Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Comments

• Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Just when I was thinking of walking away, D3 changes PvP back and now this.  So excited for monday!!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh heck....and here's me spending ISO on 3* dupes.

Gonna need a big ISO injection into this game now 8I
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I’ll finally get a thanos Black if this is true yahoo!!
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dang. Guess I’ll have to start investing in my 5* roster more now. 

Looking ahead as to the 4* to 5* rewards.....

Jean Grey > Phoenix
    Cyclops > Phoenix
    Wolverine > OML
    X-23 > OML
    Rogue > Gambit
    Starlord > Starlord
    Gladiator Hulk > Thor
    Elektra > DD
    Fury > Black Widow

?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose this was the logical follow-up to the fivestar essential node in PvE. Looking forward to getting a Parker cover eventually (My Vulture is 2/0/0, so I only need 21 more covers for him...)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
  • xsebishop
    xsebishop Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby For those who have sold dupe level 370 4* characters, will we be granted the covers from those as well?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    This is a solid update. I only have six 4* characters at 280 or above so far, but one day it will help me. It is unclear if all 4* characters will eventually receive this treatment and if more than one character can point to a 5*, but here is my 280-and-above-list and hopes:

1) Captain Marvel   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI) or 5* Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    2) Kingpin   -->   5* Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    3) Agent Couson   -->   5* Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    4) Iron Man   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
    5) Professor X   -->   5* Jean Grey (Phoenix) 
    6) Red Hulk   -->   5* Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    Aside from Kingpin and IMHB, some stretches here. ;) Trying to think who would be most likely to give 5*s without doubling down, though they've never been too bothered with multiple 3*s giving the same 4*.

Silver Surfer - Maybe Carol, but I assume she'll get a 5* around her movie release. So maybe Reed, Sue, or Thing.
    OML - X-Force
    Phoenix - Jean Grey
    BSSM - Venom
    Green Goblin - Sandman
    Iron Man - IMHB
    Captain America - Sam Wilson
    Hulk - GladiHulk
    Black Bolt - Medusa
    Black Widow - Fury
    Strange  - Mordo
    Thanos - Gamora
    Black Panther - No idea. Reed to keep the 3 to 4 to 5* path. Maybe Carol since their both in the Ultimates.
    Hawkeye - Kate Bishop
    Starlord - Starlord
    Doc Ock - Carnage
    SMPP - Vulture
    Gambit - Rogue
    GladiaThor - Lady Thor
    @STOPTHIS Yeah, some of those were not clear connections, I was thinking "Ok, if every 4* character were to point to a 5*, based on the 5* characters already in-game, who would they be?" I was also only working with the 4* characters I already have at lvl 280 or above for my list.

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) I thought could be 5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI) due to the recent Avengers / Civil War II connection. 5* Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2) was a possibility due to her time with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Coulson, I just figured "Who else is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the 5* tier?" Nick Fury would definitely point to 
    5* Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) too.

Red Hulk to Banner would just be a Hulk connection, and Totally Awesome Hulk and Gladiator Hulk would also point to him.

Professor X to 
    5* Jean Grey (Phoenix) seems perfectly logical, though. Obviously teen Jean would also point to her. Possibly also 4* Cyclops. 4* Rogue would definitely point to 5* Gambit, though.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    The retroactive cover rewards are an especially nice touch on top of this already awesome news. Add my thanks to the pile. 
  • Quebbster
    Another nice thing: Now I don't need to reserve 250 CP for when Silver Surfer is offered in the HFH store, I can just wait until he comes as a fourstar champion reward. He is 3/4/5, so just one more cover is all I need. Still better to get it for free than having to pay for it though. :)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Brigby said:

• Players who have already earned these rewards will receive any cover they would have gotten immediately when the change is made. 
      • For example, players with a level 300 Vulture will receive the Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Stick Around and Arachnid Agility covers.

Not sure if you already wrote that, but:
    Will this apply to ALL future changes of 4*s, or only to three already announced?
    IF you meant to change all 4*s (how many of them? 50 now?), that may be pretty much 5*s for some players.

I would like to know this so i can eventualy save CPs and LTs (not only to save 5*s, but also to avoid getting tons of 5*s i cant use because of lack of ISO)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    Another nice thing: Now I don't need to reserve 250 CP for when Silver Surfer is offered in the HFH store, I can just wait until he comes as a fourstar champion reward. He is 3/4/5, so just one more cover is all I need. Still better to get it for free than having to pay for it though. :)
    He is probably going to come out of Invisible Woman , Thing or Mr Fantastic
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    This is awesome!  This will help me cover quite a few older 5’s.

@Brigby, will this be the normal champ reward setup for new 4’s released after Hulk?  Any information you can provide about future plans for older 4’s would be great too.  Will this eventually be expanded to all 4’s, or at least one for each 5?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

:edit: Goshdarnit, just noticed someone else asked pretty much the same question.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rich get richer..... 
  • Quebbster
    Arix90 said:
    Quebbster said:
    He is probably going to come out of Invisible Woman , Thing or Mr Fantastic

Not a problem, all Three are over 280.