Something good, something bad, a bit of both. Your mixed results thread.

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good - got 1* Spidey covers!!!! Yes!!!!!!

Bad - They are purple!!!! I don't need no steenkin' purple!  Gah!!!

Will I never get him fully covered!?!?!
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have 9/25  of my remaining 4*'s sitting at 13 covers waiting for iso. However, I can complete Kingpin(3/4/5) right now on his black HfH and with the iso and maybe hopefully the elite rewards have enough to champ PinkPanther.  Just shuffling Fisk in his stead and basically tread dilution.
    So I buy it: and have a great pull! Some 3's and two BH! tons of big iso come in and at the end of all the side perks on my vine is the Wilson's Gambit (Black) cover and I think to myself:
    "You should play the long-game and hold this for two weeks cuz saved covers won't work anymore" 
    nah - 
    Apply it. Feel accomplishment: not just another one ready to go but because he was one of my very first 4*: KP/IW/Rhulk were my biggest and baddest @1 cover, (pre rebalncing(s)) and lemme tell you that if your lone Rhulk cover is purple? He really don't do nuthin. My Kingpin had goons that seemed to hit kinda hard at the time so he ended up getting play. Its been a long time coming and I felt good about how everything just fell together perfectly. I mentally prioritize him for nostalgia sake towards the middle of the line. 
    Next I spend all my iso, champ panther with 3k to spare, apply #14 for the LL =
    Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) : Maggia Pawns (Yellow) 4/4/6   :D 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: I hit 20th place for the Mind Stone season in SCL8, the first time getting T25 for a season.

Bad: The results of my two 10 packs? Drumroll please... 19 2*s and one 3*, no BH. There was literally only one outcome that could have been worse. 

Bit of both: The Support token got me my first 1* Korg.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh - I did not get the XFW cover with any of the tokens I pulled from the Deadpool Daily vault, nor as the bonus hero for any of the tokens I've pulled over the past couple of weeks.

Good - I spent the 3600 HP to get the XFW cover in Heroes for Hire, bringing my guy up to LVL 300 for Old Man Logan cover #13.

Bad - With the Latest Legends token I got for using Gambit in that last PvP season, I pulled...an XFW cover.   :#
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deciding that pulling tokens is more fun than hoarding I spent the 300+ CP that I'd accrued (since I last spent it) and within 3 pulls had added covers to two of my 5*s. But I kept pulling, and I added quite a few more 5* covers. I definitely got better than the advertised rate of 1 in 7.

And then I pulled a Gambit. I've had him at 4/4/4 for a good couple of months now, so of course I pulled a Gambit today.

If I sold him right now I'd get 9 5* Tokens, but if I dump 200k+ Iso into him (he's 390 at the moment) I think I'd be able to get 13 5* covers for selling him.

But I don't care that he's just been nerfed, and isn't even top 5 now, I'm still not selling him.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I needed 1 more Black cover for X-Force Wolvie to reach 5 Black covers so I'd have a good chance in his crash against 3 Cyc. I see in the Taco vault there is a Black cover and I have 450 tokens saved.

Bad: the first 150 tokens didn't give any of the big 4 prizes (LT, 1000 hp, 2 4* covers). In the end it took 281 tokens before I got that needed Black cover and 287 tokens before I got the 2nd 4* cover (already had 1000 hp and LT by pull 281).

Good: After applying somewhere around 150+ 2* and 3* champ covers I got from the taco vault I ended up netting 13 heroic tokens. I opened those and pulled 3 4* champ covers (Mockingbird, Vulture and Quake). Even better was Mockingbirds put her to 280 so I got a bonus LT reward for the hoard.

Bit of both: My level 209 wolvie with 5 black covers still took 5 tries to beat 3 Cyc to add another LT to the hoard.

KGB

• DanielleL
    DanielleL Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good: Got America Chavez as a bonus hero.

