LT for beating crash today...turned in a yellow America 1/2/0 with a BH of red gamora (now a 5/3/1)...sigh...
  • shardwick
    Finally got a h4h offer for my XFDP. Yes! Oh, it's a Shield Training offer to give his red that I don't need. Meh.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Finally got a h4h offer for my XFDP. Yes! Oh, it's a Shield Training offer to give his red that I don't need. Meh.
    Yeah I might have taken this offer for my 5/5/2 Falcap, but since I'm offered a red it's a very hard no.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    That just feels like a "something bad" lol.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Champed El3ktra with a cover from DDQ -> LT -> 6th Nico yellow cover ... Now at 1/5/1
    I foresee some disappointing pulls ahead.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    This whole new Wakanda event
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I pull a Kraven and get him closer to 10 covers. I may need to level him soon....