Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Starting with R140 on November 20th, we'll be adding 5-stars to Champion Rewards for some 4-stars. Three 4-Stars will be updated in the first batch and more 4-Stars will be updated in the future. Six out of the ten Latest Legendary tokens in 4-Star Champion Rewards will be replaced with 5-Star covers. Players who have already received a Champion reward that was replaced will automatically receive the 5-Star cover when the Champion rewards are updated.

This update will kick off with Spider-Man (Peter Parker). Vulture (Adrian Toomes)’s Champion rewards will be updated to include Spider-Man (Peter Parker) covers. Vulture’s Versus event Junkyard Wars will run alongside this change. Players will have additional chances to earn Vulture covers by playing in this event.

In the following week, the Champion rewards for Medusa (Inhuman Queen) as well as Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) will be updated. Their Versus events will run alongside the Champion reward changes.

General:

• Six out of the ten Latest Legendary token Champion rewards will be replaced with 5-stars covers
    • Levels 280, 300, 320, 340, 350, and 360
  • Players who have already earned these rewards will receive any cover they would have gotten immediately when the change is made. 
    • For example, players with a level 300 Vulture will receive the Spider-Man (Peter Parker) Stick Around and Arachnid Agility covers.
Schedule:
  • Champion Reward changes
    • Vulture (Adrian Toomes) Champion rewards will be updated to include Spider-Man (Peter Parker) covers starting on November 20th.
    • Medusa (Inhuman Queen) Champion rewards will be updated to include Black Bolt (Inhuman King) covers starting on November 28th.
    • Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) Champion rewards will be updated to include Thanos (The Mad Titan) covers starting on November 30th.
  • Versus Events
    • Junkyard Wars starts at 8:00 pm EST on November 21st
    • Big Bangs Theory starts at 8:00 pm EST on November 28th
    • Sworded Affairs starts at 8:00 pm EST on November 30th

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OMG this is is amazing news.  So many great postive changes recently.  This really creates value for 4* farming, and it really makes the competition for those covers important again.

Great change
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can’t agree more. Great change!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Will the granted covers be in order from top to bottom, two cycles of 3?

EDIT: Because this would be awesome. 

Also, I need MORE ISO. ALL THE ISO. 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is a really positive change to help people level the 5*s through champion rewards. I can’t think of any negatives to this at all! 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting change that had to happen eventually with all these 5*s. I'm waiting for the "Champs rewards are nerfed cause I'm not getting an LT" posts

@Brigby, when will 3* champ rewards be updated? For instance, 3* Gamora still rewards 4* Starlord instead of her 4* counterpart
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Great googly moogly! What a deal! Excelsior!
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this is the best news ever!!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Looks like I have some new BH candidates!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is the best change the game has ever seen!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Doc L said:
    This is a really positive change to help people level the 5*s through champion rewards. I can’t think of any negatives to this at all! 
    The negative is back to back PvP events of Gamora, Grocket and Medusa boosted teams lol
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow. Just..... wow. This is an amazing change and made my week to see it! Great news all around here : )
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Doc L said:
    The negative is back to back PvP events of Gamora, Grocket and Medusa boosted teams lol
    I'd call this a positive. I love 4* PvP.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby if we have already max champed a 4* to 370 then sold it to build a dupe we will still get credited for the 5* cover I hope even if that champ is not rostered ? 
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it!

I like that your retroactivly giving rewards too!!
  • rjrobles909
    rjrobles909 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you, this is a great addition.
  • nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    this is fantastic. nothing but praise for this one. thank you.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is fan-freaking-tastic!

great job guys!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is so good and probably the best announcement since champion rewards was introduced! There will be negative feedback from a small number of players who has incomplete blackbolt, Peter Parker and thanos and 5 levels in a particular cover. However, don’t let this be a blocker to further expand this to future updates.