Bad: She's at 0/2/0 so still not good for her crash against Loki.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good. Finally got a 13th cover for my 4/4/4 Gambit.
    Bad. It was after he'd been nerfed.
    Bit of both. I had to level him to 439 to get 13 5* tokens for selling him, but I got a decent chunk of Iso back.

2nd Good. Out of those 13 tokens, I got 3 Okoye covers, 1 of each color.
    2nd Bad. I already had her at 5/3/2, so the extra black cover had to be saved.
    Bit of both. It was my 7th black Okoye cover so that's 2/3 covers saved, but she's also now 5/4/3 so 1 more cover in any color and she will be fully-covered.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Pulled a 10th cover for IW Spidey.
    Bad: It was a few hours after Shield Training finished.
    Meh: I didn't have the ISO to get him to 209 anyhow.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: Pulled a Gold Support token from Emma vault.  Got Hulking.
    Bad: lvl 2 
    Meh: it could have been like the last few times I was lucky to pull a support token... duplicate... blech....

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two separate ones. The first is a little out of order: 

Bad: Season 10 pack yielded 10 2*s.
    Bit of both: One of those champ rewards put Daken to 131 for the HT.
    Good: HT pull was War Machine, who hit 290. LT was Teen Jean with BH G4mora. So in a way, I ended up with three 4* covers from the 10 pack. 

Good: LT from winning the Crash was a 5* cover. 
    Bad: It was Wasp. 
    Bit of both: It was her yellow cover, making her 1/1/1.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far only a good day today. Opened 5 classics, 3 of which were 5* - thanos, widow and jjones. All which I needed
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to celebrate the end of cover waste by buying classics until I hit a 5*. Ten pulls in just 4s, but I wasn't giving up and even decided to double down and go until 2 figuring the 2nd wouldn't take as many pulls.
    Finally on the 16th I gut a purple Star-lord. The 1 color I already had of him.
    Fortunately the 2nd came just 2 pulls later and was a red Civil War Captain America, the color I had the fewest of.

Overall 2/18 is below average, but not miserably so, and at least I found 1 cover quite useful.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good — Champed 4* number 26 today and have #27 waiting in the wings.

Bad — #26 was Kraven with #27 Nick Fury on the prowl.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

By the time you're getting your 26th and 27th 4* champs, you're going to be into the niche/sub-optimal ones no matter how you slice it. It means you have a solid enough base that you can now afford to spend resources on hyper-specific characters like Kraven.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

By the time you're getting your 26th and 27th 4* champs, you're going to be into the niche/sub-optimal ones no matter how you slice it. It means you have a solid enough base that you can now afford to spend resources on hyper-specific characters like Kraven.
    No doubt. I actually ran Kraven in sim tonight with Cardusa. Very pleasing results 😁.
  • NovaFalcon
    NovaFalcon Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cashed in a hoard of Deadpool tokens, hoping to fill in some gaps with featured characters. I pulled one single hero points token.  I pulled 68 healthpacks.  68.  Friggen. Healthpacks. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh - Noticing the Nova/Savage/Demolisher team in SCL9 has the Wilson's Gambit as their Team Up.

Bad - It triggered for about 4K AoE damage on my team.

Good - It got rid of two of  the Savage's green countdown tiles that would do about 33K damage to my team, including one that was going to go off next round, wiping out my team.

In words that will likely never be uttered again in these forums - Thanks, Kingpin!!!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bad – underestimating boosted Prof X in Colossus PvP and taking in an unhealed team, AI cascade into Match 5, Masterplan, Second cascade, Masterplan = 2 dead characters.

Good – Getting hit for 125 points but the retals allowing me to reach 900 for the 4* cover.

Meh – Thinking how this weeks boost list would have been nice to use in a 4* PvP.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good: First time ever finished #1 in a PVE event.  SCL7, doubt it'll ever happen again, but at least I did it woo-hoo

Bad: Due to timing, my final score ended up 232 pts shy of getting the the 22cp max progression reward... 

Meh: Extra Val cover I guess offsets the 22cp  :|