Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Options

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl said:
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    If the 5* cover is unusable (e.g. My black bolt is 515) will customer services change it? @Brigby
    Apologies, but since Black Bolt is a Classic Legends character, Customer Support will unfortunately not be able to provide cover swaps for it
    Given that this latest move seems intended to push the rate of 5* acquisition, surely it is overdue for some system to be put in place to allow people to not waste extremely rare 5* covers due to the horrors of rng.
    Increased availabilty dilutes that pain and eventually erases that problem. Players used to complain a lot about distributions on 3*s and 4*s. You can still get in a jam on those, but it's only a speed bump, not a semi-permanent condition. Hopefully, 5*s will move more in that dir@Brigby

The typical player would need to see availability increase by several orders of magnitude for it to cease being a major concern and it is such a pointless limitation when it is at most 8 covers out of 113 where there colour actually matters, even removing the colour of a cover once you reach 5 in that colour would be a reasonable approach that would still have some rng in how characters were initially built out.
    HOnestly, the bulk of your roster needs to avg over 300 unboosted.  Once you get all your 4*/3* champed and into the 320 plus range,  the cp and LTs flow at a very consistent

Its not uncommon at all for free to play players to consistently champion a 5* in the LL window.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Crowl said:
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    @steve111 said:
    If the 5* cover is unusable (e.g. My black bolt is 515) will customer services change it? @Brigby
    Apologies, but since Black Bolt is a Classic Legends character, Customer Support will unfortunately not be able to provide cover swaps for it
    Given that this latest move seems intended to push the rate of 5* acquisition, surely it is overdue for some system to be put in place to allow people to not waste extremely rare 5* covers due to the horrors of rng.
    Increased availabilty dilutes that pain and eventually erases that problem. Players used to complain a lot about distributions on 3*s and 4*s. You can still get in a jam on those, but it's only a speed bump, not a semi-permanent condition. Hopefully, 5*s will move more in that dir@Brigby

The typical player would need to see availability increase by several orders of magnitude for it to cease being a major concern and it is such a pointless limitation when it is at most 8 covers out of 113 where there colour actually matters, even removing the colour of a cover once you reach 5 in that colour would be a reasonable approach that would still have some rng in how characters were initially built out.
    HOnestly, the bulk of your roster needs to avg over 300 unboosted.  Once you get all your 4*/3* champed and into the 320 plus range,  the cp and LTs flow at a very consistent

Its not uncommon at all for free to play players to consistently champion a 5* in the LL window.
    That has almost zero to do with my point that it is a stupid limitation for cover colour to matter for 8 out of the 113 covers that are needed to max a character and being able to hoard sufficiently to champ new characters does not help the ones that are stranded with the bloated 5* roster in classic tokens.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love the change, don't see the need for colorless covers. 
    translation: This problem doesn't affect me; ipso catso no problem exists.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    I love the change, don't see the need for colorless covers. 
    translation: This problem doesn't affect me; ipso catso no problem exists.
    Or I'm not a whiner who complains about free 5* covers that you otherwise would never have had....
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The issue of clorless covers, or some other solution to duplicates, goes way beyond the bonus 5*s being added.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just received my 5* Black Bolt cover from Medusa, and it was a green one! He's now at 1/3/4 and level 285. I don't want to put any more iso into 5s just yet.
  • Noobulator
    Options
    @Brigby

Any clue when other champed 4* progression rewards will be announced? Curious if this will be a continuous thing? i.e. drops every week or if they will come in batches of 3 every season or some other format. Any insight into how further 4* progression reward changes will be rolled out is much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Any clue when other champed 4* progression rewards will be announced? Curious if this will be a continuous thing? i.e. drops every week or if they will come in batches of 3 every season or some other format. Any insight into how further 4* progression reward changes will be rolled out is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    As I've seen from screens of discord another batch will be released each time a new 5 star moves into Latest tokens
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    As I've seen from screens of discord another batch will be released each time a new 5 star moves into Latest tokens
    If thats the case then one of the next 3 is for sure elektra feeding into daredevi
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    If thats the case then one of the next 3 is for sure elektra feeding into daredevi
    ...why is Rule 34 the first thing that comes to mind after reading that?

That aside, once per Epic token rotation sounds awfully slow. Then again, I’m in no rush to sell more covers that I wasn’t prepared to apply for the glacial rate of actually Champing epics. Already at 13 for OML, Phoenix, and Daredevil, 1 Champ level on Medusa away from a 4/4/5 Black Bolt, but I feel there’s no higher priority than Gambit.
  • Noobulator
    Options
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    Thanks for the info, that seems like a reasonable approach.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they do that then it's gonna be a while before each 4* is feeding a 5*.

Number of 5*s Number with feeders
    20 3
    21 6
    22 9
    23 12
    24 15
    25 18
    26 21
    27 24
    At this point I doubt they would go as generous as to start adding feeders for Latest 5*s.  At that point they'd probably either start doing some second feeders (unlikely) or drop to adding the newest classics feeder each time.  Even still it will take about 21 weeks to get to that point.  It'll be a fun ride though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    As a frequent Discord reader, I have to call this as speculation by players. No official word has come regarding timing.  It could be correct, or they might do it once per season until they catch up.  Or who knows?

5’s release at interval of 4-8 weeks, btw.
  • Noobulator
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    As a frequent Discord reader, I have to call this as speculation by players. No official word has come regarding timing.  It could be correct, or they might do it once per season until they catch up.  Or who knows?

5’s release at interval of 4-8 weeks, btw.
    @Brigby can weigh in maybe...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Noobulator
    I unfortunately don't know what the definitive rotation is, however I do know that Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) will have her Champion Rewards updated to include Thanos (The Mad Titan) after tomorrow's daily patch.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have received 5*s for Medusa and Gamora! I love it!! I'm excited about the next ones! It's nice to finally get a bit closer to championing some of my classic 5*s that couldn't get any love any other way, especially as many of them have 5 covers of a particular cover, so I was afraid of wasting them as bonus heroes.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Today's batch is where it felt pretty good. My Vulture is mid-270s, and when he gets those few levels, it is the color that Peter Parker has 5 in. Medusa is mid-280's, but Black Bolt was already 5/4/1. Gamora is at 300 and my Thanos was at 1/1/5, which means two covers and I can use both of them!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    fmftint said:
    @Brigby

Thanks!
    I hope you're right!  My 0/3/2 Daredevil and LVL 280 Elektra will team up quite nicely there.

I'll probably lose an OML cover when XFW starts giving OML covers, as my OML is 5/3/3...but since my XFW is LVL 294, I'd be closing in on another yellow cover for him pretty soon.
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby any update on the next batch to go out?  Is this going to be very slow and drawn out or a few every couple weeks?
  • Ironpastor75
    Ironpastor75 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hope Kingping brings the Daredevil 5 stars