Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards (11/17/17)

Comments

• Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I can finally see a light to start champing 5*s.

That's such a great change.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Medusa is 279 and neither my Vulture or Gamora are champed. Hmmmm.....
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    How great... oh wait - I once again cannot get the 4* covers since those are at 900 and I am getting -200 when at 860...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    /record scratch
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    YES. YES. YES. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    This is a great change, now my only question is, what bad thing are they about to unload on us. You know every time we get something awesome, it's followed by the bad.
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Pongie said:
    This is so good and probably the best announcement since champion rewards was introduced! There will be negative feedback from a small number of players who has incomplete blackbolt, Peter Parker and thanos and 5 levels in a particular cover. However, don’t let this be a blocker to further expand this to future updates. 
    Sadly I'll have to throw away 2 Bolt covers before I get the one I need. However I'll be able to champ thanos so all good for me. Parker is already champed.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    This is completely unexpected.  Thank you for the welcome surprise :)
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    A great change. Congrats.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Hmm.  I have several thoughts

Fixed 5* covers are clearly being inserted into the game in multiple ways.  This probably says that an end to 5* play as the only endgame is approaching sooner than later.

Fixed 5* covers are welcome and much needed.

I don't know how to feel about losing 6 LTs from from 4* champ rewards.  Fixed 5*s is great, but this also makes it a little harder and slower to hoard for latests (which is clearly a benefit for demi)

Retroactive covers is awesome, thank you demi.

This should be a big help for new-ish players looking to fill out their rosters for pve essential purposes (especially if latest 5*s get rolled into 4* champ rewards quickly).

Is this an entre into regular 4* pvp at last?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow... that is so unexpected and amazing at the same time, great change!

Loving that this is retroactive as well!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a solid update. I only have six 4* characters at 280 or above so far, but one day it will help me. It is unclear if all 4* characters will eventually receive this treatment and if more than one character can point to a 5*, but here is my 280-and-above-list and hopes:

1) Captain Marvel   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI) or 5* Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
    2) Kingpin   -->   5* Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    3) Agent Couson   -->   5* Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    4) Iron Man   -->   5* Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
    5) Professor X   -->   5* Jean Grey (Phoenix) 
    6) Red Hulk   -->   5* Hulk (Bruce Banner)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you. This is the most amazing change in a long, long time. I almost don't care if they give retroactive covers, there is an actual path to specific 5*s now,  which is my biggest beef with the game since 5*s appeared. 

Thank you. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow this is awesome. I’ve been getting the feeling for a while that they are actively trying to increase 5* acquisition/adoption rate. This is another feather in that cap. 
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    This is the best news I have seen in this game in a very long time. I cannot wait for the rest of the 5s to get included too.

Thank you.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Awesome bonus. My 2/3/4 Blackbolt hopes the covers come in top to bottom order.